Fenty Skin Is Already Reselling for Over $400

Fenty The Great

PrettyHurts

I want it but I can’t be bothered with the release day shenanigans 

I hope I can get my hands on it soon 

This is about Queen Rih but not the products.

You can get 2 years worth of products for 500 dollars. 

This always happens with big products before launch, and it always shocks me that some people ACTUALLY pay that much just to have it a little early/at launch :psyduck:

5 minutes ago, qurl said:

for probably around $35~ worth of skincare ingredients ..... thas metno illness luhv !!

$35...not even close, think around $3...the moisturizer has the most expensive ingredients, while that fat water can easily go for $1 per unit, it’s basically an alcohol based toner (alcohol is hidden behind witch hazel water). 

suburbannature

Imagine paying for products before finding out if they’re good for your skin. 

My esthetician would never allow this foolery. 

9 minutes ago, maat said:

$35...not even close, think around $3...the moisturizer has the most expensive ingredients, while that fat water can easily go for $1 per unit, it’s basically an alcohol based toner (alcohol is hidden behind witch hazel water). 

i was being generous hoping miss Rih would give the gorls something other than just filler and sulfates , but yea u rite. 

istan4badgalriri
12 minutes ago, maat said:

Ugh y'all are annoying for talking without doing any research.

Who’s paying more than retail price for skin care products that’ll be the same as any item around the price point on the shelf? :skull: 

feuxtography

Hopefully they get the same return value when they all breakout from the witchhazel. :sistrens:

I ordered 2 systems and I’ll resell one on eBay but I’ll start The bid at the original price or 99¢ lol

2 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Ugh y'all are annoying for talking without doing any research.

It’s already a lie that it’s alcohol free (it has glycerol and butylene glycol), serious brands put alcohol free* and then write *ethanol, as chemically speaking those other ingredients are also alcohols (and no it doesn’t matter if they have a different function than ethanol). It’s an industry standard to add 14-15% ethanol to witch hazel distillate. And going by the cheap ingredients they used in the rest of formula, they are not ordering a specialized ingredient without ethanol. 

Thanks to this thread I just went to buy my Fenty skin set for $75 :foxylove:

along with using AfterPay

Edited by Rowdy
35 minutes ago, maat said:

It’s already a lie that it’s alcohol free (it has glycerol and butylene glycol), serious brands put alcohol free* and then write *ethanol, as chemically speaking those other ingredients are also alcohols (and no it doesn’t matter if they have a different function than ethanol). It’s an industry standard to add 14-15% ethanol to witch hazel distillate. And going by the cheap ingredients they used in the rest of formula, they are not ordering a specialized ingredient without ethanol. 

Those don't belong to the alcohol family tho. The ingredients are alright. Everything is well formulated. You are paying for the formula, the brand name, the marketing, the experience and the packaging. It literally is the industry standard and a little extra. The price point is totally fair.

But keep them conspiracy theories coming.

48 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

Thanks to this thread I just went to buy my Fenty skin set for $75 :foxylove:

along with using AfterPay

WAIT, they aren’t even sold out ? :lmao: I just added two sets to my cart. Why would anyone buy this on eBay? :skull: 

5 hours ago, XO_Life said:

Those don't belong to the alcohol family tho. The ingredients are alright. Everything is well formulated. You are paying for the formula, the brand name, the marketing, the experience and the packaging. It literally is the industry standard and a little extra. The price point is totally fair.

But keep them conspiracy theories coming.

Ethanol (aka alcohol)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRl-7OUK88aZeIyKJXCuN

glycerol

S0373.jpg?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MzAwNj

butylene glycol

imgsrv.fcgi?cid=637497&t=l

Hydrocarbon chains with OH groups = alcohols. Yes they have different properties in formula, but they are all chemically speaking alcohols.

Edited by maat
19 hours ago, PrettyHurts said:

I want it but I can’t be bothered with the release day shenanigans 

I hope I can get my hands on it soon 

You will, just wait till the initial rush ends. So about the second restock.