Greta Thunberg caught traveling time

Dracarys

Greta Thunberg, time traveller? Girl in photo from 1898 resembles activist

775.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=4e7703f6749214c81d20ac7556d789d5

Three children operating rocker at a gold mine on Dominion Creek, Yukon Territory, ca. 1898 Photograph: Eric A Hegg/University of Washington Libraries

No, Greta Thunburg is not a time-traveler in this old photo

Could Greta Thunberg be a time traveller sent from the future to save humanity from the unfolding climate crisis? A cadre of Twitter users seem to think so, after the photograph of a young Klondike goldminer bearing a striking resemblance to the Swedish activist was discovered this week.

The now viral 1898 image of three children operating a goldmine in Canada’s Yukon territory is part of a sprawling collection by the documentary photographer Eric

Hegg. Near the end of the 19th century, the Swedish American captured some of the most iconic images of people hoping to make their fortunes in the rugged north.

One of the children looks eerily similar to the 16-year-old activist, famous for her Friday climate strikes, in both the intensity of her stare and long braided hair.

“To those saying ‘How can she be in the past if she’s from the future?!?’ Obviously, as a time traveller, she can travel to ANY time period. She obviously tried to go back 120 years, didn’t work, and now she’s here. Obviously!” tweeted the writer Jack Strange.

X

Edited by Dracarys
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dracarys

• JasperX

• MingYouToo

• Pendulum

rihannabiggestfan

I've seen so many white people in my area that look alike (face-wise and even the hair color ... maybe some black hair dye would help :cm:) that I'm not even surprised anymore tbh

23 minutes ago, Dracarys said:

ikr

even the hair is the same  :deadbanana4:

No, Greta Thunburg is not a time-traveler in this old photo 

The indentation on the cheek and chin are identical. Their lower lips are also the same. Also the eyelid covering most of her eye is the same. Her separated earlobes seem the same as well. Creepy

16 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

so she's preaching Global Warming now but she was working gold mines 100+ years ago! HYPOCRITE!

she was a child :biblio:  probably working against her will aka child labor

(i know it's a joke but still)

this is proof enough that she is a prophet. Jesus returned and he is a she now and from Sweden (bc who doesn't like Sweden) and he is here to not save our souls... but his father's creation we call tha Earth.

We better listen and not crucify her/him (anymore). Although, the far right would nothing more than see Jesus Christ aka Greta vanish again... When will we learn?

"The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." - Albert Einstein