Fitzswiftie

2020 Primetime Emmy Awards | Nominations LIVE

Fitzswiftie
3 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

But in a year where 1/20 Oscar nominated actors was non-white, it seems fair to go in the opposite direction given how white supremacy is still pretty prevalent in Hollywood.

From the 102 slots available from the main acting categories, PoC/non-White performers were nominating in 40 of them (38 if you subtract the double noms for Giancarlo Esposito & Maya Rudolph)

That’s 39.2% of total acting nominees are People of Colour. 

If the Oscars has 39.2% PoC actors nominated it would 8/20 actors nominated. 

So yeah, clearly the Oscars missed up big this year (the only time they came close to this was 2016-Film year / 2017 ceremony where 7 PoC actors - Ali, Davis, Harris, Negga, Patel, Spencer, Washington - were nominated).

loveofpopculture
Posted (edited)

I feel really bad for Reese. I think it was too much to have three shows in the calendar year. Also very disappointed for Kaitlyn Dever and Merritt Wever.  Both were very deserving of nominations for Unbelievable. Maybe because it was released in September. 

Edited by loveofpopculture

Park Jinyoung
Posted (edited)

Regina BEEN King :clap3: Ahhh my f****** fave. She just can't stop winning. ACCLAIMEDmen is going to sweep.

Succession Nation let's goooooooo :jonny5: I'm upset about the vote split, I want nothing more in this world that for Jeremy Strong to win.

Edited by Park Jinyoung

Chileno

WATCHMEN :clap3: 

Lawssance
7 hours ago, Jake Frank said:

Cate Blanchett is coming

anewmix.gif

In hell maybe :gaycat3: Cate could win but the nominations showed in the acting (and other places) that they didn’t watch the show and just name-checked (see the Rose, Slattery, and Sarah snubs for the multiple Emmy winners). Regina beyond the frontrunner but Cate’s run as one was cute :gaycat4:

KylieistBoi

Yeah Regina King is stomping on that category. Easily :clap3:

Ami

Gugu Mbatha Raw's performance in The Morning Show was RIVETING. She sooo deserved a nom and didn't get one. But I almost feel like THAT scene (y'all know what I'm talking about) was maybe TOO much for people. Sigh. Steve Carell deserves the win in his category. 

fridayteenage

Didn’t realize just how dire it was last year; black rep in comedy acting categories jumped almost 400%. 

Comedy 3/39 = 7.69%

15/40 = 37.5%

+388%

kgeezy310
4 hours ago, loveofpopculture said:

I feel really bad for Reese. I think it was too much to have three shows in the calendar year. Also very disappointed for Kaitlyn Dever and Merritt Wever.  Both were very deserving of nominations for Unbelievable. Maybe because it was released in September. 

agreed.  Reese at least will have a producing nom for Little Fires Everywhere.  Im confused how The Morning Show missed Drama Series with all the acting nominations + directing.  

kgeezy310
49 minutes ago, KylieistBoi said:

Yeah Regina King is stomping on that category. Easily :clap3:

i love Regina but I want Cate to win.  

4 Emmys + an Oscar in 5 years is a BIT much for the good sis. a lot of her Emmy wins are ones where she eeked it out.  I wouldn't say she was ever really the frontrunner. 

2015 - American Crime - Sarah Paulson for AHS was the frontrunner with the siamese twins role 

2016 - American Crime - Jean Smart for Fargo was the frontrunner 

2017 - LOST

2018 - Seven Seconds - Laura Dern for The Tale was the frontrunner and even Regina was shocked on stage

fridayteenage

2010+ Series snubs with two acting noms, & writing or directing:

Morning Show One 4A + D

Ramy Two 2A + D

Ray Donovan Three 2A + D

New Girl One 2A + D

Americans Five 2A + W

Friday Night Lights Four 2A + W

Killing One 2A + D + W

Killing probably still the biggest snub then.

@michael

Limited Series Lead Actress should have had seven noms

Cate Blanchett
Shira Haas
Regina King
Octavia Spencer
Kerry Washington

Merritt Wever

Reese Witherspoon

6aYle9L.gif

@michael

Yet we can have eight noms in Comedy Supporting Actor for Kenan Thompson to get in

6aYle9L.gif

Mr. Duff

Reese Witherspoon is amazing in Little Fires Everywhere (and even in The Morning Show), and as much as I love Kerry Washington (which deserved so much for Scandal but not in LFE), Reese deserved it more because she is better.

Also sad for This is Us missing Drama Series. I think the last season is the best so far, I can't believe it missed.

Happy for Ozark :clap3: Season 3 was amazing (arguably better than any season of Breaking Bad) so very well deserved for it.

Paul Mescal getting in too is amazing, and he's an outstanding actor. I wish Normal People got more love though - Daisy and the show deserved to get nominated in the big fields too, but there was just too much competition I guess.

Mr. Duff

Oh, and I'm rooting for Christina Applegate or Linda Cardellini - Dead to Me was one of my favorite shows recently!

MrLovett

I'm so happy Schitt's Creek got so many nominations (15!) and all the lead cast got nominated in their categories! So deserved. :jonny5:

Blue Jasmine
Posted (edited)

Schitts Creek, Dead to Me, Ramy, Watchmen, Ozark, The Good Place :clap3:

Edited by Blue Jasmine

Destiny

Succession :clap3:

Destiny

Sad for This Is Us :cries:

azii

Rose Byrne continues to be slept on :biblio:

Komet blu

3 acting noms for Ozark, yet none for Tom Pelphrey even though he delivered not only the best performance in that show, but also one of the strongest ones ever in general? ok

Realistically I didn't expect anything for DARK s02, but I'm still disappointed; it's more well done than the majority of the things nominated. Although, other 10/10 series like The Wire and The Leftovers also got 0 emmys, while s08 of GOT broke records so whatever

Marla Singer
1 hour ago, Komet blu said:

3 acting noms for Ozark, yet none for Tom Pelphrey even though he delivered not only the best performance in that show, but also one of the strongest ones ever in general? ok

Yeah Tom should've been nominated too, he was incredible.

Rhea Seehorn from Better Call Saul is another disappointing snub.

dabunique
21 hours ago, Caesar said:

Zendaya in Euphoria > Angelica in Pose :sorry:

False. U think Zendaya could pull off Candy ...yeah right 

Ghost

Kaitlyn Dever and Merritt Wever deserved, dammit :chick3:

Arcadius

Reese basically played the same character in all three shows the Academy probably felt she was over saturated.