Letemtalk

Taylor Swift Fans Send Death Threats To ‘folklore’ Reviewers

Recommended Posts

jpow
On 7/28/2020 at 8:16 AM, The7thStranger said:

Man. The Swifties are coming for the Hive's "Worst Fans of All Time" crown.

They've already eclipsed them tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
desert rose
On 7/28/2020 at 4:27 AM, *.Digambar.* said:

Not you guys acting like every base dont do that. 

over an 80/100? :ahh:nah every base is not ****ing enraged by an 80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1989

I know the Monsters and Hive aren’t in here acting brave when y’all do gross stuff on the regular. 
 

OT: this is wrong. I wish Taylor would tell them to calm down. Twitter Swifties and stan twitter in general...yikes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrBeyonceFan

Weirdos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScarletWitch

Not Swifties calling monsters the worst fanbase of all time when we haven't even done 10% of what they're capable of, including sending death threats because the reviwer DARE give this album a 80 out of 100 :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drive Bitch
On 7/28/2020 at 8:36 AM, NicoleAMatty said:

I'm pretty sure this thread is made every single time a pop girl drops an album. :skull:

It is but not over an 8/10 from Pitchfork like wtf :deadbanana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JasperX

LOL 8 is a great score on Pitchfork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thedastardly
On 7/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, bluebirdsforever said:

This exact behaviour is all over stan twitter, it’s really getting out of control. I don’t know what the solution is and I don’t think there is one, considering the rare cases where artists do speak up (they pretty much never do) don’t actually change anything

This is my problem, the artists know they can cut it down by saying something but they don't because they like it. They like that they have fans they can weaponize and hurt anyone that doesn't speak praise of them. Narcissistic and creepy. They'll only say something if it affects THEIR pockets. Mind you, these same celebs look down on these fans and see them as crazy as well so it's not like it's earning them anything. They know people this rabid will buy anything too. I don't know how these stans don't see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thedastardly

the internet rewards obsessive behavior. A lot of psycopaths who would usually hide their madness now get to display it anonymously online. Even the replies are like chill tf out.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assassin

Swifties are disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TripDaStati0n
8 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Swifties are disgusting.

Yes Im not surprised they would do this even the ones on this site act like phychos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raiden
Posted (edited)

What a bunch of deplorables.

 

Taylor is still silent:

 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/taylor-swift-remains-silent-as-fans-doxx-and-harass-music-critic-over-folkore-review?ref=home

 

This is unacceptable — she needs to apologize UNEQUIVOCALLY.

 

Whataboutism doesn't cut it. It doesn't matter which other fanbase has behaved badly in the past. This is DOXXING!!! That's straight up crime. A new low

 

 

 

 

Edited by Raiden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Watson!

She should have posted some reviews ( good and less good) and thank the critics, like she did with 1989. Nice way to stop hate without taking responsibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rep2000
On 7/31/2020 at 7:52 PM, thedastardly said:

This is my problem, the artists know they can cut it down by saying something but they don't because they like it. They like that they have fans they can weaponize and hurt anyone that doesn't speak praise of them. Narcissistic and creepy. They'll only say something if it affects THEIR pockets. Mind you, these same celebs look down on these fans and see them as crazy as well so it's not like it's earning them anything. They know people this rabid will buy anything too. I don't know how these stans don't see it. 

This logic would sound 'right' if we didn't have cases like the Beatles before. Acknowledging this would only create the precedent that the more horrible some act, the more likely they would even get interactions from their faves. Acknowledging the extremists would only give them the "attention" and "validation" that they crave from the celebs and the fandom (and Taylor frankly has enough stalkers breaking into her home already. Yearly!). Like, Beyonce and Gaga said something and they turned even against them. The only one who has the powers to act is literally the platforms themselves, since this is literally a toxicity issue on their own platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rep2000
On 8/1/2020 at 9:56 AM, Raiden said:

What a bunch of deplorables.

 

Taylor is still silent:

 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/taylor-swift-remains-silent-as-fans-doxx-and-harass-music-critic-over-folkore-review?ref=home

 

This is unacceptable — she needs to apologize UNEQUIVOCALLY.

 

Whataboutism doesn't cut it. It doesn't matter which other fanbase has behaved badly in the past. This is DOXXING!!! That's straight up crime. A new low

 

 

 

 

This is bull****. As this only sets up to create an excuse for Taylor to get **** on for some random psychos' behaviours in the future! How about keeping the freaking psychos accountable instead of shifting this blame on Taylor herself?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éclat

“sounding like an articulate Trump“ :deadbanana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Comedor

That satanic pic. :dancehall3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
effy

mess, an 8/10 score on pitchfork is so good lol. stan twitter was a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Losing my ground

Hope she gets lower ratings then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karla Cabello

:lakitu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beautiful Garbage

Stan culture is the pits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankru2010

More people in the country acting stupid. You can be arrested if something actually happen to these reviewers. You can be arrested for suspicion of a crime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlondGuts

Yet a certain base was coming at Little Monsters for disagreeing with people who didn’t like Chromatica .... these jokes wrote themselves 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eric.
On 7/28/2020 at 5:16 AM, bluebirdsforever said:

This exact behaviour is all over stan twitter, it’s really getting out of control. I don’t know what the solution is and I don’t think there is one, considering the rare cases where artists do speak up (they pretty much never do) don’t actually change anything

I guess they don't talk because they don't want to get too paternalistic with their fans and because no one wants to get a headline saying they acknowledge their fans harass people, that would probably even worse publicity if not handled properly. Also, if this happens very often it would be a very embarrassing look for an artist to be calling out their fans on social media regularly.  

 

In some cases it would be helpful and responsible for some artists to speak out, specially if the have themselves fostered a paternalistic relationship with their fans, but these fans are ultimately people who run on their own, not puppets you can control.

 

Also, this tweet is so on point: 


:rip:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites