Letemtalk

Taylor Swift Fans Send Death Threats To ‘folklore’ Reviewers

bluebirdsforever
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Imagine pretending that every fanbase harasses innocent people and gets this upset over 8.0 and 6.0 reviews :isudumblmao:

Regardless, stan Twitter is the worst of the worst overall

Yeah, you’re right, every fan base get this upset over less :isudumblmao: 

I’ve seen death threats and doxxing in the past year over everything from chart predictions, tweets and even someone just looking at Jay Z the wrong way (that was a mess). If you think it’s only swifties doing this, you’re not paying attention. 

This exact behaviour is all over stan twitter, it’s really getting out of control. I don’t know what the solution is and I don’t think there is one, considering the rare cases where artists do speak up (they pretty much never do) don’t actually change anything

Edited by bluebirdsforever

onewillowsilk

The second-hand embarrassment :skull:

Don't they know that this only makes Taylor look bad and that they won't be changing any of the reviews they've written and posted? :rip:

ariananext

an ariana hater broke into her house to kill her just some months ago and y'all still think stan twitter is not serious? 

1 hour ago, Letemtalk said:

Are late-night threatening phone calls a joke now?

Imagine the outrage if Taylor was the one receiving late night late-night threatening phone calls.

36 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

I love the album but Taylor more than any other MPG is guilty of weaponising her fanbase to further her agenda hence their delusions of grandeur and bullying machinations. 

33 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

That doesn't make it okay and in any case Taylor is the only entitled MPG that enables vitriolic bullying.

bluebirdsforever
3 minutes ago, ariananext said:

an ariana hater broke into her house to kill her just some months ago and y'all still think stan twitter is not serious?

You’re absolutely right, but I’m not sure why you’re co-signing posts about Taylor being the only MPG who “weaponises her fan base” and enables bullying considering even Ariana courted this exact same controversy last year. All of our favs are a mess when it comes to this, like... assigning blame to specific fan bases just downplays the entire problem.

Grumpy Cat

every fanbase is like this tho

grAntVRIL

my fave couldnt even get 6:rip:

Whore of Babylon

psychopathic behavior 

Rep2000
54 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

That doesn't make it okay and in any case Taylor is the only entitled MPG that enables vitriolic bullying.

You do read the article, right? Not defending the feral twitter stans, but you seriously need to read the last part before saying bs like this.

Daddy
1 hour ago, katyslut said:

not you thinking they're being serious....:deadbanana2:

A threat is a threat girl

Rep2000
Posted (edited)

Wasn't that @bigreputatien person tried to come at/trolled Taylor's activism a few months ago? What gives?!

naomiobserves.gif

Edited by Rep2000

ariananext
19 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

You’re absolutely right, but I’m not sure why you’re co-signing posts about Taylor being the only MPG who “weaponises her fan base” and enables bullying considering even Ariana courted this exact same controversy last year. All of our favs are a mess when it comes to this, like... assigning blame to specific fan bases just downplays the entire problem.

ariana drags fans a lot on twitter when they're doing something wrong and rightfully so, that's pretty different from sending your fanbase to bully someone who knows business better than you but i don't wanna argue or go offtopic so i'm leaving the thread after this :heart:

Rep2000
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ariananext said:

ariana drags fans a lot on twitter when they're doing something wrong and rightfully so, that's pretty different from sending your fanbase to bully someone who knows business better than you but i don't wanna argue or go offtopic so i'm leaving the thread after this :heart:

Wasn't 🛴 also using Justin/Ari twitter stans to do his dirty works by sliding into their DMs anyway? So what gives (again!!) !?

naomiobserves.gif

Edited by Rep2000

Em1794
1 hour ago, bluebirdsforever said:

Not y’all acting like every fanbase doesn’t do this :deadbanana2:

Stan twitter is a mess

Pitchfork gave Fine Line a 6.0 and we did not do this :rip: 

mcohen
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ariananext said:

The obsession with Taylor :dies:

OT - Some stans need to relax 

Edited by mcohen

Artistofthedecade
11 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Taylor doesn't even use Twitter regularly. :heart:

Lil Mxnster

At the end of the day nobody cares for Metacritic score :biblio:

Paddy

Why are swifties turning into 2013 little monsters?

Rep2000

Or 2016 hives. Remember Rachel Roy/Ray debacles?

Or 2020 barbz. Poor Simm.

thatsmydemi

The fact that they think a 8.0 review is bad... :rip: 

I saw yesterday a tweet saying that female artists deserved better and they added Pitchfork's reviews of ChloexHalle, Taylor and Dua Lipa (7.7, 8.0, 7.6 respectively) as if they were bad. :rip: 

Rep2000
3 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

The fact that they think a 8.0 review is bad... :rip: 

I saw yesterday a tweet saying that female artists deserved better and they added Pitchfork's reviews of ChloexHalle, Taylor and Dua Lipa (7.7, 8.0, 7.6 respectively) as if they were bad. :rip: 

You meant this one:

Cookies n Cream

the satanic cursed images under the tweet is actually disgusting :rip: 

Sept

Swifties are not much different from Kpop stans. Probably the same age too

MingYouToo
1 hour ago, Blue. said:

I mean, the reviewer did say seven should have been cut from the album so...

oop maybe miss Lucifer should pay them a visit after all :fan:

MingYouToo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bey'Knight said:

Pathetic :toofunny3: Twitter needs to take accountability  for curbing this kind of behaviour. Whether they are serious or not, these rabid stans know they'll get a rise out of their victims especially when there's hundreds, maybe thousands doing this within a short space of time.

I love the album but Taylor more than any other MPG is guilty of weaponising her fanbase to further her agenda hence their delusions of grandeur and bullying machinations. 

the absolute lack of self awareness :toofunny2:

What theyre doing is trash but Beyonce fans are some of the most weaponized and aggressive stanbases on the Internet, more than Kpop stans probably.

Theres a reason SNL creates entire skits dedicated to the 'Beygency' :rip:

Edited by MingYouToo

BnPac

Imagine being so mad about a 8 from Pitchfork. There is an entire section on Pitchfork for 8 and above. Dumb fans. 
I hate how people are not accountable for their actions, I think social media and online posting should cease to be anonymous. If you can ditch death threats you need to be accountable for it.