• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supertiffany

• WeFoundWill

• BadX

• Lalisa

23 minutes ago, Moon said:

IS THIS TRUE BECAUSE I'D BE SO DOWN FOR A COLLAB 

no shade to Miss Tinashe, love ha, super talented but she is a megaflop  :rip:  YG is obviously only getting them to collab with comercially successful people

28 minutes ago, Moon said:

IS THIS TRUE BECAUSE I'D BE SO DOWN FOR A COLLAB 

Maybe she’ll write songs for them

But I don’t see YG & Interscope have her appear on their songs since they didn’t even approve Little Mix’s collaboration request

11 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

no shade to Miss Tinashe, love ha, super talented but she is a megaflop  :rip:  YG is obviously only getting them to collab with comercially successful people

5 minutes ago, Mythology said:

Maybe she’ll write songs for them

But I don’t see YG & Interscope have her appear on their songs since they didn’t even approve Little Mix’s collaboration request

I have a vision of Tinashe doing a lil lilidance gig with Lisa ... would be cute 

2 minutes ago, Moon said:

I have a vision of Tinashe doing a lil lilidance gig with Lisa ... would be cute 

okay Raven, here for that  :clap3: 

anyways, we should really move back to the base officially and just post here just about THE ALBUM-related stuff :dies:

Lovesick Girls longevity in Korea :WAP:
Basically their 7th smash hit there.. 3.5 black-side tracks: Whistle, DDDD, HYLT and 3.5 pink-side tracks AIIYL, PWF, Lovesick Girls :WAP: Forever Young kinda mix between their black and pink-side imo, so counting it as 0.5 for both :gaycat6:

Edited by TaylenaStan

42 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

Basically their 7th smash hit there.. 3.5 black-side tracks: Whistle, DDDD, HYLT and 3.5 pink-side tracks AIIYL, PWF, Lovesick Girls :WAP: Forever Young kinda mix between their black and pink-side imo, so counting it as 0.5 for both :gaycat6:

FY is definitely "pink"

Whistle is more "pink" while PWF is more "black"

1 hour ago, TaylenaStan said:

Ice Cream and AIIYL are truly their only pink tracks visually AND sonically idc idc. Maybe Forever Young as well.

The black side is not only about being an edgy bad bitch, It also represents their vulnerability and sadness. It basically includes their emo tracks as well. 

Lovesick Girls, Stay and PWF are def not pink side songs. They may be sonically more pop but they still don't fit that bubblegum image.

That being said I do believe that they actually mostly scrapped the double black side pink side concept after DDDD smashed. Especially bc they haven't mentioned it post AIIYL release. They just do whatever they feel like now. It's also easier for them as artists to not always having to think about those 2 boxes whenever they release. 

Also that aside I would somewhat label Boombayah as a hit in Korea these days. I feel like the GP grew more fond of after Its immense global success. They wouldn't be were they are today without that song and I feel like Korea realized that. 

On 12/20/2020 at 3:25 AM, supertiffany said:

did you finish watching all of their music videos?

which one is favorite?

Sorry I'm late! I been trying to get back to you! Here are my faves:

I'm between "How You Like That" & "Lovesick Girls". "How You Like That" that bridge and dancebreak (with the Vogue reference) is everything!

I just love the way their videos look. I've been watching a lot of K-Films lately and have become my faves. So I love how their videos look like mini-films. The visuals are flawless!

My least favorite is "Ice Cream". Anyone else? I think the song is cute, but the video is OK. They've served better.

I can't with Korean awards, they're not even trying to hide their **** anymore, I didn't even know The Album wasn't nominated on SMA:ahh:

Eqz8fJWXEAAH6tE?format=jpg&name=large

Eqz8flZW4AsRRo5?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Lalisa

I’m a little out of the loop.

I keep seeing stuff about Lisa and Rose ‚Äúgoing solo.‚ÄĚ Are they gonna continue to make music as Blackpink while pursuing solo careers too?¬†

12 minutes ago, Jtyoung said:

I’m a little out of the loop.

I keep seeing stuff about Lisa and Rose ‚Äúgoing solo.‚ÄĚ Are they gonna continue to make music as Blackpink while pursuing solo careers too?¬†

all of the girls are releasing solos, Jennie already released her solo song (titled Solo, lol) in November 2018... Rosé and Lisa are up next, Jisoo is last... they are still working together primarly as BLACKPINK, think of the solos as like an extension of the BLACKPINK musical universe  :) 

also, *insert Bernie Sanders meme* I am once again asking you (not specifically you Jtyoung but everyone) to use the BLACKPINK base for general BLACKPINK discussion and not the album thread  :heart2:

22 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

all of the girls are releasing solos, Jennie already released her solo song (titled Solo, lol) in November 2018... Rosé and Lisa are up next, Jisoo is last... they are still working together primarly as BLACKPINK, think of the solos as like an extension of the BLACKPINK musical universe  :) 

also, *insert Bernie Sanders meme* I am once again asking you (not specifically you Jtyoung but everyone) to use the BLACKPINK base for general BLACKPINK discussion and not the album thread  :heart2:

Thanks for the info, I was a little worried because I just got into them with the Album and love them now. I'll be sure to use the base from now on.

17 minutes ago, Jtyoung said:

Thanks for the info, I was a little worried because I just got into them with the Album and love them now. I'll be sure to use the base from now on.

omg welcome to the Blink family. :beatfreak: