peterstyles13

Folklore 500K SPS in the US already; 400K pure, 100K TEA/SEA

infrared
58 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Well if we do it, 

Self Titled sold 617.000 Units in first 3 days in 2013.

Folklore sold 500k+ in 3 days which is equal to more than 1.290 million+ Units in 2013.

Units in US by year:

2013 - 289.4 million

2019 - 112.7 million. 

I used 2019 numbers because we don't have 2020 numbers yet but it will be less than 112 million for sure which makes the equal number just bigger(ı also used 500k which is mininum number). 

I wouldn't really put it like that. Her sales have always been outside the trend of music sales. No matter what year it's been it's always hovered around 1 million.

Especially given that Red & 1989 sold somewhat similar.

Artistofthedecade
1 hour ago, infrared said:

I wouldn't really put it like that. Her sales have always been outside the trend of music sales. No matter what year it's been it's always hovered around 1 million.

Especially given that Red & 1989 sold somewhat similar.

1989 was her peak and Reputation's opening hype was massive. Both were bigger first week successes than Red (and speak now) despite same sales due to declining industry. Speak now and Reputation's first week hype's weren't even close but they sold about same because 2010 had advantage. 

I am not saying that Folklore could surely sell that much in 2013 but my post's real point was, how meaningless it is to compare 2013 sales to 2020. Industry changed big since then.

Folklore is challenging Thank u next with most streamed album debut for a female artist. She is doing that despite huge digital sales in 2020. She could easily have biggest first week sale of 2013 with these numbers while ST wasn't biggest of it's time. It was a huge succcess either way tho. 

SelenaTheWinner

Damn. So proud of my girl! <3