Starkboy

Dua Lipa f/ Madonna & Missy Elliott - "Levitating" (Remix)

StrangerInTheDark
59 minutes ago, MonsterOfFame said:

I didn't say she didn't have hits when millennials were the peak pop music audience. I said she didn't become "hip" or "cool" like she wanted to with the younger crowd.

Madonna collabs with whoever is "hot" with the younger crowd at the moment. It was Timberlake in 2008, Nicki & MIA in 2011, Diplo & Avicii in 2015, and Quavo & Swae Lee in 2019.

During press for the release she acts as if they became partners in music. But the fact that she is never seen collaborating, working with, or even dealing with these artists in any way again afterward makes it a bit obvious that it was an attempt to capitalize on their younger audience. Yes, many artists do this but the fact that Madonna fans don't call it for what it is makes it frustrating.

49 minutes ago, MonsterOfFame said:

Gaga and Ariana randomly met and slowly became friends naturally before the collab. Ariana was the one who pushed for the collab to finally happen, and it seems like Gaga released it because it was a meaningful song about shared experiences between the two. This is the epitome of what a collaboration should be, and it's the exact opposite of what I said Madonna was doing.

You're trolling right? There is no logical explanation behind this nonsense. 

Ivan_brit

She didn’t talk about the existence of any Levitating music video ?? :biblio: should We all be worried ??

NightCrawler
18 hours ago, MonsterOfFame said:

Madonna: I failed to be seen as hip with Millennials, so here's my chance with Gen Z!!

We all know why Gaga wanted Ariana and Blackpink on her album, and it's not because they are "meaningful songs about their shared experiences" :toofunny3:

Dua wanted Madonna on her song, because she's one of her idols and inspirations for Future Nostalgia.

I still don't know if they're even gonna push this, but 11 days left.

Edited by NightCrawler

JVSPER

a remix album AND a b-side album???? :jonny5:

dangerousalex

the way she's actually giving us everything she can this era :jonny:

GlamSlam

2 hours ago, MonsterOfFame said:

Madonna collabs with whoever is "hot" with the younger crowd at the moment. It was Timberlake in 2008, Nicki & MIA in 2011, Diplo & Avicii in 2015, and Quavo & Swae Lee in 2019.

During press for the release she acts as if they became partners in music. But the fact that she is never seen collaborating, working with, or even dealing with these artists in any way again afterward makes it a bit obvious that it was an attempt to capitalize on their younger audience. Yes, many artists do this but the fact that Madonna fans don't call it for what it is makes it frustrating.

The whole point of a collaboration is to make money - so why is M being judged and criticized for doing the exact same thing as MJ, Mariah, Britney, Beyonce, Elton, Prince, Janet, Celine, Stevie Wonder etc?  Some of the greatest artists in the world have worked with the younger crowd of the moment, so why do people get bend out of shape over Madonna doing it?

Unlike LG,  22 years passed before Madonna collaborated with younger artists. At least Madonna has never been so arrogant as to align herself with bigger (and legendary artists) like Gaga did with Beyonce, Cher, Elton John and Tony Bennett so early in her career. The woman literally gives the impression she thinks she was the most talented artist who ever walked the earth, so her decline in popularity has been interesting to say the least.

Madonna worked with Kanye West in 2008 and again in 2015. Nicki Minaj - 2012 and 2015. Maluma on 3 tracks (including one for his album). Missy Elliot 2004 and again 2020. She is also still friendly with Britney, Pharrel and Kanye etc so your theory holds no water. Why would you be frustrated for her fans? Seems to me like you wanted a good old bitch about her, tbh.

Edited by GlamSlam

GlamSlam
2 hours ago, MonsterOfFame said:

Gaga and Ariana randomly met and slowly became friends naturally before the collab. Ariana was the one who pushed for the collab to finally happen, and it seems like Gaga released it because it was a meaningful song about shared experiences between the two. This is the epitome of what a collaboration should be, and it's the exact opposite of what I said Madonna was doing.

:lmao: Please!

Lover

10 days