Kanye West

Keisha Buchanan Wins Sugababes Name

Schami66
26 minutes ago, starsailor said:

Hope we have more of this!

Have you listened to the demos, that leaked over the last few years?

Flatline fits perfectly well with the other songs. There is one called Summer Of 99. I think, that this could've been a great comeback single.

jqnetto

wait a minute, why Flatline isn't available on Spotify anymore? :biblio:

Goofy
54 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

Now get rid of Siobhan and bring back Heidi and i'm here for it!

umm no. Siobhan is a literal angel. her vocals are unmatched.

JoAddams
1 hour ago, ONOPKA said:

u better not. Heidi - Keisha - Mutya is the best sugababes line up

this!

57 minutes ago, Attitude said:

I'm sad Mutya never released Sugababes wrapping paper and notebooks.

scream :rip:

Airhead

Good!!

The original line up is the best!

Goofy

the 40 demos that leaked last year....heaven, pure heaven.

Open Book, No Regrets, Too In Love, Love In Stereo,....I could cry just thinking bout it :heart:

Kanye West
38 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Mutya's recent story contradicts her claims from 2005/2006. 

Just like SIobhan denied Keisha bullied her. They are not opening old wounds. 

You can also find interview online where Mutya talked about being better friends with Heidi during her time than with Keisha... 

And back in I don't know, 2007 or 2008 they said Mutya is welcomed to come back whenever she wants to...

I lost all respect towards Mutya and Keisha after they threw Heidi and Amelle under a bus and they were asking for stans and GP to hate them and present them as villains despite both of them knowing what kind of deal they signed in 2001 with Heidi and that both Heidi and Amelle were forced to come back with new member or label would've replaced all three of them and release Sweet 7 no matter what (and they already started shooting AAG video without them! )

It seemed more like Mutya wasn't allowed back in and that's why it all kicked off. Mutya announced she was quitting music shortly after Keisha's departure and going for the Sugababes name. I don't know about Heidi but it's clear Amelle was treated badly by Keisha.

Recently, Mutya and Keisha were on Instagram live together and praised Heidi and Jade. Keisha asked Mutya who her favorite was besides herself and Siobhan and repeated "Not your least favorite" several times as if she was about to mention Amelle. Despite this, Amelle recently said she's not interested in reforming with Heidi and Jade and liked a tweet asking her to join the original lineup as a 4-piece.

Kinda crazy the label was considering replacing all of them. It explains the About A Girl video having those stunt doubles based on 3.0 despite not performing any stunts

Passle

Sugababes fans continue to be amongst the dumbest of fanbases.

1. Crown, Amelle, Heidi and Jade own the Sugababes trademark.

2. This renewal document is for a handful of categories they wanted to renew. It has nothing to do with Keisha. They've not lost a single one either.

3. Keisha, Mutya and Siobhan license the rights to use the Sugababes name for music amongst other things from Crown, Amelle, Heidi and Jade, and this continues to be the case.

4. Keisha, Mutya and Siobhan are free to buy the trademarks for Sugababes in any and all other product categories that Crown doesn't already own. Anyone is. Mutya has it for certain types of stationary.

Kanye West
Just now, Passle said:

Sugababes fans continue to be amongst the dumbest of fanbases.

1. Crown, Amelle, Heidi and Jade own the Sugababes trademark.

2. This renewal document is for a handful of categories they wanted to renew. It has nothing to do with Keisha. They've not lost a single one either.

3. Keisha, Mutya and Siobhan license the rights to use the Sugababes name for music amongst other things from Crown, Amelle, Heidi and Jade, and this continues to be the case.

4. Keisha, Mutya and Siobhan are free to buy the trademarks for Sugababes in any and all other product categories that Crown doesn't already own. Anyone is. Mutya has it for certain types of stationary.

You are incorrect. This renewal document is to show the only clauses Crown still owns and had success in renewing. Keisha owns the rest, including the right to record under the Sugababes name. Keisha fully owns the trademark in the US and now owns most clauses in Europe

JoeAg
1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

If you don't know who they are, listen to their biggest hit Push The Button. This was back when Siobhan dyed her hair blond

this and About You Now are pop perfection epitomized honestly :jonny5:

OT: good for her!! :clap3:

professor2000
56 minutes ago, jqnetto said:

wait a minute, why Flatline isn't available on Spotify anymore? :biblio:

It was never on anything for the US.  I’m STILL pressed about that lol.  I didn’t know much about Sugababes, but I LOVED that song.  

Video ain’t on YT anymore either.

OT: I thought they won the name back years ago lol.  

professor2000
1 hour ago, starsailor said:

Hope we have more of this!

Ahhhh...thank you! Thought this was taken down.  I went to look for it just last week lol.  

BraveNewSeth
2 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

I believe this was when Mutya wanted to leave the band to start her solo career and when it bombed she regreted it and started dissing othet members of Sugababes and was bitter.

Lol Mutya never regretted leaving the band post Push The Button promotion. It's pretty obvious she left because she was becoming uncomfortable with how sexualized (and commercial) the band was becoming.

StrangerInTheDark
2 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Lol Mutya never regretted leaving the band post Push The Button promotion. It's pretty obvious she left because she was becoming uncomfortable with how sexualized (and commercial) the band was becoming.

lol that's not true. 

BraveNewSeth
1 minute ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

lol that's not true. 

It's supported by several of Mutya's own comments

StrangerInTheDark

It's supported by several of Mutya's own comments

lol she said 5000 different stories over last 15 years. The only truth is that she was already booking her solo deal by the time she decided to leave the babes (and had songs in the vault, including the one written by Amelle), she didn't even talk about it properly with them, and when she announced she said it was because she wanted to dedicate herself to her baby only for her to release her lead single 12 months later. 

BraveNewSeth

lol she said 5000 different stories over last 15 years. The only truth is that she was already booking her solo deal by the time she decided to leave the babes (and had songs in the vault, including the one written by Amelle), she didn't even talk about it properly with them, and when she announced she said it was because she wanted to dedicate herself to her baby only for her to release her lead single 12 months later. 

Yes... and what did I say originally? She was uncomfortable with how sexualized the band was becoming and wanted to do things her own way.

StrangerInTheDark
1 minute ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Yes... and what did I say originally? She was uncomfortable with how sexualized the band was becoming and wanted to do things her own way.

That's simply not true. They were not forced into being sexualized especially not after gaining credibility at the critics while having commercial success. She was simply tired of being in a girl group and thought she could have career as a solo artist since everyone was hyping her thanks to her voice. 

BraveNewSeth

That's simply not true. They were not forced into being sexualized especially not after gaining credibility at the critics while having commercial success. She was simply tired of being in a girl group and thought she could have career as a solo artist since everyone was hyping her thanks to her voice. 

I'm not saying they were being forced... but Keisha and Heidi obviously had no problem with selling sex, while it made Mutya uncomfortable. She stated this several times between 2005 and 2006. And on top of that, it's no secret that as time went on the Sugababes' music become more and more commercial. The decline from One Touch -> AWDF -> Three -> TIMW is staggering and noted in several critic reviews :skull: 

J-esper
Posted (edited)

Bring on Sugababes/MKS revival, the leaked demo's  of their shekved album are so damn good

Edited by J-esper

Badger

I’m tired.  There might as well be six of them. 

StrangerInTheDark

I'm not saying they were being forced... but Keisha and Heidi obviously had no problem with selling sex, while it made Mutya uncomfortable. She stated this several times between 2005 and 2006. And on top of that, it's no secret that as time went on the Sugababes' music become more and more commercial. The decline from One Touch -> AWDF -> Three -> TIMW is staggering and noted in several critic reviews :skull: 

Oh please. Are you one of those post-2009 1.0 bandwagoners? You sure sound like one. 

BraveNewSeth
7 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Oh please. Are you one of those post-2009 1.0 bandwagoners? You sure sound like one. 

Uhhhh no :skull: I find Siobhan's vocals to be grating. I'm just laying down the facts as I see them :michael:

StrangerInTheDark
3 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Uhhhh no :skull: I find Siobhan's vocals to be grating. I'm just laying down the facts as I see them :michael:

Well you're wrong. Were you even a fan back in the day or you are talking about what you think happened based on all the negativity surrounding SGB (thanks to Keishagate) and their decline? 

BraveNewSeth
7 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Well you're wrong. Were you even a fan back in the day or you are talking about what you think happened based on all the negativity surrounding SGB (thanks to Keishagate) and their decline? 

No... I'm basing it off of what Mutya and Keisha have said themselves :skull: I've never been a big fan of Keisha until recently when she started uploading those videos on Youtube. Now I see her in a new light.