insomniac

Drag Race Holland | Episode 2 - OUT NOW on Videoland & WOW

Funhouse
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

kinda tea
My only problem that I have with this franchise coming to our country is who will judge the show....

I can’t see them choosing the right people since our country has a really small drag scene with no huge well known figure to judge drag. I can see the judges probably not having to do with drag at all since they’ll probably would want to include BN’ers...

i’m sorry but I can’t see this turning out as well as CDR or Drag Race: Thailand

i’m fully expecting a shitshow lol

Yeah true, the judges could be messy depending on who they get. My biggest fear is that they'll go for old messy gay celebrities and comedians because that wouldn't gel well with the drag race brand at all. I think they'll probably follow the Canada format (1 drag queen, 1 woman from a related industry, and 1 ~sassy gay celeb) and it'll most likely be RTL people since they own Videoland. I've seen people mention Nikkie and I think's she'd be a great choice for host/judge, but she's at avrotros currently so I'm not sure if that's even possible.

I've heard they've been working closely with people from the Amsterdam scene so far, so hopefully they can find some young and relevant people who actually know drag instead of the same old reality tv dinosaurs. I watched the German knockoff drag race and the judging was awful because 2/3 of the judges had no connection to drag at all.

Edited by Funhouse

Bicassie
26 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Yeah true, the judges could be messy depending on who they get. My biggest fear is that they'll go for old messy gay celebrities and comedians because that wouldn't gel well with the drag race brand at all. I think they'll probably follow the Canada format (1 drag queen, 1 woman from a related industry, and 1 ~sassy gay celeb) and it'll most likely be RTL people since they own Videoland. I've seen people mention Nikkie and I think's she'd be a great choice for host/judge, but she's at avrotros currently so I'm not sure if that's even possible.

I've heard they've been working closely with people from the Amsterdam scene so far, so hopefully they can find some young and relevant people who actually know drag instead of the same old reality tv dinosaurs. I watched the German knockoff drag race and the judging was awful because 2/3 of the judges had no connection to drag at all.

Yeah apparently casting has already been done for the season. I really hope that we’re gonna see some talented queens and not the same old regurgitated queens that we see on the NPO/RTL.

As for the judges...they’ll probably will get it wrong but hopefully the queens make up for it lol.

I’m keeping my expectations extremely low!

ainadalkaz
5 hours ago, Devon said:

Canada's Drag Race and Drag Race Thailand have already ran without Ru, and Canada's has been pretty good!

Thailand >>>

I didn't expect Drag race Holland at all but I'm here for it

Funhouse

Apparently Fred van Leer will be the host. He used to work as a drag queen in Rotterdam before he got famous and he'll be in drag every episode. His makeup will be done by Amsterdam queen Envy Peru, who has done Fred's makeup in the past for tv appearances. 

Bicassie
19 hours ago, Funhouse said:

Apparently Fred van Leer will be the host. He used to work as a drag queen in Rotterdam before he got famous and he'll be in drag every episode. His makeup will be done by Amsterdam queen Envy Peru, who has done Fred's makeup in the past for tv appearances. 

Um did not know that....so he’s the Ru of the show?

hmm he might do the trick...but i’m still doubtful...

chile this will be hard to watch...

insomniac

This is going to be a mess. Should’ve been in English and an actual working drag queen should present. Someone like Envy Peru and maybe even have Nikkie Tutorials in the panel (she’s a makeup guru anyway which is fitting).

also would’ve been nice if this version was in English. Arent most of the Amsterdam Queens from all over? Not sure if they’re bilingual.

Bicassie
2 hours ago, insomniac said:

This is going to be a mess. Should’ve been in English and an actual working drag queen should present. Someone like Envy Peru and maybe even have Nikkie Tutorials in the panel (she’s a makeup guru anyway which is fitting).

also would’ve been nice if this version was in English. Arent most of the Amsterdam Queens from all over? Not sure if they’re bilingual.

Most of the queens that they casted probably speak dutch since it’s a show based in The Netherlands. I’m more confused about the judges they’ll pick cause Fred Van Leer was never known for his drag for example and that kinda is a problem when putting him at the centre of the judges...yikes! :skull: 

The other judges are hopefully better :sistrens: 

J-esper

Aslong as Carlo Boszhard isn't a judge, I am excitef

Bicassie
43 minutes ago, J-esper said:

Aslong as Carlo Boszhard isn't a judge, I am excitef

DONT PUT THAT IN THE UNIVERSE PLS :biblio:

TheseThingsHappen

I'm worried they will ruin this with awful casting choices for the host and judges.

I wonder when they'll announce it.

Sonny

I’m actually so excited for this. Dutch people are a mess and hilarious, I know the Snatch Game is going to be tacky and amazing. I can’t wait. 

Funhouse
23 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I’m actually so excited for this. Dutch people are a mess and hilarious, I know the Snatch Game is going to be tacky and amazing. I can’t wait. 

People who think the Canadian judges are too mean just need to wait for one of the Dutch judges to tell a queen she deserves to be shot for not performing well

Bicassie
19 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

People who think the Canadian judges are too mean just need to wait for one of the Dutch judges to tell a queen she deserves to be shot for not performing well

I don’t think people will be as outraged tbh 

Mainly since most won’t care enough to watch a non-english spinoff...a Drag Race Thailand tea 

insomniac
22 hours ago, Bicassie said:

I don’t think people will be as outraged tbh 

Mainly since most won’t care enough to watch a non-english spinoff...a Drag Race Thailand tea 

Still feel like the Dutch one should be in English. Most if not all speak English and especially the drag scene in Amsterdam is quite International. Have Nikkie Tutorials host with her American accent and it would give the seller Queens and show much more exposure.

insomniac
Posted (edited)

Better money making opportunities for Videoland and RTL too if they create the show in English. as they can sell their version overseas more easily.

Edited by insomniac

G.U.Y. Gaga

I mean Ru isn't even a working queen hihi

Chileno

It would be disrespectful to call it Holland and not use their own language, not everything has to be in English, let's be more diverse :heart:

touchofmyhand
2 hours ago, Chileno said:

It would be disrespectful to call it Holland and not use their own language, not everything has to be in English, let's be more diverse :heart:

I’m more bothered by them using “Holland” over “Netherlands”. :rip: 

P.O.P
On 7/26/2020 at 6:33 PM, Dula Peep said:

Are drag race Australia and Brazil coming next?? Seems like the most obvious choices 

Drag Race Brazil omg can you even imagine the drama

pigeon

I think Australia hasn't been picked up but i heard Brazil is in works.

SevenFootSounds

It's official!

Hector

September 18 is the date!

PMM
1 hour ago, SevenFootSounds said:

It's official!

ok werk 

Hurem

September 18 :wap: 

rN820

will this be available on WOWPresents+ like UK and Canada were?

I'm in the USA