Tistotal

HDD: Folklore to debut with +650K

Recommended Posts

SinnerCity

She is honestly unstoppable :jonny2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr.Link

This could have done 1M if it weren’t for Covid. Even though she’s definitely past her peak in singles her album sales and her power to make every single album release an event is impressive after 14 years in the business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcohen
20 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

This could have done 1M if it weren’t for Covid. Even though she’s definitely past her peak in singles her album sales and her power to make every single album release an event is impressive after 14 years in the business. 

No one past their peak is opening with 700k with a surprise album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1989
On 7/27/2020 at 3:55 PM, Buffy said:

I think Taylor’s a real legend.... we joke about it the last several years but I think it’s really true. She’s up there with Madonna, The Beatles, and whoever else I’m missing.

I agree :jonny2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teenager
21 hours ago, mcohen said:

No one past their peak is opening with 700k with a surprise album

They're talking about Taylor's peak though, which is still a cut above everyone else. Other girls would DREAM of having a 'flop' Taylor era which is still wildly successful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcohen
1 minute ago, teenager said:

They're talking about Taylor's peak though, which is still a cut above everyone else. Other girls would DREAM of having a 'flop' Taylor era which is still wildly successful.

Like Madonna, Taylor's peak isn't one but spread out across years of career 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squall
1 hour ago, New Edition said:

Bundles did that

Bundles did what? Physical copies with a digital code are what you guys call "bundles"? :dies: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SelenaTheWinner

Wow! QUEEN! <3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buffy
On 7/28/2020 at 9:36 PM, Mr.Link said:

This could have done 1M if it weren’t for Covid. Even though she’s definitely past her peak in singles her album sales and her power to make every single album release an event is impressive after 14 years in the business. 

Well..... this album wouldn’t have existed at all if it wasn’t for covid so it’s hard to say how much she’d sell. She definitely wouldn’t have sold 1M if she released a Lover 2.0. We can thank covid for waking up her senses and going back to storytelling

Edited by Buffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainMusic
22 hours ago, mcohen said:

Like Madonna, Taylor's peak isn't one but spread out across years of career 

 

 

Folklore won’t even sell half of 1989 in SPS, won’t have anywhere near the hits and likely won’t win AOTY either.

 

Taylor definitely peaked with 1989 but just because you’ve peaked doesn’t mean you’re not still successful.  
 

Madonna peaked with True Blue, MJ peaked with Thriller,  Adele with 21 etc but they were still huge afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Popboi.
1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

Folklore won’t even sell half of 1989 in SPS, won’t have anywhere near the hits and likely won’t win AOTY either.

 

Taylor definitely peaked with 1989 but just because you’ve peaked doesn’t mean you’re not still successful.  
 

Madonna peaked with True Blue, MJ peaked with Thriller,  Adele with 21 etc but they were still huge afterwards.

1989 was def her peak. I guess they meant that Taylor has peaked in different areas in different moments of her career, or spanning multiple eras.


Madonna's imperial phase was the 1-2-3-4-5 punch of Like a Virgin - True Blue - Like a Prayer - The Immaculate Collection and Blonde Ambition Tour. But she peaked when it comes to touring with Hard Candy/MDNA and when it comes to acclaim she was long overdue, with Evita/Ray of Light.

 

Similar to how Taylor's imperial phase being Fearless to 1989 + reputation Stadium Tour, acclaim could very much be folklore and she could still yet to tour when it comes to touring.


Both share ups and downs across eras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nova_23

I never got my digital download from her store :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcohen
4 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

Folklore won’t even sell half of 1989 in SPS, won’t have anywhere near the hits and likely won’t win AOTY either.

 

Taylor definitely peaked with 1989 but just because you’ve peaked doesn’t mean you’re not still successful.  
 

Madonna peaked with True Blue, MJ peaked with Thriller,  Adele with 21 etc but they were still huge afterwards.

If you say so!

 

 

Edited by mcohen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clauss
6 hours ago, Popboi. said:

1989 was def her peak. I guess they meant that Taylor has peaked in different areas in different moments of her career, or spanning multiple eras.


Madonna's imperial phase was the 1-2-3-4-5 punch of Like a Virgin - True Blue - Like a Prayer - The Immaculate Collection and Blonde Ambition Tour. But she peaked when it comes to touring with Hard Candy/MDNA and when it comes to acclaim she was long overdue, with Evita/Ray of Light.

 

Similar to how Taylor's imperial phase being Fearless to 1989 + reputation Stadium Tour, acclaim could very much be folklore and she could still yet to tour when it comes to touring.


Both share ups and downs across eras.

Why excluding Lover era, where she was the #1 artist in the world?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LovaticSwiftie
11 hours ago, Nova_23 said:

I never got my digital download from her store :rip:

Are you from the U.S.?

Because it says "digital downloads are not available to customers outside the u.s."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buffy

When do we find out the final numbers??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nova_23
1 hour ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

Are you from the U.S.?

Because it says "digital downloads are not available to customers outside the u.s."

Yes I’m from the US 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Popboi.
18 hours ago, Clauss said:

Why excluding Lover era, where she was the #1 artist in the world?

When you have multiple smash hit eras, it’s easy to forget to mention 1. :gaycat5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites