Coklek92

88 MC | Taylor Swift 'folklore' critic thread

cruelcooper

96 and with Pitchfork that will be 81. bookmark me :shakeno:

Chemist

I fcking hate why pitchfork is so important. Are their reviewers better than the other publications? NOPE

By the Water

P4k stand Red so in theory they should love this but I can see them giving a lower score for the sake of it

G.U.Y_del_Rey
Posted (edited)

OMG it went up :jonny5:

Wouldn't shock me if b*tchfork tries to be edgy by scoring it with less than 8.0 :zzz:

Edited by G.U.Y_del_Rey

Squall
Posted (edited)

Enjoy the 96, Pitchtrash will drag the score down :rip: 

Edited by Squall

Medonerpls

Let’s enjoy the 96 while we have it :emofish:

jim19911126

I can see reasons that critics are giving this high scores, just see it as an alternative genre album you will get why.

For me this is no way better than SN or Red or even Lover, but this album does prove that she is more than just a pop star.

She has matured so much and Lover kinda showed that but not enough, this album then did the job and in an unexpected way.

As a long time Taylor fan I love to see her grow like this, put away all her rage and innocent images, this album tells us she now is a grown woman who has flaws and weakness, and she finally understands how to embrace herself.

My two faves, Gaga and Taylor both gave me their most matured works in their career, I’m so happy.

DirtyPony87
3 minutes ago, jim19911126 said:

I can see reasons that critics are giving this high scores, just see it as an alternative genre album you will get why.

For me this is no way better than SN or Red or even Lover, but this album does prove that she is more than just a pop star.

She has matured so much and Lover kinda showed that but not enough, this album then did the job and in an unexpected way.

As a long time Taylor fan I love to see her grow like this, put away all her rage and innocent images, this album tells us she now is a grown woman who has flaws and weakness, and she finally understands how to embrace herself.

My two faves, Gaga and Taylor both gave me their most matured works in their career, I’m so happy.

As a long-time Taylor and Gaga fan, I couldn’t have put this better myself. :clap3:

aliciavikanders
10 minutes ago, Chemist said:

I fcking hate why pitchfork is so important. Are their reviewers better than the other publications? NOPE

Yes. Lol 

Tbf, Pitchfork is probably just milking the coverage of this album since it's a huge release and it's a pandemic, the publication is obviously struggling at the moment. Like, they need clicks. 'Betty' didn't get BNT but the review is extremely complimentary and glowing towards the album as a whole. I wouldn't be shocked if they add another track review tomorrow (maybe 'exile'?) and give it BNT, and then finally give the album BNM next week with like an 8.3-8.5 score. 

Either that, or they really didn't like it that much and will hand it a cute 7.9 :michael: Still an improvement over the scores 'reputation' and 'Lover' received. 

Taylor fanboy

Can it beat reputation’s revisited 8.5 P4K score? Hmmmm

Gui Blackout

Why are you guys freaking out P4K? The Betty review is great, it reads as a rave for the album 

aliciavikanders
8 minutes ago, jim19911126 said:

Yeah, a 96 score is low-key ridiculous but everyone is getting high scores these days. So far this year, 6 albums have 90+ on MC, it used to be rare to find 2 albums in one year passing that threshold. And it's only JULY. 

The reviews so far are a combination of narrative (wow, Taylor is finally a serious songwriter again) and the fact critics are generally kinder towards albums by huge pop artists now. Well, they've always been kind to Swift so this isn't really that new or surprising. 

cruelcooper
1 minute ago, Taylor fanboy said:

b*tch i wish :fish2:

If this gets even an 80 from P4k it will be a nothing short of a miracle. 

Squall
2 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

That's why everyone hates them, they always feel the need to give "average/good" scores for the sake of being cool and end up praising the same album years later, they're a joke :dies: 

aliciavikanders
Just now, Gui Blackout said:

Why are you guys freaking out P4K? The Betty review is great, it reads as a rave for the album 

I mean it didn't get BNT, which means it likely won't get BNM, which means it's probably getting a score under 8.0

But yeah as I said, it won't be surprising if they review 'exile' or something tomorrow and give that BNT and then the album BNM later. 

fridayteenage
3 minutes ago, aliciavikanders said:

Well, they've always been kind to Swift so this isn't really that new or surprising. 

No, Her albums are all underscored. And that's that on that.

Gui Blackout
Just now, aliciavikanders said:

I mean it didn't get BNT, which means it likely won't get BNM, which means it's probably getting a score under 8.0

But yeah as I said, it won't be surprising if they review 'exile' or something tomorrow and give that BNT and then the album BNM later. 

It doesn't mean that at all :rip: seriously calm down, its gonna be +8.0 for sure

Breathe On Moi

Not a ****ing 95 omg :jonny5:

Squall
1 minute ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Not a ****ing 95 omg :jonny5:

96*

JawBreaker
9 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

I'm sure folkwh0re will beat reputas revisted 6.7 P4K score :alexz3:

Headlock

Not the score rising again :deadbanana:

Will it survive P4K's review and stay in the 90s, por favor :jonny:

dangerous.

P4K seems like they're going to give it a stellar review idk what y'all are on about. Regardless, happy to see all the other rave reviews flooding in!

Taylor fanboy
2 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

I'm sure folkwh0re will beat reputas revisted 6.7 P4K score :alexz3:

Oh look it’s the ME! stan teaching us about Math. Stick to spelling.

Taylor fanboy
2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Not the score rising again :deadbanana:

Will it survive P4K's review and stay in the 90s, por favor :jonny:

All that Rob had to do was give it a 5/5.