rihannabiggestfan

Video Game & Video Game Graphics Discussion Thread

BNF91
31 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

I was watching yesterday's trailer for Halo and I was laughing really...and it's a next gen game. Couldn't compete with this.

Naughty Dog as a studio are just a step ahead of everyone else tbh

whew i was so letdown by halo yesterday.. i'm not looking for them to try and make it look photoreal, but even the detail was lacking. textures, lighting, animations, character models.. they haven't evolved those systems at ALL.. it looks and feels like an xbox 360 game :deadbanana2:

tiagol88
31 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

whew i was so letdown by halo yesterday.. i'm not looking for them to try and make it look photoreal, but even the detail was lacking. textures, lighting, animations, character models.. they haven't evolved those systems at ALL.. it looks and feels like an xbox 360 game :deadbanana2:

I honestly can't believe MS was better prepared for the Xbox One's release than it's successor in terms of games...so much hype, interviews, CEOs trying to create some hype for nothing...

Javan
On 7/20/2020 at 8:32 AM, Archetype said:

Mirror's Edge... just wow.  The way this game used lighting and color was truly unique, I stan to this day.  

Plus, it had an amazing theme song :jonny5:

mirrors-edge-needs-to-go-back-to-its-roots-1.jpg

edge1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Mirrors-Edge.jpg

this song used to make me cry when I was younger. Yes the aesthetic was so groundbreaking at the time. I had no idea how niche it was, its such a fond memory of my early teens. I feel blessed that I'm of the few who had the fortune of finishing this game. 

rihannabiggestfan
1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

I honestly can't believe MS was better prepared for the Xbox One's release than it's successor in terms of games...so much hype, interviews, CEOs trying to create some hype for nothing...

Really? I'm excited for Fable (AHH! Xbox One didn't get one :jonny2:), Psychonauts 2 (this skipped TWO gens!), Avowed, and Everwild - a few other games seemed good too.

rihannabiggestfan

There seems to not be an active Video Games thread in general, so I fixed that :cm:

Djbrian
On 7/19/2020 at 10:25 PM, kelly-clarkson said:

I'm still amazed to see how good Kingdom Hearts 1 looks considering it was released on 2002. I still enjoy to play it.

Firaga_KH.gif

My fav franchise of all time. I hope 3 isn't the last one

On 7/19/2020 at 11:21 PM, Oni said:

I looove the stage art of 2d fighting games, especially if it's pixel art.

Guilty-Gear-XX-Reload-Arcade-Video-Game-

1_nw0mk39.gif

l6Xgvsw.gif

NAPUn0w.gif

ggxx-stage-babylon.gif

1_bmq9apc.gif

jTQ0gbh.gif

I loved the 2d Mega man fighting scenes. I wish they could find a way to release a good modern mega man game 

EPogxe-XsAMycm9.png

On 7/19/2020 at 11:29 PM, Oni said:

You spilled. The obsession with realism and next gen graphics is honestly hurting the video game industry. :michael:

Even if a game achieves a new high in video game graphics, that won't leave a strong impression if the story, gameplay, music and characters aren't up to par. And often with trying to strive for realism in graphics, the appeal is momentary, you won't play a game (again) because of the graphics, and there's always the issue with such graphics being dated in a few years time and being uncanny valley. 

Yeah the gameplay isn't as fun as it used to be. The old school games like Zelda had much more longevity.

kelly-clarkson
9 minutes ago, Djbrian said:

My fav franchise of all time. I hope 3 isn't the last one

Taste :clap3:

The 3 won't be the last one, especially since it was the fastest-selling title in the franchise. It's just that the 4th game won't be about Xehanort. It will probably about the character that is shown on the secret movie. I just hope Sora is on it :chick1:

Sanctuary

I think the PSX Tomb Raider games have held up a lot better graphically than most other games from that era.

The use of color, lighting, and some level design tricks to work around system limitations has really held up. To compare it to another AAA platformer, I think the original Spyro games have graphically aged like milk :rip:

rihannabiggestfan
2 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

I think the PSX Tomb Raider games have held up a lot better graphically than most other games from that era.

The use of color, lighting, and some level design tricks to work around system limitations has really held up. To compare it to another AAA platformer, I think the original Spyro games have graphically aged like milk :rip:

Right. I like Spyro on the original Xbox tho, esp upscaled on the 360

maxresdefault.jpg

A sucker for those colors, but the fact that I can't beat the game cuz of save glitches, ugh :bibliahh: I would have to leave my 360 on overnight and such, nty

Hongbin
Posted (edited)

Gshade + 4k resolution in FFXIV 

UGK8ulP.png

nHCMVGZ.png

Edited by Hongbin

Shoful
On 7/20/2020 at 1:25 AM, kelly-clarkson said:

I'm still amazed to see how good Kingdom Hearts 1 looks considering it was released on 2002. I still enjoy to play it.

Firaga_KH.gif

On 7/20/2020 at 1:28 AM, rihannabiggestfan said:

An amazing game. That and KH2 are the only Playstation exclusives I've played (on PC emulator). I played both on ultra graphics, but the fact that I preferred how KH1 looked >. Amazing art style

Kingdom Hearts is such a great franchise. Been playing since 1 came out. Not really excited for the new game MoM but i feel like another will be out next year that’ll return to The normal games

G.U.Y. Gaga

Everyone should be playing final fantasy 14