rihannabiggestfan

Video Game & Video Game Graphics Discussion Thread

bluebirdsforever
1 hour ago, Legendairy said:

See just how different Nathan Drake looks in Uncharted 4 on PS4 ...

Nathan Drake from Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Nathan Drake!!!                                                                                                                                                     Más

Naughty Dog's decision to make Nathan drake even more handsome. I just can't. Sometimes he gets a bit distracting in U4, stopping the game for photomode cause he just look so dashing in tux, back then the old Drake model was just there. 

Not to mention how rugged he is.

Nathan Drake & Elena Fisher - Uncharted

:jonny5:

Archetype
Posted (edited)

Mirror's Edge... just wow.  The way this game used lighting and color was truly unique, I stan to this day.  

Plus, it had an amazing theme song :jonny5:

mirrors-edge-needs-to-go-back-to-its-roots-1.jpg

edge1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Mirrors-Edge.jpg

Edited by Archetype

Roman_xxi
3 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Mirror's Edge... just wow.  The way this game used lighting and color was truly unique, I stan to this day.  

Plus, it had an amazing theme song :jonny5:

mirrors-edge-needs-to-go-back-to-its-roots-1.jpg

edge1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Mirrors-Edge.jpg

:clap3:the first game still looks so fresh 

BlackoutZone
Posted (edited)

I was never really obsessed with graphics, it was never a factor I cared about much while looking for a game and even in top tier productions I do not pay much attention some hyper hair details or something, in the end gameplay is all that matters.

That being said the new Unreal Engine trailer is absolutely stunning and next level

I love games that have interesting graphic design captivating me, because of certain art style or domination color palette though, like the witness:

the-witness-recenzja.jpg

09876543qrtyuiopmnbvcxsdfghjkllkiuygfghj

And I absolutely adore the beautiful 2D pixel games like Stardew Valley :alexz3:

Edited by BlackoutZone

BlackoutZone

I think graphic wise this is my favorite game ever though :jonny:

Journey, a timeless masterpiece

journey-01.jpg
journey-2.jpg

journey-caves.jpg 

rihannabiggestfan
2 hours ago, May said:

There’s a recent mod for the sims 1 which allows for it to be fully 3D, can you imagine how ahead of its time it would’ve been? :jonny: 

I am devastated that this is not working for me, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm getting "a fatal error occurred" :skull: I installed everything necessary

Scotty

Aside from RDR2 which looks so realistic. And Skyrim (modded). I liked Kingdom Come Deliverance, the graphics are shiny, I just like the feel

kcdpc_04.jpg

8320qhc.png

fXIcWJV.png

uEgTQyO.png

jPmrGf8.png

3WAgoJO.jpg

86cJJrw.jpg

rihannabiggestfan

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012 Edition) is easily one of the most gorgeous games on a 7th Gen console

nfsmw-billboard.jpg

nfsmw-city.jpg

Bioshock Infinite as well

019945.jpg?width=900

screenlg2.jpg?width=900

G.U.Y

A Plague Tale :

APlagueTaleInnocence_x64-2019-05-04-03-47-19-089.jpg

Child Of Light

child-of-light-wallpaper-19.jpg

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

oriwisps_07.jpg

New Dawn:

fcnd_01.jpg

Origins: 

ACOrigins-2017-10-29-02-30-44-711.jpgACOrigins-2017-10-29-18-04-03-261.jpg

Odyssey:

ACOdyssey-2018-10-11-00-42-39-437.jpgP2yfLQQUkoyWnMHWhgWMf6.jpg

Bonus: :jonny5:

Everyone's comparing the trees from SwSh and BOTW : pokemon

touchofmyhand

Octopath Traveler :jonny5:

NSwitch_OctopathTraveler_04.jpg

latest?cb=20180927124925

octo1-1024x576.jpg

ahzark97
Posted (edited)

Control: It's stunning, has great environments, the fact it all takes place in one huge building :eek:

A User Has Recreated Control in Dreams PS4 and It Looks Stunning

Abzu: SImplistic style but timeless

Abzu Screenshots - Image #19303 | New Game Network

Prey: Beautiful graphics

Prey is looking damn good with the latest 4K screenshots | TweakTown

Edited by ahzark97

May
6 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

I am devastated that this is not working for me, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm getting "a fatal error occurred" :skull: I installed everything necessary

hmmm have you used the instructions in this video?  I hope it works, I’m on my sims 3 hype atm but I’d love to play this in 3D at some point :thing: 

Rence

What to Do When You Feel Lost in 'The Legend of Zelda: Breath of ...

Sunset on the beach : zelda

CEDEC2018

Lexiel

I can TASTE his foreskin :jonny:

Nathan Drake from Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

rihannabiggestfan
6 hours ago, ahzark97 said:

Prey: Beautiful graphics

Prey is looking damn good with the latest 4K screenshots | TweakTown

Is the 2017 Prey you posted a remaster of the 2006 shooter called Prey?

1.jpg

Prey2006Bagogamescover.jpg?strip=all&los

ahzark97
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Is the 2017 Prey you posted a remaster of the 2006 shooter called Prey?

1.jpg

Prey2006Bagogamescover.jpg?strip=all&los

There's no correlation between both games other than taking place in space and having the same name

Edited by ahzark97

rihannabiggestfan
4 minutes ago, ahzark97 said:

There's no correlation between both games other than taking place in space and having the same name

Considering I can't think of any games with the same name off the top of my head (it would be like me releasing a game called Fable, Oblivion, Halo, or Bioshock), it's a bit odd imo. 

"After the release of the first prey (2006 one) bethesda asked Human Head Studios to make a second prey since the first one manage to gather a small fan community.

Prey 2 was shown at the 2011 E3, what has been shown was really good and people were amazed, even bethesda.

The game was putting you in the body of a survivor of the first Prey, you were a bounty hunter in an open world, there was karma and factions - people would like or hate you depending on what you've done for them/against them, there was an environment that adjusted to player behavior, good level design, and your character got a wide variety of skills and weapons.

Bethesda decided to give 6 more month to let humanhead finish the project to have a "perfect game".

But Bethesda was also willing to hire humanhead to be part of the company, which humanhead declined.

So as a revenge Bethesda put them in hard condition (financially and with the plahning) in an attempt to force humanhead to accept the deal, they still refused.

So Prey 2 was aborted officially because the game wasn't meeting the Bethesda technical quality standard and humanhead was in too bad condition to finish the game by themselves.

Bethesda keep the license for themselves, and they used the name to grab the few fans of the first Prey because it has some similarities with the first Prey (2006 one)."

"The rights to the original 2006 game were sold to Bethesda, however Prey 2 was cancelled. This one is a spiritual successor rather than a true sequel or reboot. A re-imagined version.

So same roots, but different games essentially."

:oh:

very interesting, I want to play Prey (2017). Prey (2006) was a very underrated, quality game

G.U.Y
12 hours ago, Scotty said:

Aside from RDR2 which looks so realistic. And Skyrim (modded). I liked Kingdom Come Deliverance, the graphics are shiny, I just like the feel

jPmrGf8.png

waiT

That middle dot, is it a mod ? 'cause I don't have that

Scotty
4 minutes ago, G.U.Y said:

waiT

That middle dot, is it a mod ? 'cause I don't have that

That's actually a screenshot I found online but there's a way to do it I believe. It might be a mod or something you have to fiddle with in the game files idk.

ahzark97
2 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Considering I can't think of any games with the same name off the top of my head (it would be like me releasing a game called Fable, Oblivion, Halo, or Bioshock), it's a bit odd imo. 

"After the release of the first prey (2006 one) bethesda asked Human Head Studios to make a second prey since the first one manage to gather a small fan community.

Prey 2 was shown at the 2011 E3, what has been shown was really good and people were amazed, even bethesda.

The game was putting you in the body of a survivor of the first Prey, you were a bounty hunter in an open world, there was karma and factions - people would like or hate you depending on what you've done for them/against them, there was an environment that adjusted to player behavior, good level design, and your character got a wide variety of skills and weapons.

Bethesda decided to give 6 more month to let humanhead finish the project to have a "perfect game".

But Bethesda was also willing to hire humanhead to be part of the company, which humanhead declined.

So as a revenge Bethesda put them in hard condition (financially and with the plahning) in an attempt to force humanhead to accept the deal, they still refused.

So Prey 2 was aborted officially because the game wasn't meeting the Bethesda technical quality standard and humanhead was in too bad condition to finish the game by themselves.

Bethesda keep the license for themselves, and they used the name to grab the few fans of the first Prey because it has some similarities with the first Prey (2006 one)."

"The rights to the original 2006 game were sold to Bethesda, however Prey 2 was cancelled. This one is a spiritual successor rather than a true sequel or reboot. A re-imagined version.

So same roots, but different games essentially."

:oh:

very interesting, I want to play Prey (2017). Prey (2006) was a very underrated, quality game

It's definitely worth getting if you liked Bioshock. I need people to play it in hopes of a sequel cause it kinda flew under the radar in terms of success. Just about to start my second playthrough:duca:

rihannabiggestfan
8 hours ago, May said:

hmmm have you used the instructions in this video?  I hope it works, I’m on my sims 3 hype atm but I’d love to play this in 3D at some point :thing: 

OMG it seems like it's because I've installed custom content, **** :skull:. But I have a plan :cm: (that involves using a different PC ... although I wish that wasn't necessary)

PopMusicJunkie

I keep coming back to this game just based on the graphics alone.  

Just a very pretty game overall, it’s hard to believe the last game plays on the same system.  

BNF91

the way Naughty Dog is edging so close to photorealism on 2013 architecture :jonny6:

TLOU2 is crazy. i can't even imagine what their PS5 titles will look and play like..

50148874561_e969ab7621_b.jpg 50148873181_b7631d30b9_b.jpg 50148332358_bdb8fc67ee_b.jpg 50149112982_4b91bfa949_b.jpg 50149109997_75dc111c6b_b.jpg Time Stands Still 50148331618_6e6897b658_b.jpg

(no cutscenes, just in-game photos)

tiagol88
27 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

the way Naughty Dog is edging so close to photorealism on 2013 architecture :jonny6:

TLOU2 is crazy. i can't even imagine what their PS5 titles will look and play like..

50148874561_e969ab7621_b.jpg 50148873181_b7631d30b9_b.jpg 50148332358_bdb8fc67ee_b.jpg 50149112982_4b91bfa949_b.jpg 50149109997_75dc111c6b_b.jpg Time Stands Still 50148331618_6e6897b658_b.jpg

(no cutscenes, just in-game photos)

I was watching yesterday's trailer for Halo and I was laughing really...and it's a next gen game. Couldn't compete with this.

Naughty Dog as a studio are just a step ahead of everyone else tbh

thatsmydemi

Pokemon's DS graphics are underrated imo.

HeartGold & SoulSilver

espeon^^ uploaded by digital fake on We Heart ItPokemon Heart Gold Soul SIlver | Pokemon, Juegos

Pokemon HG/SS - Bell Tower GIF | Gfycat20 Years Later: 'Pokémon Gold and Silver' | Goomba Stomp

Black and White

Pokémon] used Rain Dance! [Video] | Pokémon black and white, Black ...gif 1k gaming pokemon my gifs Black and White edits bw 2k 3k route ...pixel, pokemon, and video game image | Pokemon pictures, Pokemon ...Pokemon video games nds GIF - Find on GIFER

The charm of these graphics will NEVER be touched by 3D graphics (at least not under GameFreak :fan:). 

They were not perfect but they have definitely aged like fine wine compared to the current state of the games. 

The quality they could be serving right now if they had continued with 2D graphics rather than jumping into 3D... but well, it was bound to happen sooner or later I guess.