MrLovett

Black is King | Streaming Now on Disney+

ZIVERT

I’m so annoyed that there’s no consolidated thread for this on ATRL tbh :skull: but it’s nice to read actual discussion about this movie, rather than concern trolling like on other websites. This movie was phenomenal, and does the amazing Gift album justice. I can’t wait to watch again with my boyfriend and watch him get slayed

PopMusicJunkie

A visual feast from start to finish, she has truly mastered the art form.  

I love everything about it.  :jonny5:

Grown K

The movie was pure art. I might not love the songs but the whole body of work is truly next level. I would like Beyonce to serve this kind of slayage next album but with better songs.

Kevin2803

It was great visually and the music and artists were also amazing. I'm just not a big fan of visual albums, because it's basically a 90-minute music video and i got a little bored at times. But it's still the best visual album i've seen so far.

Navyboy20
On 8/1/2020 at 1:54 AM, Javan said:

Oh ok. I mean I never really expected her to have her lil babies in there. It’s just that in the credits it said the film was dedicated to Sir Carter and that took me aback :thing:

It just means that she's working on another project to dedicate to Rumi  :duca: 

Lady Claire

Watched the movie like, 6 times as of now :jonny5: truly a beautiful work of art. Sometimes i troll B on ATRL due to some stans but irl i adore her and always check/support her work.

This is beautiful, from start to finish. The narrative connected with TLK (a.k.a. my fav animated movie of all time) makes me so happy and nostalgic.

My parents' religion is Umbanda (idk if i said that correctly in english? i'm sorry) and they found it beautiful some Orishas references she used :heart2: they only saw a few scenes though, i'll make them watch the whole thing later.

Fav moments- Mood 4 Eva, Already, Otherside :weeps: and My Power. But i love all the other ones too, for me this is Beyoncé's best visual project.

It sucks it's only on Disney+, that streaming service still haven't arrived where i live and i had to download the movie :biblio: i hope eventually she releases a physical version of the film or The Gift Deluxe, even if it's just limited. Otherwise i'll make my own version like i did with Kim Petras' albums

A 10/10 film, she's truly put all her passion on it and was worth it :clap3: