MrLovett

Black is King | Streaming Now on Disney+

SaintWest
1 hour ago, badgirlriri said:

The way I teared when the Disney movie intro played at the start. You could feel how monumental this is :cries:

That's when I started sobbing unexpectedly. :rip:

JBJT2786

MY POWER is such a  :jonny2:

The visuals :jonny5:

The Choreo :jonny:

Blue :jonny6:

I wish this bitch made it an separate MV when this came out..... i hate her so much.

380L.gif

Tangane
4 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

MY POWER is such a  :jonny2:

The visuals :jonny5:

The Choreo :jonny:

Blue :jonny6:

I wish this bitch made it an separate MV when this came out..... i hate her so much.

380L.gif

Best music video of the movie, that's for sure!!!!

LoveInStereo

Just finished. Overrated as hell. Poetry sucked. Had no story. Music was dismal. All hype, no substance

Valentine

the absolute excellence!!!!

Like she just keeps topping herself visually. It's incredible. Every shot was art!

Brown Skin Girl, Find Your Way Back, Water, Mood 4eva and Power are some of the best music videos I've ever seen

Valentine
16 hours ago, badgirlriri said:

The way I teared when the Disney movie intro played at the start. You could feel how monumental this is :cries:

girl yes! And then bigger started. I couldn't handle the emotion

132bc2d3bb92b571c8f776e55a6b2721a18c716a

Valentine
29 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Just finished. Overrated as hell. Poetry sucked. Had no story. Music was dismal. All hype, no substance

No substance? No story?

The story is the circle of life. The boy grows up throughout the film. He starts off lost and doesn't understand his worth/makes mistakes. The lack of self-worth and self-reflection is the metaphorical Scar/villain of this film. He soon realises his full potential to be something better, a king. He has a child at the end and the circle of life continues.

It's about learning from the past, empowering yourself and empowering those around you, specifically from a black perspective

This is by far her most intricate work so far. I'm sure there's other more detailed interpretations out there if you're interested

Insanity

It's only on Disney+ right?

skwonderfactory

Watched it and I LOVED it!!! I actually never listened to The Gift (aside from “SPIRIT”) so this was all new for me. 

The visuals were definitely her best yet and she served so many damn looks I am weak :jonny5:

The only complaints I have is the transition into the “SPIRIT” visual felt kind of abrupt and I rreeeaalllyyyy wanted a section for “BLACK PARADE” aside form the credits. 

Sonically, I prefer Lemonade but this is definitely her best project visually.

Javan
Posted (edited)

I liked it overall but a bit disappointed ngl. I saw the Already leak and expected the entire film to be of that calibre.

definitely preferred lemonade and ST tho. They were more cohesive and dynamic in every way.

After Bigger the film kinda went down hill until Alright. It’s like the quality from the first half and second are night and day. U can tell the first half especially, she used a lot of junior directors creators. Just started to get a bit redundant watching people standing stoic like a fashion catalogue.

But I do wonder what it looks like from the eyes of someone who isn’t african, maybe just them standing there is enough to marvel at.

And erm I tried to keep an open mind but then I’d see something blasphemous every 20 minutes and just be like dang was that necessary :thing: 

Blue and Bey went off during Power :jonny: 

Edited by Javan

Javan

And am I tripping or do beyonce have a whole nother daughter she snubbed in the entire film :rip: 

Thor

Beautiful gowns.

BeyBronts
1 hour ago, Javan said:

And am I tripping or do beyonce have a whole nother daughter she snubbed in the entire film :rip: 

Rumi was in Brown Skin Girl - she is just a toddler after all. It would be an odd move if she was in it as much as Blue as she's so young, it would look forced upon her. Blue, on the other hand, clearly loves the camera! :jonny5:

Javan
35 minutes ago, BeyBronts said:

Rumi was in Brown Skin Girl - she is just a toddler after all. It would be an odd move if she was in it as much as Blue as she's so young, it would look forced upon her. Blue, on the other hand, clearly loves the camera! :jonny5:

Oh ok. I mean I never really expected her to have her lil babies in there. It’s just that in the credits it said the film was dedicated to Sir Carter and that took me aback :thing:

BeyBronts
4 minutes ago, Javan said:

Oh ok. I mean I never really expected her to have her lil babies in there. It’s just that in the credits it said the film was dedicated to Sir Carter and that took me aback :thing:

Yeah, I think it's because he was the only one not in the film, also maybe because TLK is about a young male character so she's relating it back to him 

klynb

That was pure Black excellence...I felt so empowered, so proud to be black in the horrible world around us. 

I loved everything about it and I can't wait to watch it again.

Sonny

Everybody who knows me knows I can't stand Beyonce (I still always check out her music and videos etc cause I love pop culture and pop music), but a friend of mine wanted to watch it and I watched it with him, honestly I were slayed. The visuals and looks were amazing! The middle dragged a little but it ended so strong. Probably Beyonce's best work visually. Never listened to the album either but I heard a few bops!

MrLovett
8 hours ago, Sonny said:

Everybody who knows me knows I can't stand Beyonce (I still always check out her music and videos etc cause I love pop culture and pop music), but a friend of mine wanted to watch it and I watched it with him, honestly I were slayed. The visuals and looks were amazing! The middle dragged a little but it ended so strong. Probably Beyonce's best work visually. Never listened to the album either but I heard a few bops!

:clap3:

G.U.Y. Gaga

Cliche 

but

beautiful gowns 

Lucyyyyyyyyy

The visuals are beautiful. Whoever did styling/costumes deserves 10000 awards. I don’t remember Don’t Jealous Me or Water being that good either. :jonny: 

FLAallday

I don’t think it’s been spoken on yet but Pharrell’s outfit in Water is soooo dope

OhMyAlf

Just finished a second viewing and the excellence on display I can't :jonny:. Like most My Power was the biggest slay 

Arcadius

Bigger, Water, Brown Skin Girl and really everything was so good and flowed so well especially with the story.

My Power choreo was God tier. :jonny5:

leightxn

This was OUTSTANDING. Absolutely loved it. I have only listened to a few tracks off The Gift but I thoroughly enjoyed this. My Power was insane :jonny:

V$.
On 8/1/2020 at 1:41 AM, LoveInStereo said:

Sure, Jan.