MrLovett

Black is King | Streaming Now on Disney+

MrLovett
Posted (edited)

EdSo1_1U4AE6EiR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Black is King is a celebratory memoir for the world on the Black experience,” Disney and Beyoncé’s Parkwood Entertainment said in announcing the visual album. “The film is a story for the ages that informs and rebuilds the present. A reunion of cultures and shared generational beliefs. A story of how the people left most broken have an extraordinary gift and a purposeful future.”

According to the companies, Beyoncé’s visual album reimagines lessons of The Lion King for “today’s young kings and queens in search of their own crowns.” The film was in production for one year with a cast and crew that represent “diversity and connectivity.”

Black is King pays tribute to voyages of Black families throughout time. The visual album tells the story of a young king’s “transcendent journey through betrayal, love and self-identity.” His ancestors help guide him toward his destiny, and with his father’s teachings and guidance from his childhood love, he earns the virtues needed to reclaim his home and throne.

“These timeless lessons are revealed and reflected through Black voices of today, now sitting in their own power,” according to the announcement. “Black is King is an affirmation of a grand purpose, with lush visuals that celebrate Black resilience and culture. The film highlights the beauty of tradition and Black excellence.”

Black is King, written, directed and executive produced by Beyoncé, will premiere globally on Disney Plus on July 31, 2020.

Edited by MrLovett

Trent W

Omg OTHERSIDE :jonny5:

This looks far better than Lemonade, I can’t wait one more day :jonny5:

phreshprince

Will the music be good or will it just be Beyonce trying to sound woke while appropriating African culture (who hasn’t even come to Africa for a concert)

Misguided Ghost

The trailer looks incredible :jonny5:

Can't wait for "Find You Way Back" getting its time to shine! 

Valentine

The synopsis has me shaking :jonny5:

the excellence we are about to receive!!

Lucyyyyyyyyy

The visuals look fantastic. I’m excited! 

Valentine
13 minutes ago, phreshprince said:

Will the music be good or will it just be Beyonce trying to sound woke while appropriating African culture (who hasn’t even come to Africa for a concert)

Stream The Gift now!

To continue the slayage, I recommend you also look up ‘Beyoncé live South Africa 2018‘ on YouTube. 

get your life sis :heart:

MrLovett
15 minutes ago, phreshprince said:

The music is fantastic and already released. Oh and for the record, Beyoncé has performed in Africa many times for concerts. Maybe spend some time doing some more research, aren't you recovering right now? You should have plenty of time. :coffee2:

phreshprince
2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

The music is fantastic and already released. Oh and for the record, Beyoncé has performed in Africa many times for concerts. Maybe spend some time doing some more research, aren't you recovering right now? You should have plenty of time. :coffee2:

Recovering from one? She continues to use African culture as “costumes” and profits off of it.

MrLovett
1 minute ago, phreshprince said:

Recovering from one? She continues to use African culture as “costumes” and profits off of it.

Pretty sure you announced you have COVID the other week.

Beyoncé doesn't use African culture as a costume, she delves deeply into the history and showcases its complexities and beauty. Hence why this project is created by masses of African creatives from all over the continent. Again, do some research and refrain from embarrassing yourself further.

Saint luv

NILE better have a MV in this :jonny2:

PrettyHurts
41 minutes ago, phreshprince said:

Her last full concert actually was in Africa in 2018 :skull:

*-ChriZ-*
52 minutes ago, phreshprince said:

Worry about Abel selling his soul as a tribute act to a Norwegian band in order to stay relevant and successful (just like he collaborated with Max Martin and Daft Punk only to be successful cause his RnB music was making barely any noise). Talk about hypocrisy smh.

Kisuke

oh wow queen serving the best visuals of this era and proving that no one is touching her.

2-F3-E925-D-6-AF9-48-BD-B7-B2-6-B159224-BD06.gif

12 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

Her last full concert actually was in Africa in 2018 :skull:

And for free for the girls.

giphy.webp

marsblyr

Looks amazing, hope its available in my country

MrLovett
5 minutes ago, marsblyr said:

Looks amazing, hope its available in my country

What country are you from?

JonginBey

The trailer starting off with Otherside :jonny:

The underwater scene :jonny5: I’m not ready!

marsblyr
30 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

What country are you from?

India, we have something called Disney+Hotstar but some of the content is not available sometimes :(

MrLovett
5 minutes ago, marsblyr said:

India, we have something called Disney+Hotstar but some of the content is not available sometimes :(

That's so annoying! Hopefully it'll be uploaded onto there so you can see it.

enchanted0

written, directed by Beyonce :jonny: 

phreshprince
1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Worry about Abel selling his soul as a tribute act to a Norwegian band in order to stay relevant and successful (just like he collaborated with Max Martin and Daft Punk only to be successful cause his RnB music was making barely any noise). Talk about hypocrisy smh.

Lol jealousy is a disease... get well soon

MrLovett
23 minutes ago, phreshprince said:

Lol jealousy is a disease... get well soon

giphy.gif

phreshprince
59 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

giphy.gif

You know I’ve been trying to not get any more WPs but I am THIS close to risking it all. 

OT: I will not be watching until Beyonce addresses why she uses African culture for costumes. 

MrLovett
6 minutes ago, phreshprince said:

I will not be watching until Beyonce addresses why she uses African culture for costumes. 

Sadly Beyoncé doesn't address nonsense made up by bitter delusionals. I guess you'll just have to stay mad! :cm:

phreshprince
2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Sadly Beyoncé doesn't address nonsense made up by bitter delusionals. I guess you'll just have to stay mad! :cm:

You're still not stating anything lol but ok