Safe&Sound

stuck with u vs Lover

Which single is  

106 members have voted

  1. 1. better?

    • stuck with u
      26
    • Lover
      78
  2. 2. BIGGER?

    • stuck with u
      35
    • Lover
      69


Recommended Posts

Safe&Sound
Posted (edited)

 

 

Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato Confirm Dalton Gomez, Max Ehrich RomancesLover Lover Lyric Video GIF - Lover LoverLyricVideo TaylorSwift ...

 

 

2 singles with 50s influenced production

Both spent 1 week inside Top 10 on Billboard Hot 100, and both peaked around Top 15 on Pop radio

Both lyrics also talk about the love of their lives, which single is better and bigger?

stuck with u or Lover (any versions)?

Edited by Safe&Sound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
genio

the #1 smash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
idkwiam

The one which was top 10 in the second week.:giraffe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Americana

Lover,sweetie.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holiest Dreams
11 minutes ago, Genio said:

the #1 smash

“Smash“ but it’s not going to move more units than #10 peaking single Lover and likely won’t outstream it either :giraffe:

 

OT: Lover for both 💀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sad Serenade

:rip:

Lover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
genio
1 minute ago, Holiest Dreams said:

“Smash“ but it’s not going to move more units than #10 peaking single Lover and likely won’t outstream it either :giraffe:

 

OT: Lover for both 💀

:skull: it's about to hit 200m streams in 2 months while Lover is at 280m streams (almost a 1 year old song), but sure keep thinking it won't outstream it :toofunny3: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kavish

charts discussion] HDD : Lover 200-250k digital   Similar ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yuta

Lover sweetheart :heart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slate

Stuck with U for both :heart2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gr33dy4Ari
59 minutes ago, Genio said:

:skull: it's about to hit 200m streams in 2 months while Lover is at 280m streams (almost a 1 year old song), but sure keep thinking it won't outstream it :toofunny3: 

This. It’s actually doing better than someone else’s very hyped lead single. Let’s not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EarthJang

Lover is much better, like :psyduck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valtersen
1 hour ago, Genio said:

:skull: it's about to hit 200m streams in 2 months while Lover is at 280m streams (almost a 1 year old song), but sure keep thinking it won't outstream it :toofunny3: 

drag them king :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SlaylorSwift

Lover (284m) is closer to 300m than SWU (172m) is closer to 200m. But haters just love to bring it down. Regardless, Lover (Remix+solo) version have a total 403m. The other song definitely can't relate after falling out of top10 after 1 week on the chart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bluebirdsforever

The universally acclaimed Grammy-nominated one (as opposed to the one with mediocre reviews that dropped out of the Top 10 in its second week) :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HolyYoursTruly
51 minutes ago, SlaylorSwift said:

Lover (284m) is closer to 300m than SWU (172m) is closer to 200m. 

What kind of fradulent comparison method is this? :deadbanana2: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HolyYoursTruly
9 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

The universally acclaimed Grammy-nominated one (as opposed to the one with mediocre reviews that dropped out of the Top 10 in its second week) :clap3:

Since y'all love to do this, SWU's first week points were way bigger than Lovers, hence it is the bigger song :clap3: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bluebirdsforever
Just now, HolyYoursTruly said:

Since y'all love to do this, SWU's first week points were way bigger than Lovers, hence it is the bigger song :clap3: 

Never said it was bigger or smaller, I was simply speaking about quality :clap3:
 

I love Ariana but stuck with u is... not a good song. It’s too reductive of its influences (including Lover - yes, they’re similar songs both musically and thematically) and isn’t interesting enough lyrically to make up for it. And that’s fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Post Malone

Lover sweetie

 

SlaylorSwift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
genio
41 minutes ago, HolyYoursTruly said:

What kind of fradulent comparison method is this? :deadbanana2: 

I literally SCREAMED :deadbanana:

 

1 hour ago, SlaylorSwift said:

Lover (284m) is closer to 300m than SWU (172m) is closer to 200m. But haters just love to bring it down. Regardless, Lover (Remix+solo) version have a total 403m. The other song definitely can't relate after falling out of top10 after 1 week on the chart. 

Can't relate yet it STILL is about to hit 200 million streams after 2 months and will most likely have it outstreamed in 4 months. 4 Months of what took Lover a year. At least make it accucate when you try and drag. 

 

Btw Lover (single) had

 

An Album release attached to it

A Remix with SHAWN MENDES

VMA PERFORMANCE

AMA PERFORMANCE

SNL PERFORMANCE

BBC PERFORMANCE

CAPITAL PERFORMANCE

iHeart RADIO PERFORMANCE

AMAZON PRIME DAY PERFORMANCE

LIVE AT MSG PERFORMANCE

JINGLE BALL PERFORMANCE

Elvin Duran Behind The Lyrics Story

A Music Video (Solo)

First Dance Music Video (Solo)

Lyrics Video (Solo)

Lyrics Video 2 (Remix)

Snow Globe Lyric Video (Remix)

Not the Single itself but still boosting its performance:

VINYL RELEASE OF LOVER (CD)

BUNDLES FOR LOVER (CD)

SIGNED CDs FOR LOVER

MULTIPLE CD EDITIONS OF LOVER (CD)

 

SWU had

Official Video

Dance Video

Mom's Video

Lyrics Video

Bundles

Signed CDs

 

all just in the first week

 

and SWU is about to outstream it 2 months within its release :toofunny3:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gr33dy4Ari
5 minutes ago, Genio said:

I literally SCREAMED :deadbanana:

 

Can't relate yet it STILL is about to hit 200 million streams after 2 months and will most likely have it outstreamed in 4 months. 4 Months of what took Lover a year. At least make it accucate when you try and drag. 

 

Btw Lover (single) had

 

An Album release attached to it

A Remix with SHAWN MENDES

VMA PERFORMANCE

AMA PERFORMANCE

SNL PERFORMANCE

BBC PERFORMANCE

CAPITAL PERFORMANCE

iHeart RADIO PERFORMANCE

AMAZON PRIME DAY PERFORMANCE

LIVE AT MSG PERFORMANCE

JINGLE BALL PERFORMANCE

Elvin Duran Behind The Lyrics Story

A Music Video (Solo)

First Dance Music Video (Solo)

Lyrics Video (Solo)

Lyrics Video 2 (Remix)

Snow Globe Lyric Video (Remix)

Not the Single itself but still boosting its performance:

VINYL RELEASE OF LOVER (CD)

BUNDLES FOR LOVER (CD)

SIGNED CDs FOR LOVER

MULTIPLE CD EDITIONS OF LOVER (CD)

 

SWU had

Official Video

Dance Video

Mom's Video

Lyrics Video

Bundles

Signed CDs

 

all just in the first week

 

and SWU is about to outstream it 2 months within its release :toofunny3:

 

Yikes!

 

looks like SWU is more organic after all! :gaycat5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzolorenzo

Lover is heavenly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
genio
1 hour ago, bluebirdsforever said:

I was simply speaking about quality :clap3:

The way you shamelessly lie in the same thread and same page :deadbanana: 

 

"that dropped out of the Top 10 in its second week"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robi

Lover is so overrated 

 

SWU wins it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artistofthedecade
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gr33dy4Ari said:

Yikes!

 

looks like SWU is more organic after all! :gaycat5:

Most organic single of all time ı would say... :clap3:

Screenshot-20200705-153700.jpg

Screenshot-20200705-153724.jpg

4 hours ago, Genio said:

I literally SCREAMED :deadbanana:

 

Can't relate yet it STILL is about to hit 200 million streams after 2 months and will most likely have it outstreamed in 4 months. 4 Months of what took Lover a year. At least make it accucate when you try and drag. 

 

Btw Lover (single) had

 

An Album release attached to it

A Remix with SHAWN MENDES

VMA PERFORMANCE

AMA PERFORMANCE

SNL PERFORMANCE

BBC PERFORMANCE

CAPITAL PERFORMANCE

iHeart RADIO PERFORMANCE

AMAZON PRIME DAY PERFORMANCE

LIVE AT MSG PERFORMANCE

JINGLE BALL PERFORMANCE

Elvin Duran Behind The Lyrics Story

A Music Video (Solo)

First Dance Music Video (Solo)

Lyrics Video (Solo)

Lyrics Video 2 (Remix)

Snow Globe Lyric Video (Remix)

Not the Single itself but still boosting its performance:

VINYL RELEASE OF LOVER (CD)

BUNDLES FOR LOVER (CD)

SIGNED CDs FOR LOVER

MULTIPLE CD EDITIONS OF LOVER (CD)

 

SWU had

Official Video

Dance Video

Mom's Video

Lyrics Video

Bundles

Signed CDs

 

all just in the first week

 

and SWU is about to outstream it 2 months within its release :toofunny3:

 

If it got 200 million in 2 months, it will got 1.2 Billion in 1 year... What type of logic is that? :ahh:

 

Also SWU is still in TTH after 2 months while Lover stayed like a week there :rip:

Lover has 405 million streams and Stuck with you won't stream it, doesn't matter how long it stays in TTH:sorry:

 

Also SWU actually had

Screenshot-20200705-153630.jpg

 

4 hours ago, HolyYoursTruly said:

Since y'all love to do this, SWU's first week points were way bigger than Lovers, hence it is the bigger song :clap3: 

Then Me! is bigger than any song by Ariana by same logic. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites