Chamoy

Survivor México | Season 1 | July 5

Recommended Posts

Klarth F
8 hours ago, Guy Next Door said:

Did I said how hot Duggan is? :heart2: 

I'm just perplexed about her beauty, grace and overall bad assery tbh. She just exudes awesomeoness. I want to be her friend LOL.

 

I half watched watched ep 3 yesterday. 3 hours per episode is just too long for these type of shows. We do NOT need to see every round of a game lord, specially since it is for a Chocolate or some crap.

 

I'm glad to see that Curvy is already trying to form an alliance with the girls. I didn't see the whole bit  because when I tuned in they were already discussing stuff but somehow Francsico thought they were talking about him being a misogynist? Also when the girls were discussing their plan, Alex being like like 5 ft away :rip: 

 

I'm guessing they are competing for the immunity idol today? Or maybe they'll  wait til Sunday for a Immunity Challenge/Elimination episode. Who knows. How long are they staying on the Island? I doubt they're gonna have them stay there for more than 30 days since this is more extreme than La Isla, but you never know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guy Next Door
4 hours ago, Klarth F said:

I'm just perplexed about her beauty, grace and overall bad assery tbh. She just exudes awesomeoness. I want to be her friend LOL.

 

I half watched watched ep 3 yesterday. 3 hours per episode is just too long for these type of shows. We do NOT need to see every round of a game lord, specially since it is for a Chocolate or some crap.

 

I'm glad to see that Curvy is already trying to form an alliance with the girls. I didn't see the whole bit  because when I tuned in they were already discussing stuff but somehow Francsico thought they were talking about him being a misogynist? Also when the girls were discussing their plan, Alex being like like 5 ft away :rip: 

 

I'm guessing they are competing for the immunity idol today? Or maybe they'll  wait til Sunday for a Immunity Challenge/Elimination episode. Who knows. How long are they staying on the Island? I doubt they're gonna have them stay there for more than 30 days since this is more extreme than La Isla, but you never know...

I think Duggan is an angel :heart2: Even her voice makes me feel alive. What a charisma!

 

I am thankful that I have something to watch. I just read Survivor USA 41 season will start filming not earlier than September (or later) :cries: I will fall in depression again. Why does it have to be Fiji? Can't they just film somewhere in USA?

 

Survivor 42 is planned to be filmed early 2021. Disaster! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chamoy

Last night was the best episode so far. It was nice to finally see some strategy talk. The green tribe wanting to keep Francisco around is insane. I figured Curvy would be in trouble, but Francisco has been struggling in every single challenge. The good thing is that there's still plenty of time for things to change. Why would Ximena H tell Curvy the plan to get her out? I live, either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chamoy

 

Both tribes playing for individual immunity? Make it make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stophittingmedad

are there any subbed episodes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chamoy
1 hour ago, stophittingmedad said:

are there any subbed episodes?

Not that I know of. I would do it but I don't know how. :\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chamoy
Posted (edited)

The Individual Immunity winner gets to automatically nominate someone for elimination if their tribe goes to Tribal Council. The Tribe Immunity challenge consists of two parts. If one tribe loses both parts, that tribe goes to Tribal Council. If one tribe wins the first part and the other tribe wins the second part, then both tribes go to Tribal Council. Then I guess the tribe(s) vote for which other player(s) they want to face off against whoever the II winner nominates. 

 

afxjV0f.gif

Edited by Chamoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stophittingmedad
47 minutes ago, Chamoy said:

Not that I know of. I would do it but I don't know how. :\

can u learn how so i can start watching 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guy Next Door
22 minutes ago, Chamoy said:

The Individual Immunity winner gets to automatically nominate someone for elimination if their tribe goes to Tribal Council. The Tribe Immunity challenge consists of two parts. If one tribe loses both parts, that tribe goes to Tribal Council. If one tribe wins the first part and the other tribe wins the second part, then both tribes go to Tribal Council. Then I guess the tribe(s) vote for which other player(s) they want to face off against whoever the II winner nominates. 

 

afxjV0f.gif

Because on Youtube they cut some parts, I heard only that Miguel will nominate one from his tribe, and the other will be nominated by Eduardo/Lalo? Or because yellow team won, Miguel will nominate two people, or he will nominate one + his tribemates another one? I am confused.

 

Francisco to Andrea on that challenge: Don’t be sad, you did better than me (and you still are going home haha) If it’s not sad, it would be funny :cries:

 

I am scared, Andrea has like 95% of the confessionals, I think they are preparing us for her to go home :!ohno:

 

I really really love yellow team. On the other hand, I really really can't stand the green tribe. Let me analize everybody from the best, to the worst.

 

1. Curvy - Amazing woman. Love her.

 

2. Andrea - Have love/hate relationship with her, sometimes she annoys me, but she is cute and I want her in the game. Really all the people called Andrea never have luck in Survivor :!ohno:

 

3. Bernadette - I hated her when she said Andrea's the weakest, but every other episode she is okay. I would love her if she sticks with the girls, but I am scared she's gonna choose the boys.

 

4. Alex - I always forget he is there. I remember him when they show him on the challenges. Have no idea what he thinks or what is his game plan. 

 

And then the people I can't stand:

 

- Hernandez - always crying, always something's wrong with her. I am tired. If she chooses the boys's side, I am done with her.

 

- Miguel - He is annoying, mean, and he thinks he is the most likable and goofy person on the entire world! He thinks of himself so high, and he gets so many confessionals, I am sick!

 

- Fharid - I don't understand how he is so big, but so weak in challenges. His whiny voice makes me mad. He reminds me of one person who tries to act all nice in front of people, but beats his wife. Maybe that's why I dislike him. Plus, the way he talked to Curvy, not a nice guy in my eyes.

 

- Francisco - The worst person on this season by far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chamoy

Yeah, the yellow tribe is great. This cast has a lot of potential but I'm worried the format is gonna ruin everything.

 

1 hour ago, Guy Next Door said:

Because on Youtube they cut some parts, I heard only that Miguel will nominate one from his tribe, and the other will be nominated by Eduardo/Lalo? Or because yellow team won, Miguel will nominate two people, or he will nominate one + his tribemates another one? I am confused.

Maybe I heard wrong, but that's how I understood it. Yellow tribe has to win another tribe immunity challenge to be safe.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guy Next Door
8 hours ago, Chamoy said:

Yeah, the yellow tribe is great. This cast has a lot of potential but I'm worried the format is gonna ruin everything.

 

Maybe I heard wrong, but that's how I understood it. Yellow tribe has to win another tribe immunity challenge to be safe.

No, I was asking for you to explain yourself, I didn't understood when the host explained, neither what you had written ... Never mind, we will see in Sunday. Do you have a link for a promo for next episode? Can't find anywhere.

 

People on Youtube make videos that biggest chances to be voted first are Curvy and Andrea (which is not surprising but...) I will hate that. They are the least deserving to go home first. But, Miguel having power ... it's not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stophittingmedad

has anyone whos watched this season watched australian survivor? how do they compare?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chamoy
5 hours ago, stophittingmedad said:

has anyone whos watched this season watched australian survivor? how do they compare?

They're pretty similar in some ways. Mexico seems to be using the Australian version as one of their main reference points. They both have a similar flashy, over the top editing style. I actually think Mexico's editing might be better? The show is basically being filmed/edited in real time, so there's no heavy handed winner's edit here. Australia does this weird thing where they like to repeat certain confessionals over and over. Mexico usually lets the conversations play out naturally without splicing and chopping the house down. 

 

The challenges on both versions are incredibly physical. They're more about sheer brute strength than anything else. People on social media are complaining that the show is too violent and that Mexico shouldn't be glorifying that sort of mess. Strategy wise, tho.... 

 

8 hours ago, Guy Next Door said:

Do you have a link for a promo for next episode? Can't find anywhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drama

Have the STILL not subbed this yet. wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guy Next Door
13 hours ago, stophittingmedad said:

has anyone whos watched this season watched australian survivor? how do they compare?

My opinion is that Survivor Mexico is better than Survivor Australia.

 

1. Hotter girls!

2. Better challenges

 

Plus, I think this host is better than the one that has Survivor Australia. At least this host doesn't offend anyone or do something which can do damage to someone's game (until now). Bonus plus, I love how the tribes respect each other and don't go "we are better than them, we are gonna ruin them" (which I had seen in Survivor USA and Survivor Australia). And the yellow tribe may be the best tribe in Survivor history!

 

7 hours ago, Chamoy said:

The challenges on both versions are incredibly physical. They're more about sheer brute strength than anything else. People on social media are complaining that the show is too violent and that Mexico shouldn't be glorifying that sort of mess. 

WHAT?! I hate Survivor fans, they always ruin everything. They want returning players, season with all winners, and now complain about the challenges? I was just gonna say that I loooooooove how good the challenges are (physical). I feel like the challenge with fighting for the pillow, fighting on that platform on the water to push the person from other tribe, that challenge when one person puts their arms and legs around pole and people from other tribe has to take them and bring them to the finish flag (all three are super physical and brutal) are my favorite. Am I a bad person? :!ohno: 

 

And thank you so much for the link, you are an angel :clap3: But watching it, I am more confused than I was before. Three people are gonna fight to not be the first one out? And yellow tribe being on tribal, isn't that a spoiler that they are gonna loose the second fight? 

 

I will go crazy if Curvy pulls out a Yuriko and goes against Fharid (Aristeo) and sends that arrogant creature home! :jamming:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guy Next Door

After last episode, Alex is my favorite person from the green tribe :clap3: I almost cried when he defended the girls from Francisco and Fharid.

 

Andrea was a mess, but I am so disappointed she went home (even tho the edit prepared us) :!ohno: 

 

OMG FHARID IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOONE! I am so happy :jamming:

 

On 10:12 Alex defending the girls :heart2:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Klarth F

YAS, Feminist King Alex came through! I always knew he was a good boy, glad to see this confirmed last night!

 

Overall, I liked the episode even though it dragged for a bit, I liked the challenges and there was enough drama. 

 

Fharid leaving was pretty obvious I thought, they were focusing a lot on him during the first hour of the show. Talking about him not having any weaknesses and stuff. I didn't think he'd leave because of an injury tho.

 

I was PRAYING for Francisco to flop at elimnation and leave. Bernadette not voting for him :biblio:

 

Ximena surprised me in a good way both in the mud game and the elimination challenge.

 

Based on the preview, it looks like one of the Yellow Team is going to the Green Team in place of Fharid which in my opinion is really unfair. But I don't know if bringing someone new as a replacement is good either... IDK what they should do. What happens on the American version of Survivor when something like this happens?

 

Either Lalo is going to the other team or he has to choose. If he has to choose (because he's crying in the preview) I think it's gonna be Isbo or Jero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chamoy

Alejandro :heart: He was amazing last episode. Survivor US men should take notes.

 

Curvy leaving that Tribal unscathed. :heart: I thought for sure she'd be one of the nominees.

 

I hate, hate, hate that the elims are decided through challenges, but oh well.

 

7 hours ago, Klarth F said:

Either Lalo is going to the other team or he has to choose. If he has to choose (because he's crying in the preview) I think it's gonna be Isbo or Jero.

Poor Isbo if he gets stuck with Miguel and Francisco. :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guy Next Door
7 hours ago, Klarth F said:

I was PRAYING for Francisco to flop at elimnation and leave. Bernadette not voting for him :biblio:

 

Based on the preview, it looks like one of the Yellow Team is going to the Green Team in place of Fharid which in my opinion is really unfair. But I don't know if bringing someone new as a replacement is good either... IDK what they should do. What happens on the American version of Survivor when something like this happens?

 

Either Lalo is going to the other team or he has to choose. If he has to choose (because he's crying in the preview) I think it's gonna be Isbo or Jero.

Who did Bernadette voted for? My first thought was that she, Curvy and Andrea voted for Francisco, Alex for Ximena and the others for Andrea. I can't find who voted for who anywhere :!ohno:

 

In Survivor US, exactly in Survivor: Kaoh Rong when Caleb was evacuated, nobody replaced him. Which is totally fair, that's tribe's luck, why would someone replace him? Doesn't make any sense. On the other hand, on Survivor: David vs Goliath, when Pat was evacuated (he was first out of the game) his tribe didn't go to tribal council (they lost the immunity challenge, but didn't go to tribal). So this is fine too, but what's this mess to take some member from the other tribe? If Isbo/Jero goes to green tribe, he risks to be voted out immediately. I don't like this twist. It would be better if they have the first tribe swap now, if the producers are worried about the green tribe.

 

Can you give me link from the promo for next episode? I tried on Twitter and Youtube, but can't find it.

50 minutes ago, Chamoy said:

I hate, hate, hate that the elims are decided through challenges, but oh well.

It's still better than Survivor: Redemption Island :jamming: 

 

You know what, think like this: we have pretty much good cast (except Miguel & Francisco), so I would prefer these horrible twists with good cast >>>> over a season like the merge from Survivor: Ghost Island (the first two episodes were kinda fun (especially Morgan's blindside)) with terrible cast. And let's not talk about Survivor: Game Changers and Survivor: Winners at War (the worst seasons from my view).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Klarth F
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Guy Next Door said:

Who did Bernadette voted for? My first thought was that she, Curvy and Andrea voted for Francisco, Alex for Ximena and the others for Andrea. I can't find who voted for who anywhere :!ohno:

 

In Survivor US, exactly in Survivor: Kaoh Rong when Caleb was evacuated, nobody replaced him. Which is totally fair, that's tribe's luck, why would someone replace him? Doesn't make any sense. On the other hand, on Survivor: David vs Goliath, when Pat was evacuated (he was first out of the game) his tribe didn't go to tribal council (they lost the immunity challenge, but didn't go to tribal). So this is fine too, but what's this mess to take some member from the other tribe? If Isbo/Jero goes to green tribe, he risks to be voted out immediately. I don't like this twist. It would be better if they have the first tribe swap now, if the producers are worried about the green tribe.

 

Can you give me link from the promo for next episode? I tried on Twitter and Youtube, but can't find it.

I looked for the promo as well but I couldn’t find it anywhere sorry :( but it basically showed (from what I remember):

- The tribes receiving a message about an emergency council & the show changing ~forever~

- A challenge involving lifting weights/sandbags, Lalo and Javier are shown struggling

- Lalo crying because something “is breaking his heart” at the emergency council

 

Bernadette was the one who voted for Ximena. They showed the votes near the end of the show (I think after Andrea was eliminated) but they went soo fast, I don’t remember who voted for who outside of her.

 

I was listening to a mexican showbiz podcast earlier and they brought up Survivor. One reporter was talking about how someone close to production told him in advance about Andrea and Fharid leaving (he didnt believe it at the time) but he was also told about the twist next episode:

Spoiler

They’re remixing all the teams, apparently :rip: which makes more sense than just moving one person

 I hope not because it is not fair tbh

Edited by Klarth F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cersei Lannister
Posted (edited)

I'm ****ing FUMING at eliminations being challenges, like, this is not ****ing Exatlón

 

afxjV0f.gif

 

Also Fharid not only getting medevac'd but being the FIRST person to leave  :deadbanana4: 

 

Whew, 2 weeks in and this show is already a trainwreck. But I'll probably keep watching (or at least the recaps) because I'm rooting for queen Curvy. :heart:

Edited by Cersei Lannister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guy Next Door
1 hour ago, Klarth F said:

I looked for the promo as well but I couldn’t find it anywhere sorry :( but it basically showed (from what I remember):

- The tribes receiving a message about an emergency council & the show changing ~forever~

- A challenge involving lifting weights/sandbags, Lalo and Javier are shown struggling

- Lalo crying because something “is breaking his heart” at the emergency council

 

Bernadette was the one who voted for Ximena. They showed the votes near the end of the show (I think after Andrea was eliminated) but they went soo fast, I don’t remember who voted for who outside of her.

 

I was listening to a mexican showbiz podcast earlier and they brought up Survivor. One reporter was talking about how someone close to production told him in advance about Andrea and Fharid leaving (he didnt believe it at the time) but he was also told about the twist next episode:

  Reveal hidden contents

They’re remixing all the teams, apparently :rip: which makes more sense than just moving one person

 I hope not because it is not fair tbh

So that means Andrea 100% voted for Francisco, I guess Curvy voted for him too, but who's the third one? Alex or Ximena? I am really curious about this one.

 

Yeees! I love tribe swaps :clap3:Aren't they so exciting? You never know who will end up with who and who will end up at the bottom. I mean, it makes sense, one girl and one boy is out, we already know all the characters, so why not? 

 

I am praying green tribe to be in minority in both of the new tribes. Hopefully, queens Duggan and Serrath will end up on the stronger tribe and be safe forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chamoy
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Guy Next Door said:

Can you give me link from the promo for next episode? I tried on Twitter and Youtube, but can't find it.

Alex and Bernadette's votes were shown in the preview. Alex voted with the girls. :heart:
 

 

Edited by Chamoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guy Next Door
3 hours ago, Chamoy said:
Alex and Bernadette's votes were shown in the preview. Alex voted with the girls. :heart:

Hernandez is truly the worst woman this season! To have that courage to vote for Andrea! I am sick. And I felt sorry when people in the comments on Youtube call her zombie and what not. Why does she hates girls so much?! 

 

I am scared, everything get's cancelled because of the situation and we won't have Survivor US until God knows when :cries: If Arturo says the bad news is that the show is ending because of the situation, I am gonna go crazy ... I don't see other reason why people are crying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guy Next Door

Survivor Mexico finally on Wikipedia :clap3:

 

I was shocked when I saw that Alex acted in telenovelas, and he had a role in CONTRA VIENTO Y MAREA? I watched that telenovela as a kid, it was popular in Europe, or at least in my country. Alex is the only one who has Wikipedia page.

 

Can someone explain me what means "efectividad final" and how do they make those %? For example, for Andrea it says 40 and Fharid 51, which doesn't make sense cause he was the weakest in challenges. How he has higher % than Andrea? And how it works those %? I see these % on Turkish Survivor too with title (Performance = %).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites