Chamoy

Survivor México | Season 1 | July 5

Chamoy

KGbAb2V.jpg

Survivor is heading south of the border as Mexican national broadcast television network Azteca Uno announces the first-ever season of Survivor México. While details are currently scarce, one promo does reference 16 participants and 2 tribes, the original format of the show. The series will be produced Acun Medya, the production company behind the Greek, Turkish, and Romanian editions of Survivor. It marks the first time the format has entered Latin America. The series will premiere at 8 pm on Sunday, July 5, on Azteca Uno and will be hosted by Mexican environmentalist Arturo Islas.

Dula Peep

Yas! Where will the location be? In Mexico? Canadian survivor better be coming next 

gerardsuxx

Not on NacAzteca 

Chamoy
47 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

Yas! Where will the location be? In Mexico? Canadian survivor better be coming next 

They're currently filming in the Dominican Republic. I'm not sure how long they've been there.

ceremonials
47 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

Canadian people can apply for US survivor though. I dont see why they'd separate them

Chamoy

Acun Medya is also responsible for Exatlon, so my expectations are low.

The promos ignoring the US version, ahh. :heart:

EOMM92
1 hour ago, gerardsuxx said:

Not on NacAzteca 

Honey didnt you get the memo?

That word will get you cancelled, truly the spanish N word!

bliaz

Asco

Dula Peep
1 hour ago, ceremonials said:

Canadian people can apply for US survivor though. I dont see why they'd separate them

It would be better for Canadians chances of getting on the show if they had their own version tho. 

Big Brother Can proved that it can be successful 

bliaz
6 minutes ago, EOMM92 said:

:dies:

tenor.gif?itemid=7954085

Cancel culture does not exist in México

EOMM92
1 minute ago, bliaz said:

:dies:

tenor.gif?itemid=7954085

Cancel culture does not exist in México

Gurl where u been?

Mauricio Clark, Vanessa Guzman, Ana de la reguera, chumel Torres, sergio goyri..

To name a few have all been cancelled lately for making comments either xenophobic or homophobic.

I agree that its just starting but its here sis.

bliaz
1 minute ago, EOMM92 said:

Gurl where u been?

Mauricio Clark, Vanessa Guzman, Ana de la reguera, chumel Torres, sergio goyri..

To name a few have all been cancelled lately for making comments either xenophobic or homophobic.

I agree that its just starting but its here sis.

Soon you'll see them on a telenovela (etc.), that thing here doesn't work. Most Mexicans don't care about such things and soon forget. 

Chamoy

Chamoy

@Klarth F Sis, where are you? I wanna hear your thoughts.

M1t34Ux.jpg

gerardsuxx
On 7/2/2020 at 1:13 PM, EOMM92 said:

nope, thats priet* tho

Chamoy
Posted (edited)

X54ldrU.png

This guy from the green tribe looks like rugby daddy Fharid Sámano, pretty sure it's him.

Edited by Chamoy

Klarth F
On 7/3/2020 at 8:46 AM, Chamoy said:

@Klarth F Sis, where are you? I wanna hear your thoughts.

M1t34Ux.jpg

Hi! :giraffe:

Well... back when they announced it I got really excited because even if I'm not a Survivor super fan (I've only watched S1, S6 and S17) I know the show is really high quality and having it happen just once a week would be amazing. My problem with past shows from Acun Medya is the amount of bloat they have. Having Exalton last like 8 months, 4 times a week 3 hours a day is way too much (I didn't even watch last season). And even though I love La Isla, I always found the editing of the games really poor and overtly long.

And hearing that Survivor is going to be more La Isla like with famous people and airing multiple times a week is not giving me a lot of hope for the product to be better. I was hoping it would be its own thing. Having it on air so close while they're still filming doesn't give me any confidence either, they do not have proper time to edit everything like they should.... *sigh*

I'm still gonna watch it tho... I'm curious to see if they can pull it off.

Chamoy
7 hours ago, Klarth F said:

Hi! :giraffe:

Well... back when they announced it I got really excited because even if I'm not a Survivor super fan (I've only watched S1, S6 and S17) I know the show is really high quality and having it happen just once a week would be amazing. My problem with past shows from Acun Medya is the amount of bloat they have. Having Exalton last like 8 months, 4 times a week 3 hours a day is way too much (I didn't even watch last season). And even though I love La Isla, I always found the editing of the games really poor and overtly long.

And hearing that Survivor is going to be more La Isla like with famous people and airing multiple times a week is not giving me a lot of hope for the product to be better. I was hoping it would be its own thing. Having it on air so close while they're still filming doesn't give me any confidence either, they do not have proper time to edit everything like they should.... *sigh*

I'm still gonna watch it tho... I'm curious to see if they can pull it off.

Hey, luv! :heart: Yeah... my excitement died a little when I read that Acun Medya was producing it. I'm not surprised that they're taking inspiration from Australian Survivor. That version leans more heavily towards physical strength. I'm assuming Survivor Mexico will be the same. I've never watched Turkish Survivor but, from what I've read, it's basically Exatlon 2.0 and the public gets to decide who goes home. I hope they're listening to the fans telling them that they want the players to vote each other out like the US version. 

Klarth F

Oh no, I've always hated on competitive reality shows when the fate of the players are left to the public D: 

Since they changed between Exatlon seasons, they might do the right thing.

Also, I just saw this new promo for the show:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCPPmaoh7X5/

Is that Alex Sirvent? I thik the guy with the hat is Isbo from La Academia :rip:

Chamoy

Isbo's the one that made headlines for being gay, right? His IG is giving me big power bottom energy.

Chamoy

Wait. Alex is gorgeous. Imagine how island hot he's going to get after a few weeks.

Chamoy

These bops, these looks. This is now an Alejandro Mariano Sirvent Barton stan account.

mrVTbn9.jpg

Guy Next Door
On 7/2/2020 at 6:09 PM, Chamoy said:

KGbAb2V.jpg

Okay, will you be nice enough to give this poor person a link to watch it? Please be a good person once again ...

Chamoy
6 hours ago, Guy Next Door said:

Okay, will you be nice enough to give this poor person a link to watch it? Please be a good person once again ...

Yes, of course. Lemme check if there's an official Youtube channel.

Klarth F
15 hours ago, Chamoy said:

Isbo's the one that made headlines for being gay, right? His IG is giving me big power bottom energy.

Yes, he's gay but he denied back in 2018 (I think?) when he competed on La Academia. He did get into some controversy because he allegedly had an affair (previous to him being on the show) with Horacio Villalobos, a judge on the show.

Also, he's on a VERY gay group called "Malakings"...

Spoiler

That being said, I'm not 100% sure is him but it looks like it on that promo, hat and all. I actually have seen Isbo in person before more than once, he goes to a gym near where I work and I used to bump into him when I went out to get lunch lol

14 hours ago, Chamoy said:

Wait. Alex is gorgeous. Imagine how island hot he's going to get after a few weeks.

He is. True mexican beauty. He seems to have a nice personality as well from what I've seen.

7 hours ago, Guy Next Door said:

Tv Azteca has a official live stream for this (you need to have adblock deactivated or otherwise it won't work) they also tend to upload the episodes on their site as well. I don't know if it is region blocked tho.