Sign in to follow this  
frenchyisback

Progressives Keep Losing: CHANGE THAT !

Recommended Posts

frenchyisback
Posted (edited)

Progressives keep losing every state (CO, KY) & national (Presidential) primaries. They have failed to win anything other a few primaries than deep blue district.

 

WHY?
There are 2 types of churches: the types that seek to convert non-believers and the type that prefer to burn heretic. Progressives have been burning heretics for a while now.

They attack viciously & personally democrats who agree with them on 80% of issues because they could not get them to agree on that extra 20%. 

Politics is a game of ADDITION. You can't attack the democratic politicians (the establishment), the democratic fundraising base (the corrupts) & the democratic foot soldiers (the machine) & then expect to get 51%.

 

WHAT PROGRESSIVE SHOULD DO:

 

  • Build bridges: Don't make enemies of people you can easily claim and turn into allies. Instead of ranting about how Obama sucked you because he did not push medical for all; maybe you should congratulate him in pushing healthcare forward and say you will finish the job he started. (You ain't winning the black vote by trashing Obama. #FACT
  • Stop Invoking Europe: I know it's hard for ATRL to understand, but most Americans just don't look up to Europe. We just think we're better (not all but most). It sucks. It's arrogance. But is is what we've been told and thought everyday in this country. Europe is usually used in politics to make someone look bad (i.e "John Kerry look french"- type GOP attack) Instead of talking about Scandinavia, focus on aligning yourself with the American progressive heroes: Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, LBJ.
  • Drop the Socialist label: Drop the word, keep the policies. Our presidents & media have spent 70 years scaring the life out of us with that word. The younger generation ain't scared of it but old people vote much more and they are terrified. Give it another 3 presidential cycle (12 years) before you can campaign on that word. 

 

Edited by frenchyisback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
that G.U.Y.

The DNC is unbeatable 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer

The OP spilled. Progressives are too busy fighting each other off instead of coming together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jan

The Democratic Party has been counting on: young people, minorities (especially Black people), LGBTQ+ and young people in general.

 

So far this strategy hasn’t worked for them. Perhaps it’s time to expand the voter base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madame X

enacting progressive change thru elections solely is pretty much a dead end, tho i think u should vote for and support a progressive politician if theyre up for election.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brishka

You already have AOC. Unfortunately, she defeated MCC in a recent primary. Not enough? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Monster Megamind

On the contrary, I think the real test on progressives begins, the minute Biden is elected. 2022 midterms is going to be lit... I want the progressives to primary each and every oldie establishment Dem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar
3 minutes ago, Brishka said:

You already have AOC. Unfortunately, she defeated MCC in a recent primary. Not enough? 

Why unfortunately? :rip: AOC actually part takes in her district. Unlike other representatives. She’s well loved here. I’m glad I voted for her again :heart2:

 

MCC is funded by Wall Street. Who was a registered Republican, used to live in Trump Tower. Until suddenly she moved to Queens to run in AOC’s district. Despite all the millions on funding on her side. No one in the district even knew her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sergi91

Completely agree with what the OP said.

Here’s a visual representation of people attacking those who are on their side INSTEAD of attacking those who aren’t. :rip:


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frenchyisback
25 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

On the contrary, I think the real test on progressives begins, the minute Biden is elected. 2022 midterms is going to be lit... I want the progressives to primary each and every oldie establishment Dem.

2022 will be a rerun of '16 & 20 if progressives can't find a way to make peace with Obama s legacy.

 

Y'all ignored our warnings twice and got crushed twice in the South.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Monster Megamind
2 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

2022 will be a rerun of '16 & 20 if progressives can't find a way to make peace with Obama s legacy.

 

Y'all ignored our warnings twice and got crushed twice in the South.

I think a progressive insurgency is necessary to keep the establishment on it's toes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brishka
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Why unfortunately? :rip: AOC actually part takes in her district. Unlike other representatives. She’s well loved here. I’m glad I voted for her again :heart2:

 

MCC is funded by Wall Street. Who was a registered Republican, used to live in Trump Tower. Until suddenly she moved to Queens to run in AOC’s district. Despite all the millions on funding on her side. No one in the district even knew her.

Well, I knew her many years before she even ran. She's a LEGEND. An incredibly intelligent and sharp woman who was one of the greatest financial reporters of her time. 

 

 

This is exactly who America needs, not a bartender who cannot tell Keynes from Friedman. 

 

I was so glad when she announced her nomination, but I wasn't delusional enough to think that she would win. 

 

Edited by Brishka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar
40 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Well, I knew her many years before she even ran. She's a LEGEND. An incredibly intelligent and sharp woman who was one of the greatest financial reporters of her time. 

 

 

This is exactly who America needs, not a bartender who cannot tell Keynes from Friedman. 

 

I was so glad when she announced her nomination, but I wasn't delusional enough to think that she would win. 

 

A legend? :ahh: 

 

AOC is exactly what America needs. Someone who actually advocates and has the best interest of the WORKING class.

Not someone who is funded by Wall Street. Her issues weren't even clear, other than the fact that she wanted to defeat AOC.

If she was as smart as you say she is, she would've moved to another district. Not one that clearly shares the same views as the one elected. 

 

The fact that you had the audacity to use the fact that she was a bartender prior, if anything we need more working class people in office. Not rich people, who have no interest for the American people.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stophittingmedad

true but we did get a few. also a lot of this voting happened at either before or around the same time as covid and BLM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaguarqueef
12 minutes ago, stophittingmedad said:

true but we did get a few. also a lot of this voting happened at either before or around the same time as covid and BLM. 

Progressives are starting to win in traditionally democrat machine cities like NYC and Chicago.

 

My district flipped their representative from an anti abortion, anti ACÁ Democrat to a progressive.

 

Charles Booker did amazing in a staunch republican state.

 

The worse this downfall of the US gets, the more traction progressives will get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stophittingmedad
1 minute ago, Jaguarqueef said:

Progressives are starting to win in traditionally democrat machine cities like NYC and Chicago.

 

My district flipped their representative from an anti abortion, anti ACÁ Democrat to a progressive.

 

Charles Booker did amazing in a staunch republican state.

 

The worse this downfall of the US gets, the more traction progressives will get.

exactly. i think that covid and BLM have radicalized some people. and the bigger mess that trump continues to make (with dems allowing it to happen) the more people see how broken our system is. if covid and blm happened a month earlier i think booker would have won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chemist

The whole OP is cringy af but the "drop the socialist label" is idiotic.

 

Liberals and leftists DO NOT care to be called socialists. The president and the GOP call Joe freaking Biden and Nancy pelosi socialists for christ's sake

 

That label doesn't affect anyone anymore :rip:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chemist
1 hour ago, Brishka said:

She's a LEGEND.

An completely clueless of what her constituents wanted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frenchyisback
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Chemist said:

The whole OP is cringy af but the "drop the socialist label" is idiotic.

 

Liberals and leftists DO NOT care to be called socialists. The president and the GOP call Joe freaking Biden and Nancy pelosi socialists for christ's sake

 

That label doesn't affect anyone anymore :rip:

 

  • Did you miss the entire negative media campaign against Sanders heading into South Carolina? He was stuck talking about Castro, Maduro for an entire week. You must be one of those youngins I said don't care about that label. But older voters do and that's why yall got WIPED OUT with them
  • If your goal is to only get liberal & leftist votes. Go ahead and enjoy your permanent minority status. If your goal is to actually win election that matters some day... then you'll reconsider.
  • I still love your avatar tho' :clap3:

 

 

Edited by frenchyisback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shookspeare

frenchyisback serves the TRUTH once again :clap3: i've always considered myself to be left-leaning but with how annoying leftists have been in the last few years attacking pretty much anyone and everyone, it's kind of pushed me a little in the opposite direction :cm: I would still probably vote democrat but that is very much in spite of the progressives' narrative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this