Sign in to follow this  
Roman Holiday

70s aesthetic making a comeback in the 2020s?

Recommended Posts

Roman Holiday
Posted (edited)

As we all know, the 10s decade was DRENCHED in 80s/90s nostalgia. I feel like that's over and 70s disco nostalgia is coming back around. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've also notice men's fashion is going back to the style of 70s. Short shorts and tight pants :gaycat1:

 

f675a457620009daf45862cf07aa7258.png

 

 

I know most people consider the burnt earth tones pallet of the 70s to be ugly, but I personally love it!

 

OIP.UsUsbK5mHMGhCuRSBIuxtgHaIz?pid=Api&r

Edited by Roman Holiday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar

yeah i’ve seen more 70s/80s clothing out

 

i love pleated pants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slate

Here for it

 

Roman Holiday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dreampop

yes CRJ started it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike91

I'd say it's more of the disco era specific aesthetic (which went into the early 80's as well) rather than just 70's overall.

 

However, anything's better than a 2000's aesthetic revival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer

I hope not. When I see pictures of people, especially men, from the 70s, I'm disgusted at how tragic they all made themselves look :deadbanana4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar
4 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

I'd say it's more of the disco era specific aesthetic (which went into the early 80's as well) rather than just 70's overall.

 

However, anything's better than a 2000's aesthetic revival.

only ig thots tried to revive the 2000s. fortunately the clothes were so ugly so it’ll probably never come back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roonex

Gucci has been doing a 70’s revival since 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gotportugal

I agree

 

Caesar

 

 

2000s revival will be post 2025

 

Caesar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman Holiday
4 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I hope not. When I see pictures of people, especially men, from the 70s, I'm disgusted at how tragic they all made themselves look :deadbanana4:

I love 70s mens fashion! The high-waisted pants and plaid suits are dope imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman Holiday
9 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

I'd say it's more of the disco era specific aesthetic (which went into the early 80's as well) rather than just 70's overall.

 

However, anything's better than a 2000's aesthetic revival.

 

4 minutes ago, Caesar said:

only ig thots tried to revive the 2000s. fortunately the clothes were so ugly so it’ll probably never come back

It still feels too soon for 00s nostalgia. We've seen some of it (Motivation, TUN, 1999) but I don't think it will really hit it's peak until late 20s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer
1 minute ago, Roman Holiday said:

I love 70s mens fashion! The high-waisted pants and plaid suits are dope imo. 

I dunno, they look so out of place to me, I could never date a guy with that aesthetic :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman Holiday
5 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I dunno, they look so out of place to me, I could never date a guy with that aesthetic :skull:

Not the best example since's he's playing Ted Bundy, but I think these types of looks are cute:

 

kil3d7mzai241.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DAP

Hopefully bell bottoms aren’t among the resurgent trends because they’re ugly.

 

y8SmbUu.gif 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elite Four Brad

yes, they're coming back. I mean gaga had disco intertwined throughout all of her album, especially with Rain On Me in the prechorus

 

y8SmbUu.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike91
19 minutes ago, Roonex said:

Gucci has been doing a 70’s revival since 2016.

I mean hipster/boho fashion was basically a rehash of the late 60's/early 70's and that was very popular last decade so the 70's have kinda been back for awhile now.

 

Also, fashion revivals occur around every 20 years so disco era fashion coming back now makes sense since it was also revived back in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C SLAYCLAIR

Natalia Kills did it first  pic is from 2015

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman Holiday
26 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

I mean hipster/boho fashion was basically a rehash of the late 60's/early 70's and that was very popular last decade so the 70's have kinda been back for awhile now.

 

Also, fashion revivals occur around every 20 years so disco era fashion coming back now makes sense since it was also revived back in the late 90's/early 2000's.

That’s true. I guess I should have specified Disco/Funk aesthetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DAP
1 hour ago, Mike91 said:

However, anything's better than a 2000's aesthetic revival.

Too late. Chunky highlights are already coming back.

 

y8SmbUu.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
britkneepopboi

yup, I can see it happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this