Coklek92

Putin may extend his presidency till 2036

Coklek92

King :giraffe:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/07/russia-vote-extend-putin-rule-2036-enters-final-day-200701054511320.html

Putin is all but guaranteed to get the result he wants following a massive campaign to get Russia's voters to say "yes" to the changes.

The amendments, which also emphasise the priority of Russian law over international norms, outlaw same-sex marriages and mention "a belief in God" as a core value, quickly sailed through the Kremlin-controlled parliament.

idkwiam

As he should.:jonny5:

KillingYourCareer

As far as I know many young Russians are very well aware of the levels of corruption in the country and against this change, even though they know they couldn't do much about it since the vote was going to get rigged anyway. I guess nothing will change in Russia for a while - the rich will get richer, the poor will stay poor, funding will only go towards Moscow/Moscow Oblast while the rest of the country is left to rot :michael:

lepetitmonstr

A NIGHTMARE:clap3:

One pandemic at a time pls

Brishka
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

As far as I know many young Russians are very well aware of the levels of corruption in the country and against this change, even though they know they couldn't do much about it since the vote was going to get rigged anyway. I guess nothing will change in Russia for a while - the rich will get richer, the poor will stay poor, funding will only go towards Moscow/Moscow Oblast while the rest of the country is left to rot :michael:

Putin won just 47 percent of the vote in Moscow during the 2012 elections, which is the main bastion of his opposition along with St. Petersburg. The two capitals tend to be more open-minded and enjoy much higher standards of living.    

The rest of the country vehemently supports Putin.  Kabardino-Balkaria led the way in 2018, with 92-percent turnout and 93 percent of those votes going to Putin. The region unseated the country’s traditionally most eager Putin supporters: Chechnya (where turnout and votes for Putin were both 91.5 percent). 

They deserve to rot:sorry: 

Edited by Brishka

Brando

I mean with all the advances in science in the anti-aging sphere, I don't think Russia will ever see another president. 

Brishka
Posted (edited)

Not surprised that Chechnya had the highest turnout this time around. 

Edited by Brishka

beyonceknowles

mess

Blue Jeans

Ewww

At least young people in Moscow and St.P are waking up now that internet allows people to see other viewpoints and get politically educated. The rest are brainwashed through zombie TV and Perviy Kanal channel

:sadviolin:

KillingYourCareer
27 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Putin won just 47 percent of the vote in Moscow during the 2012 elections, which is the main bastion of his opposition along with St. Petersburg. The two capitals tend to be more open-minded and enjoy much higher standards of living.    

The rest of the country vehemently supports Putin.  Kabardino-Balkaria led the way in 2018, with 92-percent turnout and 93 percent of those votes going to Putin. The region unseated the country’s traditionally most eager Putin supporters: Chechnya (where turnout and votes for Putin were both 91.5 percent). 

Yeah, well, the southern republics are to Russians what the southern states are to Americans :toofunny2:

MayorOfTrollTown

Tragic

aLMP9nl.gif

Marianah Adkins

Sad but not surprised. Russia never really had a stable experience with democracy, authoritarianism is the only governance style they know (im talking biut the majority, obv not the educated youth). The same experience applies to China as well

Mariano

Yikes. 

Revolution

hope he dies before then!

Departure

Gays lost. Heterosexual Christian Bigots won.

Pikachoo

The Vegas residency girls could never!

but seriously what a nightmare. but the next generation will rise up

Oxy

Baba Vanga says no.

Buddy
3 hours ago, Brishka said:

Are elections in Russia even real? Because I've witnessed many young Russians claim the contrary :rip: 

Anyway -- even if Putin was succeeded by someone else, that person would more than likely be working for him behind the scenes, so does it really matter? The corruption in Russia runs so deep I can't see anything changing there unless there is revolution, sadly. Same can be said in the US, albeit to a lesser extent. 

Mr.Fenty

well, it's over

greeneyedsoul

Outdated & corny sings to represent Russia for another 15 years. 

aLMP9nl.gif