ariananext

Do you like the town/city you live in?

ariananext

where do you live? would you like to live somewhere else or do you like it?

my town is pretty small but there are quite a lot of inhabitants (17 km2 and 65/70.000 inhabitants :deadbanana4:) and sometimes we get really sad because there are some ****ty people here that ruin our town, which is naturally beautiful, i've been to the mountains yesterday and to the beach two days ago and their are only a few steps apart, the landscapes are great and it's also quite chaotic (for a small town) without it being overwhelming like a big city. I live near Positano, Amalfi, Capri, Pompei, Naples etc in the south of italy

wby? let's find some cute towns to travel to in the future :gaycat4:

ariananext

idk why i posted this in the base, can someone move it to the lounge? :rip:

idkwiam

Yes Italy, Yes culture.

Maleficent

yeah, i like it here. it's relatively busy (by new zealand standards lol) without being overwhelming + it's quite pretty

Mark Rih

I live in Italy too, north east area. My town has around 80K inhabitants, it's cute and well organized; beaches, mountains, lakes, historic cities like Venice, Bologna, Milan are only a few hours away. I really like where I live :heart2:

KillingYourCareer

Yes, I live where Call Me by Your Name was shot. Lovely area, very calm and rural, as I like it.

ariananext
19 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Yes, I live where Call Me by Your Name was shot. Lovely area, very calm and rural, as I like it.

:jonny6:

Heldenzeit

Yes. Munich is STUNNING. :smitten:

Outlaws

I live in Budapest and I love this city. Still find it the most beautiful city I've been to so far  :heart2:

Gesamtkunstwerk

No, I live in a rural area by a small town, and I love to live in a big city, so I'm probably moving soon. 

It's too quiet out here and there's no street lights, I find it a bit scary when I sleep tbh :deadbanana4:

commander

Nope. I'd love to live in a small rural area by the sea 

Enzolorenzo

I’m from a town pretty close to Milan and I absolutely hate it there (that’s why I always hang out in Milan). Right now I’m in Sydney and I love it here 

B'Day

I love living in London. You never get bored, there’s a place for everyone — there’s so much of this city to explore. My main complaints are in regards to the expensive cost of living (housing, transport... everything) but it’s a great city. Couldn’t ask for more. 

AvrilLaQueen

no, hence why I stream "Too Afraid" by Marina a lot

zwjQTiT.gif

Gabriel Florin

No, my city is a nightmare. Dangerous crazy people everywhere, garbage everywhere, nasty smell, barely any places to visit or hangout, damaged roads.

Oxygen

I live in Sydney, and I love living here. 

Oktober Knight

The only city I enjoyed living in was Tampa, Florida but the weather was unbearable in the summer and traffic was getting insane. 

I wish I could move to Portland, Oregon. Now THAT'S a terrific city! 

Robert
Posted (edited)

It's a good city. It's very multi-cultural, has a good nightlife especially the gay scene, is usually vibrant, has lots of job opportunities and despite being kinda ugly it does have some pretty areas if you know where to look. It's also still affordable especially compared to London. It is quite small though, always rains and lacks green spaces so I am starting to get bored of it. 

Edited by Robert

butterflymimi

Where I lived for 4 years for uni I really LOVED but I hate my hometown even more now. Me and my bf are saving to move out of here though so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

chiliam

I live in Saigon-Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam my whole life.

My city is a mess and overcrowded with like 10 millions people and all have a motorbike.

Anyway i love it, the vibe, the food, nightlife,.... For worst, for best, Its very unique 

Juanny

Yes Vancouver, it’s one of thre most beautiful and peaceful cities to live in the world

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
On 7/1/2020 at 2:47 PM, Oxygen said:

I live in Sydney, and I love living here. 

What is ‘Sydney’ like?

Is it racially/ethnically/culturally diverse, outside of the large East/South-East Asian population there? 

I’ve often read/heard stories of Australians being rather “insular” when it comes to foreigners and particularly Black people and even less inviting than New Zealanders. I know Australia doesn’t even have a large Black demographic in the first place, discounting the Aboriginals (skin tone wise).

By all means I’m judging and I’m cultured and travelled enough to discern for myself, and it’s probably just a massive generalisation (I’m British and we often hear stories about how the ‘Aussies’ are), but I’d like to visit one day soon. One of my moms closest work friends is Australian and has recently moved back - she lives in the Northern Territory; we got along really well and she’d like for me to go out there and stay with her post-Covoid 19. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto