MingYouToo

Will Ariana not be affected by ageism this decade?

MingYouToo

I think there's a lot of truth with the whole 'sHe lOoKs lIkE sHeS 17!!!!' comments.

they used to be drags but honestly i think they'll help her in the long run. radio is ageist as hell and when ariana is 35 but still looking like a 21 year old they'll still think she's 'in' with the new crop of girls coming this decade :rip:

Oxygen

Of course. Never understood when people would try to drag about how young she looks - it will give her longevity in her career. 

ryoncé

yes bc she can still be a full on pop star until she is like 50 but serving 27

idkwiam

The ethereal queen.

:jonny5:

Roman Holiday

Every women in pop deals with ageism unfortunately. Once she’s 30 she will automatically be perceived as a “veteran” and no longer one of the hot young ingenues, even if she does still look 20. 

However, I think she’ll have an easy transition. Her music will become more adult RnB which will probably make her lose some of her audience, but I see her trying other things. I know she’s gotta be dying to be involved in theater. 

lilMonsterKayla

Ageism is a natural byproduct when more than half of your lyrics/identity revolve around sex.

HANZ94

yes, no one can escape that but she has the advantage of looking forever young so who knows

Rebible
Posted (edited)

youre in for a rude awakening if you actually think this :ahh:

Edited by Rebible

beyonceknowles

the gp is trash 

who cares what they think 

i will support ari's art regardless of the sales so i dont care 

Sad Serenade

At certain point yes, but probably very far from now. She: looking younger + commercial songs + good payola= radio will play her for a long(er) time.

The Second Coming

No matter how big she is nowadays she will suffer it eventually like everyone else, specially if she fails to reinvent herself and keeps the innocent, sexualized Lolita look and sound. 

Marianah Adkins

Everyone will struggle at ageism at one point (In Ari's case, it will become eminent come the mid 2020s). The challenge now is how to keep yourself afloat once that wall hits.

ariananext

other than this, she still has r&b, theater, and the vocalist route left. i hope she does other things at some point

Totami Legend

Many pop stars looked 20 in their 30 but were affected by ageism anyway.

The industry It's just a big fat ass mess.

Saintlor

If she wasn’t a child star, she could’ve easily lied about her age to give her career more longevity 

AvrilLaQueen

if she loses touch with having ear for hits

I think she can be successful in her 30s if she drops the repetitive sex songs for more mature music like Whitney Houston's 80s and 90s albums to show off her vocal talents more and gain respect instead of being labelled as "desperate" by making 7 rings type songs

gr33dy4Ari
2 hours ago, Totami Legend said:

Many pop stars looked 20 in their 30 but were affected by ageism anyway.

The industry It's just a big fat ass mess.

This is true but the thing about Ariana is that “youth” seems to be incorporated in her brand. She’s 7 years in her career and still a lot of people think she’s peers with Billie and other younger pop girls. Some of them are even shocked with their age gap. :eli:

Perhaps, it really helped that she wasn’t as huge as she is now earlier in her career. She’s become a bigger celebrity with Thank U Next being able to captivate new fans not only in the US but around the world. 

I dont see her star fading in 5 years or so. But at the end of the day,  TIME will always be the ultimate truth-teller. :party:

Totami Legend
24 minutes ago, gr33dy4Ari said:

This is true but the thing about Ariana is that “youth” seems to be incorporated in her brand. She’s 7 years in her career and still a lot of people think she’s peers with Billie and other younger pop girls. Some of them are even shocked with their age gap. :eli:

Perhaps, it really helped that she wasn’t as huge as she is now earlier in her career. She’s become a bigger celebrity with Thank U Next being able to captivate new fans not only in the US but around the world. 

I dont see her star fading in 5 years or so. But at the end of the day,  TIME will always be the ultimate truth-teller. :party:

I guess you're right, having a peak with the 5th album could be a sign that she's not going anywhere for the next few years.

SignificantOther

Female pop-stars hit the age wall at 35. Male pop-stars at 40. She still has a small decade ahead of her. 

raven

She still has time before it really starts to hit but the fact that she's captured such a wide streaming audience, has a good relationship with radio/the industry, and looks younger will def help her