BreatheGaga

The US could see 100,000 COVID-19 infections daily

BreatheGaga
Posted (edited)

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, testified that the U.S. could start seeing up to 100,000 infections each day

There are currently about 40,000 infections each day

But he warned Americans weren't practicing sufficient social distancing

U.S. infection rates have spiked even as other nations saw theirs go down 

'I think it's important to tell you and the American public that I'm very concerned because it could get very bad,' he testified Tuesday 

COVID-19 cases across the US increased by 46 percent in the week ending June 28, compared to the previous seven days, with the majority of rises in the West and South

Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, the HELP Committee chairman, urged the president to wear a mask as an example

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders quizzed health experts on the idea of having the government distribute masks to every U.S. household 

Dr. Tony Fauci responded there was 'no doubt that wearing masks protects you and gets you to be protected'

Fauci and other experts testified before the Senate committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8475795/Dr-Fauci-predicts-America-new-100-000-coronavirus-cases-DAY-compared-40-000-now.html

Edited by BreatheGaga

feuxtography

could start seeing up to 100,000 infections each day

headline culture at it again :deadbanana2:

not saying this wont inevitably happen though, as the US is tragic, and half still believe its a made up hoax to elect biden :skull:

Trent W

I can’t believe that some of what we call “developing” countries are doing so much better than the US in this pandemic.

The US might be rich but it really is a 3rd world country tbh.

SpaceMan

the pandemic really exposes how entitled, selfish and stupid Americans are, ain't you guys supposed to have the best education system in the world? :skull:

americanlife

Not true. They’re just saying this so they can scare people into taking the virus seriously.

DatChickDoe
4 minutes ago, SpaceMan said:

the pandemic really exposes how entitled, selfish and stupid Americans are, ain't you guys supposed to have the best education system in the world? :skull:

To be honest I’m embarrassed about a lot of my fellow Americans 

2 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Not true. They’re just saying this so they can scare people into taking the virus seriously.

Please respond with your Doctorate in Medicine. If not he has more medical street cred than you. I’m literally done with people pretending to hold a medical degree 

KillingYourCareer

USA:

LXLKHZE.png

Any other developed country:

3MRZ7XH.png

I think they have a general mentality problem that's bigger than the virus. :rip:

SupahBass05

They said we would reach 3k daily deaths in June and here we are trending downwards? 

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-deaths-per-million-7-day-average

Do people actually think (detected) cases will ever go to 0 without a vaccine? :toofunny3: Even with, that won’t be the case. We’re living with this virus unless a miracle happens :toofunny3:

Infinite
Posted (edited)

Thats sad take care and stay safe guys wear always a mask

Edited by Infinite

Yog
42 minutes ago, SpaceMan said:

And despite that, my country is rather tragic 

SpaceMan
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, DatChickDoe said:

To be honest I’m embarrassed about a lot of my fellow Americans 

trump administration is killing thousands of people with their incompetency and americans still don't wake the **** up :skull: 

US is no angel but china really plays you guys big time, the world is ****ed :skull:

1 minute ago, Yog said:

And despite that, my country is rather tragic 

chinese students are gaining the most from american's education nowadays, sad

Edited by SpaceMan

Legacy

y'all don't come to Canada please :deadbanana2:

Seriously I hope this is just to scare people because if not...a tragedy

Marco_g2

Seems like the US is taking the Herd Immunity concept :cm:

shookspeare
1 hour ago, SpaceMan said:

who said THAT, everyone knows how terrible public education is in America :rip:

we do have the best universities in the world, but obviously the percentage of americans attending one of those colleges is infinitesimally small 

Coklek92
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SupahBass05 said:

They said we would reach 3k daily deaths in June and here we are trending downwards? 

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-deaths-per-million-7-day-average

Do people actually think (detected) cases will ever go to 0 without a vaccine? :toofunny3: Even with, that won’t be the case. We’re living with this virus unless a miracle happens :toofunny3:

They also said that there would be a total 60,000 deaths in the USA by end of the pandemic but here we are right now approaching 130,000. Total death in the USA is much higher but many states start converting Covid-19 deaths to pneumonia/influenza to hide real situation. 2019/2020 influenza season is less severe with less hospitalisations than 2017/2018 despite more testing but somehow the death rate 5% higher than the later. The report is there on CDC :deadbanana4:

Edited by Coklek92

SpaceMan
12 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

who said THAT, everyone knows how terrible public education is in America :rip:

we do have the best universities in the world, but obviously the percentage of americans attending one of those colleges is infinitesimally small 

Girl this validates what I said :deadbanana2:

shookspeare
Just now, SpaceMan said:

Girl this validates what I said :deadbanana2:

in what way? :psyduck: just because most elite colleges are American doesn't mean we have the best public education system, those are two different things. our public education is abysmal, so i don't see how that validates your statement unless i'm reading it incorrectly

SpaceMan
3 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

in what way? :psyduck: just because most elite colleges are American doesn't mean we have the best public education system, those are two different things. our public education is abysmal, so i don't see how that validates your statement unless i'm reading it incorrectly

I mean America has top universities in the world, and it's not like students are suddenly qualified for getting in, they must've got good education earlier on as well 

And you said a very small percentage of americans going to good colleges, that also means Americans are stupid :rip:

shookspeare
Just now, SpaceMan said:

I mean America has top universities in the world, and it's not like students are suddenly qualified for getting in, they must've got good education earlier on as well 

And you said a very small percentage of americans going to good colleges, that also means Americans are stupid :rip:

well yes you're right about that, and the subterranean standards of American education are to blame :rip:

and the big reason why the US has such great colleges is money—you'll notice that nearly all top American institutions (minus UC Berkeley, UCLA, maybe a couple of others but those get more obscure) are all private. that means most of their students come from families that can afford to pay upwards of $70,000 dollars a year for education, and guess what most of those kids went to well-funded private high schools as well. you think that most Harvard/Stanford/etc students go to public schools? i went to one of these schools, let me tell you that's not the case :psyduck: the education gap in America is massive

SpaceMan
7 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

well yes you're right about that, and the subterranean standards of American education are to blame :rip:

and the big reason why the US has such great colleges is money—you'll notice that nearly all top American institutions (minus UC Berkeley, UCLA, maybe a couple of others but those get more obscure) are all private. that means most of their students come from families that can afford to pay upwards of $70,000 dollars a year for education, and guess what most of those kids went to well-funded private high schools as well. you think that most Harvard/Stanford/etc students go to public schools? i went to one of these schools, let me tell you that's not the case :psyduck: the education gap in America is massive

That was quite informative, thanks for explaining 

Looks like the education system is catering to the rich to maintain their wealth for the next generation and keeping the poor in the dust.. 

phatty033

if everyone had access to testing thats probably what we would be at lol

Swine

I really wonder why Americans focus so much on masks. We don't wear masks where I live (the Netherlands) outside of public transport, and we're down to 2-3 deaths a day, even though our peak (daily deaths) was pretty much as bad as the US's (so far.) Is wearing a mask really so effective? Isn't washing hands, keeping distance, no physical contact, correct sneezing, and no parties/etc much more important? I think that the focus on wearing masks diverts attention from all the other important things. Sure, masks help tremendously, especially if used hygienically, but they don't help as much if you don't wash your hands before and after leaving the house, if you can still go clubbing, etc.

Madame X
14 minutes ago, Swine said:

I really wonder why Americans focus so much on masks. We don't wear masks where I live (the Netherlands) outside of public transport, and we're down to 2-3 deaths a day, even though our peak (daily deaths) was pretty much as bad as the US's (so far.) Is wearing a mask really so effective? Isn't washing hands, keeping distance, no physical contact, correct sneezing, and no parties/etc much more important? I think that the focus on wearing masks diverts attention from all the other important things. Sure, masks help tremendously, especially if used hygienically, but they don't help as much if you don't wash your hands before and after leaving the house, if you can still go clubbing, etc.

honestly, if we focused on not doing parties, there would be a cultural crisis over that :dies:  

at the end of the day its an attempt by big $$$$$$$$$ to reject this pandemic, so that people can stay making money off of starvation wages. 

Madame X
3 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

Not! 

We just have the worst leader who don't want to do a thing.

The US was the best prepared country for this. We proved it when we left the fight for Ebola in Africa, SARS in Asia, h1n1 here .

The CDC was so respected that there is now CDC office in multiple countries and with WHO.

trump is a major part of it, but honestly, back to regan social services have been gutted and i thik that lack of a social safety net and welfare really really hurt us too. 

TipToe
23 minutes ago, Swine said:

on dense places masks are super important, it don't matter how religiously you wash your hands if you are already infected and might pass the virus coughing, sneezing or merely talking. ideally people with symptoms will test and quarantine but the reality is that most people with the virus are still going out to work and etc so wearing a mask (and expecting everybody else to do so) is a "better safe than sorry" measure, not more important than proper hygiene and physical distancing, yep, but still a useful thing.