Gesamtkunstwerk

Do you shop on Wish?

Gesamtkunstwerk

I keep getting ads from Wish that advertises counterfeit Louis Vuitton bed sheets, d*ldo shaped bongs, Nicholas Cage glitter pillows and more. 

All of the stuff on the app is extremely cheap, but at the cost of being made by underpaid workers, child labor, dangerous working environments, products that has been in contact with dangerous chemicals, ripping off independent artists, selling counterfeit designer goods, electronics that potentially burst into fire, makeup that glues your face together and generally every unethical production method in the book. 

It's the most used shopping platform in my country many years in a row, and one of most used shopping apps in the world... So do you shop on Wish ? :gaycat5:

May

no and I never would, I’ve seen all those memes about people ordering stuff from Wish and it looking 100x worse than it does in pics :rip: 

Outlaws

**** no. 90% of those things are not what they seem or they end up being broken, etc. judging by what I have read.

arceus

Aliexpress is better 

rihannabiggestfan

NO,

OmgNO

Gesamtkunstwerk
1 minute ago, May said:

no and I never would, I’ve seen all those memes about people ordering stuff from Wish and it looking 100x worse than it does in pics :rip: 

Many years ago, when Wish was still new, my friend ordered a dress and she received a piece of triangular fabric :skull: 

Gesamtkunstwerk
2 minutes ago, arceus said:

Aliexpress is better 

Everything said about Wish can be said about Aliexpress or Alibaba or other sites like that. Wish is just Aliexpress in a user friendly platform.

Sept

No. But they have hilarious ads :ahh: :ahh: 

Drama
Posted (edited)

Omg I bought some jeans on wish when the app first came out and I’m a 32/34 and they sent me this jeans for Oscar Proud. 

Edited by Drama

Stifler's Mom

I received a wireless charger product today after 2 months. terrible. lmao. even alliexpress is better.

Talking Fish

I never order from Wish or other sites like it because #1 I'm too impatient to wait for several months #2 I'm too scared something completly different will come and I will have wasted my money

St. Francis

I tried to buy a portable microphone on there, but I was quite skeptical of the site. It just seemed like a scam site.

Rev8
8 hours ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Everything said about Wish can be said about Aliexpress or Alibaba or other sites like that. Wish is just Aliexpress in a user friendly platform.

I've never really had any big problems with Aliexpress tho

like 90% of the stuff I've received, are great

I guess u need to pay attention to the stuff u buy (like looking at the reviews of the item and shop)

Never used wish tho

DevonRoars

Yes. I've bought their buttons and pins. Took about 2 weeks to get them.

I looked into only because I heard two co-workers talking about buying things from there and it being kinda legit.

M A R N ✮

god no!

icy

i ordered some flamingo earrings and butterfly clips off of there :deadbanana: it took like a month for them to get here

The7thStranger
13 hours ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

I keep getting ads from Wish that advertises counterfeit Louis Vuitton bed sheets, d*ldo shaped bongs, Nicholas Cage glitter pillows and more. 

:rip:

To think we went from Woot.com to Wish.com. The downgrade.

Gesamtkunstwerk
6 hours ago, Rev8 said:

I've never really had any big problems with Aliexpress tho

like 90% of the stuff I've received, are great

I guess u need to pay attention to the stuff u buy (like looking at the reviews of the item and shop)

Never used wish tho

The products are still produced in such a way it exploits underpaid workers, has strange chemicals in them, and everything I mentioned in the OT, not the quality of the products. :priceless:

carameldisco

I don't but my friend ordered some accessories from them and now she constantly gets ads for their weirdest products :biblio:

LonelySoul

bought two rings very beautiful and stylish just as advertised. some people are unlucky I guess

rzal

Why not buy the same product from Aliexpress where people leave feedback and post photos of what the product looks like irl? :skull: 

Rev8
8 hours ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

The products are still produced in such a way it exploits underpaid workers, has strange chemicals in them, and everything I mentioned in the OT, not the quality of the products. :priceless:

I mean, okay but are those facts?

and as I already said, I have never experienced such problems as the ones u describe :dies: so I guess that's your experience with them

also, I wouldn't say some of the OP stuff to be problems :wave:

Chromatica

No. I love myself and have certain standards when it comes to products I use/consume.