Blue.

BET supports violence and abuse

Blue.

Disgusting. To think people have been permanently cancelled for far less. 

PrismaticFluff

it’s okay if he really changed, but i kinda don’t think he did or could

Green

BET awards don't care about that. They really love Chris Brown. He even made his comeback there a year after beating Rihanna and he got bigger after that.

He's the second artist with most BET wins ever after Beyoncé  :skull: 

FOCK

He... Won for the best R&B/Pop artist category. He didn't win an award for Violence/Abuse. 

Does the world no longer believe in rehabilitation? If an aggressive teen beat up their partner & then turned their life around & decided the better thing to offer the world was Art, instead... Are we going to look down on them or recognise the change that we want to see? 

Is the intent here eternal punishment, or is it to actually inspire a change for the better in the world?

Hate doesn't heal. 

Mezik

Yeah it's pretty disgusting how this show will award this piece of garbage human being. He deserves to be locked away right still. I will never forgive what he did, nor ever buy into the "HeS a ChAnGeD mAn!!!!" narrative when he's just scum.

Mezik
1 minute ago, FOCK said:

He... Won for the best R&B/Pop artist category. He didn't win an award for Violence/Abuse. 

Does the world no longer believe in rehabilitation? If an aggressive teen beat up their partner & then turned their life around & decided the better thing to offer the world was Art, instead... Are we going to look down on them or recognise the change that we want to see? 

Is the intent here eternal punishment, or is it to actually inspire a change for the better in the world?

Hate doesn't heal. 

Except he has a continuous pattern of wreck-less and violent behaviour. I am sorry but showering him with awards is just reinforcing his past.

That's like saying it'd be okay to give Kevin Spacey awards in the future because "the past is the past and who cares about his past actions".

ScarletWitch
7 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Hate doesn't heal. 

You running in and out of threads defending JK Rowling's transphobia and that woman abuser Chris Brown? Not a good look.

KillingYourCareer
9 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Hate doesn't heal. 

Mythology
Posted (edited)

I think it’s worse that his album that got a score of 52 on Metacritic won a Grammy two years after his domestic violence case

The way Grammys forgot his nasty a$$:skull:

Edited by Mythology

FOCK
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ScarletWitch said:

You running in and out of threads defending JK Rowling's transphobia and that woman abuser Chris Brown? Not a good look.

Nothing in my post was transphobic nor a defense. It was analytical discussion with actual thought, as opposed to believing every random Tweet at face value. Try it, babe. 

This isn't a defense of Chris' actions either. Just because you choose to see something one way, doesn't make it so. 

But it's cute you're keeping tabs on me.

Edited by FOCK

Caesar

The Grammys gave him a award in 2012, after the incident and he got nominated again in 2020. Where’s the Grammy thread?

Green
50 minutes ago, Mythology said:

I think it’s worse that his album that got a score of 52 on Metacritic won a Grammy two years after his domestic violence case

The way Grammys forgot his nasty a$$:skull:

You now what's even worse? that the album he released months after he beat Rihanna got multiple grammy nominations while Rated R got 0 nominations  :deadbanana2:

Grafitti Metacritic Score = 39  (2 Grammy nominations, including Best Contemporary R&B album)

Rated R Metacritic Score = 75  (0 Grammy nominations)

Rev8
17 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Does the world no longer believe in rehabilitation? If an aggressive teen beat up their partner & then turned their life around & decided the better thing to offer the world was Art, instead... Are we going to look down on them or recognize the change that we want to see? 

Hate doesn't heal. 

Although I kinda agree with u on the first statement..

He CONTINUES being trash

When he attacked Frank Ocean?

When he and his bodyguards started a fight and ended up in jail?

Went to rehab and was kicked out for being violent? (twice)

Ended up in jail again

Fought again

His soon-turned Ex-GF filed a RESTRAINING order against him (Karrueche Tran)

He Had a ****ing STANDOFF with the police :ahh: SWAT were called!

He is currently banned in Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, because of his history of violence too :cm:

and CONTINUES to do this ****

He has been given chances time and time again.

This rich spoiled brat will probably never recover.

Wish he would but that doesn't excuse the BIAS that his fans and award shows like BET, give to him.

He is a DESPICABLE human being. If it was a female she would've been SHREDDED. (hell they've been shredded for far less)

ot: DISGUSTING.

Rev8

He even won a Grammy?! :bibliahh:

just when I thought (although not rly) that the narrative "the industry is sexist" was getting tired!

FOCK
4 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Although I kinda agree with u on the first statement..

He CONTINUES being trash

When he attacked Frank Ocean?

When he and his bodyguards started a fight and ended up in jail?

Went to rehab and was kicked out for being violent? (twice)

Ended up in jail again

Fought again

His soon-turned Ex-GF filed a RESTRAINING order against him (Karrueche Tran)

He Had a ****ing STANDOFF with the police :ahh: SWAT were called!

He is currently banned in Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, because of his history of violence too :cm:

and CONTINUES to do this ****

He has been given chances time and time again.

This rich spoiled brat will probably never recover.

Wish he would but that doesn't excuse the BIAS that his fans and award shows like BET, give to him.

He is a DESPICABLE human being. If it was a female she would've been SHREDDED. (hell they've been shredded for far less)

ot: DISGUSTING.

Well Oop. Shut me up.

I only knew of the incident where he threw a chair out of a window... :rip: Not really keeping up with him like that, jeezuz. 

Rev8
Just now, FOCK said:

Well Oop. Shut me up.

I only knew of the incident where he threw a chair out of a window... :rip: Not really keeping up with him like that, jeezuz. 

Yea :rip: he never really changed

I also had faith that he was changed for the better but then something prompted me to look him up and :dies: wow

his Wiki page tells enough nnn

iHype.

BET didn’t vote for the award?? How are they “supporting abuse” because he won?

And he was undoubtedly one of the biggest male R&B artists the past year. They can’t refuse to nominate him because of personal views, they would’ve got more backlash than nominating him...

rac7d
1 hour ago, Blue. said:

Unlike most he actually went to jail, lost brand deals , is permanently banned from Europe, HE FACED consequences more then most

if you don’t like him  then just seeth

Pheromosa

This is such a low hanging fruit tbh 

Blue.
27 minutes ago, rac7d said:

Unlike most he actually went to jail, lost brand deals , is permanently banned from Europe, HE FACED consequences more then most

if you don’t like him  then just seeth

Aw he lost some coins bwah bwah. All he got was because he countinued being trash and had several other incidents. Awarding him shows that abusers never get the short end of the stick, and can put out several women off of denouncing their abusive partners because they just get off easily. Not every woman abused is Rihanna and has the means to support and protect themselves, specially minorities. You are disgusting just like him.

Armani👑
2 hours ago, Blue. said:

???

You think he hasnt won this award multiple times since after 2009:bibliahh:

This isn't new news. 

Honestly The Weeknd deserved it this year though. He had a bigger hit and album. I dont know why they like Bruno so much but give The Weeknd dust.

rac7d
32 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Aw he lost some coins bwah bwah. All he got was because he countinued being trash and had several other incidents. Awarding him shows that abusers never get the short end of the stick, and can put out several women off of denouncing their abusive partners because they just get off easily. Not every woman abused is Rihanna and has the means to support and protect themselves, specially minorities. You are disgusting just like him.

Your being real extra right now

BnPac

Please...

The man has issues but not giving an award that the public voted for makes no sense. He also has Grammys. 
I hope you guys were so up in arms when Sean Penn won his acting prices including 2 damn Oscars. 
Make a thread about Oscars supporting violence too. 

Blue.
31 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Please...

The man has issues but not giving an award that the public voted for makes no sense. He also has Grammys. 
I hope you guys were so up in arms when Sean Penn won his acting prices including 2 damn Oscars. 
Make a thread about Oscars supporting violence too. 

There have been multiple threads about it too. For example, when they awarded Casey Affleck a couple of years ago.

A ceremony being trash doesn’t give other awarding ceremonies a free pass. Specially one like BET’s given that black women are not only 33% more likely to suffer DV, they are also 2.5 times more likely to be murdered by men than white women.

AvrilLaQueen

the biggest shock to me is that he still makes music? :skull: last song I heard from him was that Pia Mia song 5 years ago