TalkThatRihanna

Charlie Puth bombing again. Is it over?

TalkThatRihanna
Posted (edited)

After his Tringle bombed last year (Mother, the “official” single that was pushed on TTH + Radio only charted in NZ and nowhere else...)

Now his new lead “Girlfriend” is bombing hard in its first week:

#32 US ITunes 

#898 US AM

OUT on Spotify in every single Country

The song is honestly a cute Summer bop and deserves to at least chart on the BBH100 :rip:

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

Yog

@Insanity get In here sis...:cm:

OT: Deserves better tbh 

Pokemonfan1515

There are too many songs called girlfriend... And there was NO promo for this ...

He deserves better than this. Should be bigger than Shawn Mendes 

Jude

Yeah, I like his music but I'm afraid he is not gonna bounce back like Meghan Trainor.

mcohen
1 minute ago, Jude said:

Yeah, I like his music but I'm afraid he is not gonna bounce back like Meghan Trainor.

Bounce back and Meghan Trainor don’t really go together 

NotAvaMax

Yes the GP is finally over him doing the same thing all the time. If he wants to stay popular he needs to try a new sound because this is very stale.

J-esper

Well I mean the way he said the three songs he released earlier weren't the direction he wanted and how he would never release a generic song again, only to return with a song that easily could fit on an album with those songs :rip: he is talented, but I feel he need a guide in this business that is a little more experimental. He should give Rick Rubin a call

Ryuuchan_X

I like his music, but he really needs to try something other than the 80s sound. 

Lindt

It's funny cause he shaded bieber before

:skull:

Popboi.

He's not the type of artist that will get people flickering around his every release. Without airplay and playlist exposure he won't smash outside the once in a while smash.

OrbitNumber1

Yes, but he's gonna have a good career as a behind-the-scenes songwriter.

GuyNextDoor
Posted (edited)

Who cares about that if the music is good?

:fish1:

Edited by GuyNextDoor

RULES

Whew?

MoonGoodandHappy
Posted (edited)

A song on a straight relationship in 2020 is boring.  Straight people need to understand that it's not 2005 anymore.

Edited by MoonGoodandHappy

Insanity
42 minutes ago, Yog said:

@Insanity get In here sis...:cm:

OT: Deserves better tbh 

To be honest he's never gonna see the success of SYA, Attention or WDTA but he has 3 songs over 1b streams, multiple Grammy nomineee, a decent insta following (15 m), a 11x plat single, a 2x plat album. So he will continue to flop, well I don't care as long as he makes music I enjoy and drops more music and an album I'm happy. He had his 15 mins and unfortunately he doesn't have the star power of Shawn Mendes. Nobody outside stan world really knows Charlie Puth and I don't care. I'll still follow his career flop after flop because that's what a real fan does unless fakes who stop following their faves when they completely fade

Mikeymoonshine

That song was even more dull than I thought it would be. Why go with an 80s sound if you're going to be this boring? 

musicwonder
48 minutes ago, Jude said:

46 minutes ago, mcohen said:

Bounce back and Meghan Trainor don’t really go together 

Umm Meghan's new album was great. She returned to pure pop & slayed. Good songwriting. Catchy hooks. A complete bop. She needs better promo tho. No way Dua lipa should be outselling. But Due uses so much payola 

Yog
6 minutes ago, Insanity said:

To be honest he's never gonna see the success of SYA, Attention or WDTA but he has 3 songs over 1b streams, multiple Grammy nomineee, a decent insta following (15 m), a 11x plat single, a 2x plat album. So he will continue to flop, well I don't care as long as he makes music I enjoy and drops more music and an album I'm happy. He had his 15 mins and unfortunately he doesn't have the star power of Shawn Mendes. Nobody outside stan world really knows Charlie Puth and I don't care. I'll still follow his career flop after flop because that's what a real fan does unless fakes who stop following their faves when they completely fade

A TRUE STAN :clap3:

GuyNextDoor
1 minute ago, Insanity said:

:clap3:

To add more:

He is also a producer, so he can continue making music for other artists.

He's respected among his peers.

Insanity
6 minutes ago, GuyNextDoor said:

:clap3:

To add more:

He is also a producer, so he can continue making music for other artists.

He's respected among his peers.

Music producers always praise him true

Insanity
27 minutes ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

A song on a straight relationship in 2020 is boring.  Straight people need to understand that it's not 2005 anymore.

So are str8 people supposed to write songs about gays?

Little Dark Age
35 minutes ago, Insanity said:

literally came to comment this like what kind of logic :skull:

OT: the song deserves better, one of his best imo

Juanny
45 minutes ago, Insanity said:

:rip: Right. 

rta1913

Just because it’s not a bad song it doesn’t mean it’s good or deserves success. 

With that being said Charlie can always have a career behind the scenes. Most importantly, he’s a straight white male, he can always come back with the right song at the right time. 

57 minutes ago, musicwonder said:

Umm Meghan's new album was great. She returned to pure pop & slayed. Good songwriting. Catchy hooks. A complete bop. She needs better promo tho. No way Dua lipa should be outselling. But Due uses so much payola 

Meghan flopped though and the album is not good. Did you just imply that her album is better than Future Nostalgia? That it objectively not true :rip: 

bluebirdsforever
Posted (edited)

To be fair, did it ever begin?

I feel like hasn’t had a hit in years

Edited by bluebirdsforever