Da Vinci

Ppl still say "no homo" and "that's gay!", why..?

Da Vinci

It's the end of Pride Month...in 2020...the year where everybody is getting cancelled left and right...

Yet locals still say these annoying phrases...why? :sistrens:

BrooklynBoy
Posted (edited)

People are still homophobic

End thread 

Edited by BrooklynBoy

rihannabiggestfan

Idiots still say it, but I don't think it's nearly as common these days. A "you hit like a girl!" tea

Jooj

Insecurity and fragile masculinity.

Colbygg

I hear this all the time and I WISH they could get educated. I'm 18, a senior student in Australia and it bothers me so much to hear people still speak in this derogatory term like it's nothing. 

Chaos Angel

Boys will be boys. I’ve been on all guys sports teams my whole life and hear it all the time, it doesn’t bother me. It’s just part of their vocabulary, not all of them mean it in a bad way.

LustSpell

Idk. My friends and I with our straight friends say that's gay because everyone is extremely happy and confidant in the sexuality, so there's no issue there. Locals however, are tuned to believe that anything different will make them be seen as a different and most ppl wanna fit in. Just tragic

CherieMoon

Homophobia still exists sadly. 

Rev8

it's pretty dumb

sheep

Ryuuchan_X

Because the gays let them get away with it. 

Bloody Valentine

think it's force of habit, like old 2000s catch praise.. I mean i still say dude & man even to my girl friends I dunno if that is wrong too but eh.  though never seen anyone say "no homo" :biblio:

JC.

Get a thicker skin and you won’t have to worry about such phrases. 

Jude

I don't know but I think Jake Gyllenhaal is a handsome guy, no homo though. :heart:

Trent W

Idk in my world almost no one is homophobic, and I’m not even out or anything as bi, my straight friends never say anything slightly homophobic.

The only homophobic people I see are those religious freaks in Facebook that most of the time only speak in Spanish and are ignorant af.

Cersei Lannister

Because they haven't watched this ad

One Rude Boy

It's probably just the very simple answer that homophobia is still alive and well, although more subdued than in the past.

Saint luv

i literally haven't heard someone say "no homo" since 2010 :rip:

Roman Holiday
2 hours ago, Colbygg said:

I hear this all the time and I WISH they could get educated. I'm 18, a senior student in Australia and it bothers me so much to hear people still speak in this derogatory term like it's nothing. 

Y’all are children. They will grow up and feel ashamed one day for their language. 

Insanity

My friend says that's gay often and it doesn't bother me at all. It's just a saying butaybe cause I'm an 80s kid and grew up with people saying that, that it doesn't really bother me.

Insanity

I kinda noticed that people born in the 80s/ early 90s like me are way less sensitive to homophobia then Gen Z. Prolly cause we grew up in such a different time. I mean we didn't grow up with social media or cell phones so things were so different. I honestly would hate to be a teenager in 2020.

bad guy

Idk but it’s funny to say

Da Vinci

Horizon Flame

How 2007.

Mirtilo

Homophobia feat. toxic masculinity

JoeAg

"no homo" is so f*cking asinine and every time I hear anyone in my vicinity say it, I tell them off. I'm just like "really... you're gonna say THAT in 2020? you're better than that."

on the other hand, as a bi dude, I sometimes say gayyyyy to describe things. idk. when straights do it is when it grinds my gears, yknow?

arceus

do people really get offended by these two phrases?