Scotland

K-Pop thriving. W-PopGirl-Pop is dead. Surprised?

Scotland

K-Pop the genre is thriving even in Anglo countries, with groups like BLACKPINK, TWICE, BTS, and etc.. breaking RECORDS and scoring hits left and right. Serving artistry, visuals, vocals, production, etc..

Meanwhile Western Pop Girl pop is DEAD. No hits for pop girls. White women pop musicians have to call up K-Pop bands for collabs in order to get hits, and the music is DATED.

What happened and surprised?

Tumblr: Image

BlackoutZone

People realized KPOP is the peak of pop music :clap3: 

Stream new pop perfection from Sunmi

Psycho

Pleasantly surprised

Z5hjVAg.gif

ariananext

Kpop outside Asia is only happening inside their fanbases, nobody cares otherwise, they're too childish and not what people like in 2020 

diogozsz
5 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

People realized KPOP is the peak of pop music :clap3: 

Stream new pop perfection from Sunmi

SONG OF THE YEAR

BlackoutZone
6 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

SONG OF THE YEAR

Taste :jonny6:

BigBangStan
13 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Kpop outside Asia is only happening inside their fanbases, nobody cares otherwise, they're too childish and not what people like in 2020 

Sure jan :rip:

ariananext
3 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

Sure jan :rip:

the only ones with a little interest from the gp or the rest of stan world are blackpink, BTS are a joke because of their CRAZY fans, compared to them directioners were angels 

diogozsz
Just now, ariananext said:

the only ones with a little interest from the gp or the rest of stan world are blackpink, BTS are a joke because of their CRAZY fans, compared to them directioners were angels 

i don't like BTS but at the end of the day they're the ones selling out stadiums left and right  :cm:

Hongbin
17 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Ariana Grandé | Justin Bieber | Billie Eilish | Demi Lovato 

Sounds about white

OT:

We eating good this week Sunmi 

Hwasa

And verivery in like 36 hours

Artistofthedecade
16 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Actually this is true. When you check their Youtube stats, like %70 of views are from SEA. 

Outside of it, GP don't use Kpop at all, this is why they have big debuts due to their fanbases but then drop quickly and don't have impressive longevity. 

ashenv

The puppets planned, created and micromanaged at every level by publicly traded companies. It's just another showing that capitalism indeed works.

Ken Lee

I can't name a single genuine non-local hit that has come out of the genre besides Gangnam Style. It's completely stan-driven. Is that stan base growing? Sure, and that's great. But it's still not really a thing outside of Asia

And to call "white women pop" music dated is kind of ironic given that KPOP is generally one of the most generic dated styles.

Supervillain

People are finally realizing k-pop is the best genre to EVER exist :clap3: I mean, yesterday alone we got three 10/10 songs

mokitsu

It still leaves a lot to be desired in terms of great bodies of work but they churn out good, fun bops with amazing visuals and performances on the regular.

Z5hjVAg.gif

itsmee
Posted (edited)

genuine question 

why do kpop fans have this inferiority complex mixed with an obsession to prove kpop is bigger than it is :deadbanana2:

if kpop is so superior just enjoy stanning the superior genre why always bring "western" pop as a comparation 

why are you guys so obsessed into proving kpop is better?

if it is it would speak for itself the same for the said success you are talking about

literally every week a similar thread is made and the person creating the thread always seem so invested and mad at having people agreeing , just enjoy what you like and let people live 

the truth is that kpop will never be superior to western pop or whatever you want to call it, because kpop takes from the other it wouldn't exist without it, that's why it's always so behind and it feels dated , that's why fans buy 10x copies, stream like crazy and indulge into all sorts of fraudulent activities to inflate popularity and relevance 

like literally give it a rest talking about it and creating threads won't change facts 

Edited by itsmee

Powergun

We don't need to argue which one is better

Go stream this song or something

RhJOGqx.gif

itsmee

like I'm a bit salty because you guys are literally ruining every corner of the internet with your obsession

even atrl is becoming annoying because of it  , twitter is literally hell with so many fancams

some of you need to seek help and stop being so obsessed my younger sister is literally scared of all of you , when I go pick her up at school and she sees kpop stans she asks me to cross the street I ask her why she tells me because kpop stans are weird socially awkward and cringy and it makes her feel uncomfortable they even made a poor asian guy switch schools just because of these 3 stans chasing after him and calling him oppa

like give it a rest you are all embarrassing  

BigBangStan
6 minutes ago, itsmee said:

genuine question 

why do kpop fans have this inferiority complex mixed with an obsession to prove kpop is bigger than it is :deadbanana2:

if kpop is so superior just enjoy stanning the superior genre why always bring "western" pop as a comparation 

why are you guys so obsessed into proving kpop is better?

if it is it would speak for itself the same for the said success you are talking about

literally every week a similar thread is made and the person creating the thread always seem so invested and mad at having people agreeing , just enjoy what you like and let people live 

the truth is that kpop will never be superior to western pop or whatever you want to call it, because kpop takes from the other it wouldn't exist without it, that's why it's always so behind and it feels dated , that's why fans buy 10x copies, stream like crazy and indulge into all sorts of fraudulent activities to inflate popularity and relevance 

like literally give it a rest talking about it and creating threads won't change facts 

This long ass paragraph, btw the guy who made this thread is not even a kpop stan. :rip:

itsmee
3 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

This long ass paragraph, btw the guy who made this thread is not even a kpop stan. :rip:

doesn't matter most of people go from not being a stan to becoming obsessed there is almost no in between

Supervillain
9 minutes ago, itsmee said:

doesn't matter most of people go from not being a stan to becoming obsessed there is almost no in between

And what about it? :huh: 

BTS
10 minutes ago, itsmee said:

There's absolutely an in-between.

I only found out recently that my best friend of years was also a bts fan because we just never talk about it, until I mentioned I went to their concert last year. You're only seeing the extremely vocal stans so ofc you think they're the only ones to exist. :foxaylove3:They've way more lowkey stans than you think.

diogozsz

tl;dr of that user's anti-kpop manifesto: kpop bad kpop stans bad western music good 

you're welcome 

itsmee
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BTS said:

I only found out recently that my best friend of years was also a bts fan because we just never talk about it, until I mentioned I went to their concert last year. You're only seeing the extremely vocal stans so ofc you think they're the only ones to exist. :foxaylove3:They've way more lowkey stans than you think.

they def seem like the minority I only see people not caring at all or being super obsessed with it to the point that's all they think and talk about, they even want to move to Korea :deadbanana2:

I actually used to listen to some kpop but fans turned me off big time 

Edited by itsmee

diogozsz
2 minutes ago, BTS said:

Wouldn't have said it better myself. There'll always be extreme stans on EVERY fandom. Extreme kpop stans will comment fancams in tweets like western pop stans will answer every tweet that's not about their fave saying "oop my fave outsold / outdid" wtv. It's as simple as that and thinking there's no in-between comes off as ignorant tbh.