Karla Cabello

should atrl start banning trump supporters?

Karla Cabello

given others internet sites are doing it. given trump is now posting white supremacy videos on his personal twitter. ive seen a lot of them here and their racist and hateful comments are always swept under the rug. such hateful people shouldnt have the space to open their opinions. they do nothing more than damage to society:angel:

feuxtography

Slippery slope, its important to note the bannings around the net have been from unmoderated hate/extremism being promoted. 

Our mods are great however! :johnald:

Artistofthedecade
Posted (edited)

I wouldn’t mind if Atrl bans 2 conspicuous person here ı won't name who jump to every politics related thread with nonsense everytime. 

But ı am not here to ban all people of any party unless they spread hateful ideologies. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Pheromosa

ATRL would NEVER be that progressive

Outlaws

Yeah, and ban Barbz, Camila stans (if any) and PDF supporters while they are at it.

Trent W

Well there’s only like 3 and they are very inoffensive.

But I do think people who advocate extremism like white supremacy or communism need to be banned from the internet.

These kind of ideologies are extremely dangerous and we need to get rid of those toxic groups.

burymealive

Yes , dissentients must be dealt with the harshest of punishment ! 

Tropez
5 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Well there’s only like 3 and they are very inoffensive.

But I do think people who advocate extremism like white supremacy or communism need to be banned from the internet.

These kind of ideologies are extremely dangerous and we need to get rid of those toxic groups.

Did you just equate white supremacy with communism? When the two arent remotely on the same level? 

See, you just made a valid point as to WHY this is a slippery slope. Because now you can remove ideas you dont agree with not whether they are right or wrong. 

By doing so you create further intolerance. Extreme ideas should be moderated. But we need to understand what is extreme. 

Sergi91
9 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

Yeah, and ban Barbz, Camila stans (if any) and PDF supporters while they are at it.

W1Jwfw3dKIo8BsQFaLc0y4UflpgSUlDKiWn4LgjK
since when do members upload files to Atrl? :toofunny2:

Outlaws
1 minute ago, Sergi91 said:

W1Jwfw3dKIo8BsQFaLc0y4UflpgSUlDKiWn4LgjK
since when do members upload files to Atrl? :toofunny2:

Was this supposed to be a joke?

Sergi91
1 minute ago, Outlaws said:

Was this supposed to be a joke?

Does it look like im joking to you? 

Outlaws
Just now, Sergi91 said:

Does it look like im joking to you? 

That would be the only explanation to that stupid comment. 

JiwZvsM.gif

Sergi91
Just now, Outlaws said:

That would be the only explanation to that stupid comment. 

JiwZvsM.gif

There’s no need to be petty. Not everyone is here 24/7 to know what you’re talking about. If you can’t answer a simple question then why bother replying to my comment. 

Outlaws
1 minute ago, Sergi91 said:

There’s no need to be petty. Not everyone is here 24/7 to know what you’re talking about. If you can’t answer a simple question then why bother replying to my comment. 

Nothing against you. Can we be best friends now?

JiwZvsM.gif

ZIVERT

Yes

KillingYourCareer
19 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

ATRL would NEVER be that progressive

What's progressive about banning people based on their support for a conservative politician, exactly? I'm no Trump supporter, but banning anyone who has a different opinion - as long as it's respectful and within the rules of the site - isn't going to have any positive effects. Just face the fact that some people don't agree with you, and argue with them in a civil way instead of silencing them.

Outlaws
1 minute ago, KillingYourCareer said:

What's progressive about banning people based on their support for a conservative politician, exactly? I'm no Trump supporter, but banning anyone who has a different opinion - as long as it's respectful and within the rules of the site - isn't going to have any positive effects. Just face the fact that some people don't agree with you, and argue with them in a civil way instead of silencing them.

Pfffff

JiwZvsM.gif

rihannabiggestfan

We should ban extreme neoliberals first - the Trump supporters of the left :cm:

Trent W
12 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Did you just equate white supremacy with communism? When the two arent remotely on the same level? 

See, you just made a valid point as to WHY this is a slippery slope. Because now you can remove ideas you dont agree with not whether they are right or wrong. 

By doing so you create further intolerance. Extreme ideas should be moderated. But we need to understand what is extreme. 

Communism is extreme. Idk or care if it’s as bad as      White nationalism but it’s really really bad too.

It’s like 2 different types of illness that kill societies.

KillingYourCareer
2 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

Pfffff

JiwZvsM.gif

I mean, when you're a far-leftist, everyone's a nazi to you, but in the real world he's a good ol' right-wing politician and not the reincarnation of Hitler.

c3fxotj.gif

Outlaws
3 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I mean, when you're a far-leftist, everyone's a nazi to you, but in the real world he's a good ol' right-wing politician and not the reincarnation of Hitler.

c3fxotj.gif

APmYEKl.gif

Tropez
Just now, Trent W said:

Communism is extreme. Idk or care if it’s as bad as      White nationalism but it’s really really bad too.

It’s like 2 different types of illness that kill societies.

But they are not. Racism, is not the same as a political ideology on the left of capitalism. 

What you are saying is a serious issue on WHAT is extreme speech. Which can be used badly to shut down anything that opposes your point of view. Essentially creating a system of censorship. 

This is the issue with free speech. Is a society truly tolerant if it is intolerant of an opposing opinion. 

Claw

My ignore list has been growing like a garden lately.

ZIVERT
8 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Living with and dealing with Trump nuts on a daily basis, I think it goes beyond regular conservatism. Many of these people are literally delusional and can’t be argued with using logic or reason, it’s really quite scary tbh :biblio: 

At least with normal conservatives, both sides can use statistics and real life examples. These lunatics think America is on the verge of being attacked and that Trump is standing at the front line protecting us from this imaginary enemy :mazen:

NMiguelCosta
7 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

We should ban extreme neoliberals first - the Trump supporters of the left :cm:

Not when neoliberals are more anti-left than they're anti-right nowadays.