iHype.

ATRL is never topping this moment. Why?

iHype.

5 year anniversary approaching... Lucia Cole's expose. :jonny5:

In the history of ATRL, I don't think there's ever been a more organic and enjoyable moment imo. 100+ page thread in just 1 day. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20170906231932/http://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=831161

All of us on the site teaming up for an afternoon to find just how much effort someone put into creating a literal fake pop star and was actually getting away with it. :jonny5:

CJ0_Bb_XNUEAAKq_N8.jpg

Stole a woman's identity, had a fake business/booking email, bought thousands upon thousands of followers on social media.

Created a Wikipedia page for this imaginary artist

CJ0_Bdur_UAAAPg_Q5.jpg

Stole Jessica Simpson songs and uploaded them to iTunes/Spotify/Apple Music under this imaginary artist

CJ0_Bel_EUw_AE6_P7_M.jpg

Made a whole fake background story about the artist, and was even booking interviews/press on sites.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-29-at-3-03-09-PM.png

As an actress, she has also appeared in other shows including The Parkers, Moesha, and Family Matters.

After her relatively short stint in acting, she went home to Arkansas. In 2011, she re-emerged, and inked a deal with RCA Records to create her debut album. RCA Records is recognized as the flagship recording label of the Sony Music Entertainment. While working on her new album, she also managed to write for other artists.

As a musician, she has earned numerous songwriting credits. In fact, she has written songs for many world-renowned artists like Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis, Mariah Carey, Jordin Sparks, and Kelly Clarkson.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-29-at-3-04-09-PM.png

https://web.archive.org/web/20150711151134/http://www.musictimes.com/articles/42878/20150710/lucia-cole-dreams-fulfilled-drake-ariana-grande-tyler-perry-movie.htm

MT: Who will be featured on your new album?

LC: Me and Ariana Grande, we're gonna be doing a song together and Drake is also going to be in the album.

MT: How is it working with Ariana since there's this Mariah Carey influence you both share. What was that like working with her?

LC: It was awesome, I have worked with Ariana in the past on her first album and her second album so we have been knowing each other for a while. And I think she has an amazing voice and I think it's amazing that she's kind of bringing that '90s influence back to mainstream pop.

MT: What about working with Drake? Is there some direction that you told him what you wanted to hear from him or did you just let him write free?

LC: I just let him do him, be Drake. I think he's awesome at what he does. I also really would like to do a duet with an R&B singer. I haven't set it up yet but I would really like to work with Trey Songz, do a song with him. I really like his voice and I think he doesn't get enough credit vocally as an artist and I would love to have him on the album as well.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170907000342/https://bossip.com/1133779/bossip-exclusive-rb-singer-lucia-cole-talks-new-album-tyler-perry-and-rough-childhood/

Screen-Shot-2020-06-29-at-3-09-43-PM.png

Lucia_Cole__album__-_Wikipedia__the_free_encyclopedia.png

unnameda1uv4.png

She even would steal videos of people covering Jessica Simpson on YouTube, and then make fake accounts and re-upload them with the title claiming they were covering Lucia Cole to give herself fake fans. 

She even created fake relationships with football players to get more attention

https://web.archive.org/web/20170906233708/http://www.thecoli.com/threads/kenny-vaccaro-caught-cheating-on-babymomma-with-singer-lucia-cole.319541/

As previously reported, former Saints First Round Pick Kenny Vaccaro and hit songwriter/singer Lucia Cole had become very serious, with Cole even penning a heartfelt ballad titled "Heart" for the NFL baller. Yet, sources reveal to us that Cole is furious with Vaccaro, after it was revealed that he was still messing with his two children's mother, she even cancelled their planned appearance at the Billboard Music Awards. Lucia even penned her feelings about the situation in this leaked track from Deluxe Edition of her Innocence EP, coming out May 22.

She was also linked to another football player, who I believe was exposed to be a complete catfish account also created by the same person. 

They would submit fake news to blogs claiming the football player supposedly abused her :jonny5:

There was so much other stuff too, including to when the person finally confessed to faking it all, disappeared/deleted everything, then tried to AGAIN come back with Lucia Cole like nothing happened. They even later on were caught making another fake identity 

ATRL will never top this organic moment. Why?

Drama

Credit card girl outsold. 

Tropez

I thought credit card girl, and the Britney “knee” thread were better. 

But classic atrl is way better than what this current site is. 

iHype.
Just now, Drama said:

Credit card girl outsold. 

Just people buying things over and over again. Plus someone posting their credit card online has been viral on social media a bunch of times before. 

Lucia Cole was nothing like we ever seen and it was all shocking with each new development

TekBUGj.gif

jesus del rey
7 minutes ago, Tropez said:

This. At least open the classic atrl so we can read the classic threads again. I need to see "If pop girls were boats" thread again :jonny2:

rihannabiggestfan
11 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Stole Jessica Simpson songs and uploaded them to iTunes/Spotify/Apple Music under this imaginary artist

CJ0_Bel_EUw_AE6_P7_M.jpg

Her "All That Matters" is stolen too - the original is "You're All That Matters" by Queen Bre

iHype.
Just now, rihannabiggestfan said:

Her "All That Matters" is stolen too - the original is "You're All That Matters" by Queen Bre

I was just listening to that bop this morning, ngl. :ihype: If you still Shazam the song it actually shows up as Lucia Cole :deadbanana2:

-

The person even made a thread on a forum pretending she was in a relationship with a 45-year old music exec at 18... :ahh:

22 year old Singer/Songwiter Lucia Cole has been out promoting her new Single All That Matters thanks to her new recording contract with Universal and she also seems to be dropping juicy details of her public conflict with Sony Music Entertainment.

The singer was signed with RCA Records from 2011 to 2014, from which she released her top 5 dance chart hit "Front of Me", but her album was later shevled.

In a recent radio interview in Dallas, the singer gave this answer when questioned about her issues with Sony.

"It was just a really bad atmosphere for me. I've always been a very creative person and to placed into a box wasn't something that I was going to allow. A majority of the problems arose from a romantic relationship between myself and Keith Naftaly. Our age difference caused a rift, there's fault on both our parts, naturally he wanted to somewhat control my actions and lead me in a certain direction, which I allowed for awhile, until I was able to catch myself. You know how the story goes, if I didn't do what he wanted, my music wasn't going to be promoted, so it was passed time for us to part ways."

Mind you, there's a 27 year age difference between the two. At the time of the alleged relationship, Lucia was 18 and Keith was 45.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/singer-lucia-cole-confirms-relationship-with-sony-exec-keith-naftaly.309484/

Illuminati

I wish I was that old, I only witnessed Fergies manager seizing ATRL and skwonderfactory going to JAIL

TekBUGj.gif

Rider

ATRL doesn't usually top

TekBUGj.gif

rihannabiggestfan
1 minute ago, iHype. said:

I was just listening to that bop this morning, ngl. :ihype: If you still Shazam the song it actually shows up as Lucia Cole :deadbanana2:

-

The person even made a thread on a forum pretending she was in a relationship with a 45-year old music exec at 18... :ahh:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/singer-lucia-cole-confirms-relationship-with-sony-exec-keith-naftaly.309484/

Taste :clap3: the fact that people originally thought that was actually Lucia Cole and were like "oh, she can sing, so why are all the other songs stolen from Jessica?" :clown:

Honestly for me, the messiest part (other than the literal theft of music) was Shaq tweeting about her :bibliahh: literally wtf! 

But the fact that Bre's EP is actually really good :jonny6: there's a lot of upbeat Nelly Furtado - Loose-esque bops on it! I had to stan. I'm sad she didn't happen

https://music.apple.com/us/album/bre/269507244?i=269507838&ign-gact=3&ls=1

Drama
13 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Just people buying things over and over again. Plus someone posting their credit card online has been viral on social media a bunch of times before. 

Lucia Cole was nothing like we ever seen and it was all shocking with each new development

TekBUGj.gif

But would the rest of ATRL agree with you that this was the moment of all moments. This was a mess indeed , but still CC girl is more iconic regardless of the fact that it’s been done before. 

I mean I remember the “Gucci mane drags your faves thread” that went on for PAGES before I remembered this. 

but, still like I said, an overall mess :deadbanana: 

Cottonmouth

Wait, you can access classicTRL?

Lemme go search for the Ciara visits hospital thread

OT: I remember lurking and laughing my ass off. The fact Shaquille O'Neal gave her a shoutout on Twiiter :dies:

iHype.
3 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Taste :clap3: the fact that people originally thought that was actually Lucia Cole and were like "oh, she can sing, so why are all the other songs stolen from Jessica?" :clown:

Honestly for me, the messiest part (other than the literal theft of music) was Shaq tweeting about her :bibliahh: literally wtf! 

But the fact that Bre's EP is actually really good :jonny6: there's a lot of upbeat Nelly Furtado - Loose-esque bops on it! I had to stan. I'm sad she didn't happen

https://music.apple.com/us/album/bre/269507244?i=269507838&ign-gact=3&ls=1

Yeah, we were thinking MAYBE that song was actually somehow real because it was untraceable to any known artist. :deadbanana2: She would've actually been smart and maybe not have even gotten caught (atleast for fake music even if the fake identity was exposed) if she had just stole all her music from a completely unknown person like Bre. 

Shaq would literally promote her ass and we wondering if he was in on it and somehow knew about everything :ahh: He followed her and would talk to her too. I think maybe he just thought a hot new young artist was into him or something. Straight men are dumb.

Rev8
23 minutes ago, Tropez said:

wat is that

rihannabiggestfan

The archive link only going up to page 49 ... I can't even read through the whole thread anymore, ugh :skull: I should have printed the thread back then

Kavish

Anyone remember JessieJHeartbeat's thread about her breaking her leg to meet Jessie J and then she had to go to court for it. :rip:

discussion] Funniest thread ever made on ATRL? - The Lounge - ATRL

americanlife

Lucia's overrated.

iHype.
1 minute ago, americanlife said:

Lucia's overrated.

Lucia is a legend. Put some respect on her name.

Tropez
7 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

wat is that

Years ago, the Hive made a thread about why Britney cant use her knees, they then created the term Britknee and it changed the stan world since. The army didnt recover from that for a bit. 

But that thread had some of the greatest drags on both sides that Ive ever seen. 

Kavish

Anyway, ATRL is never topping anything again because we cannot have fun without getting warned anymore.

iHype.

Mods please don't warn me for this. :chick3:

iHype.
1 minute ago, Tropez said:

Years ago, the Hive made a thread about why Britney cant use her knees, they then created the term Britknee and it changed the stan world since. The army didnt recover from that for a bit. 

But that thread had some of the greatest drags on both sides that Ive ever seen. 

The Britney Jean HDD thread, then BEYONCE coming out like two weeks later :deadbanana2:

Ken Lee

My personal favourite will always be Fergie's manager :dies:

Hongbin
46 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

The archive link only going up to page 49 ... I can't even read through the whole thread anymore, ugh :skull: I should have printed the thread back then

Reminding me of this gem

beyonceknowles

oh wow lmaoooo 

MayorOfTrollTown

I knew this thread was going to be about Miss Cole nnn

Truly an ATRL icon :clap3: