Revolution

"POC Solidarity" is a myth

Revolution

Agree or disagree?

13219553_10153775115528897_1185565919_n.jpg?resize=807,806

jpow

You're going to find outliers to every community, we all know Azealia is self loathing and hates everyone including herself so IDK what your point with this is supposed to be?

PrettyHurts

Most black people would love to have solidarity with other POC but they are typically very anti-black as well. I wish we could all respect each other but they use black people as a punching bag to feel better about not being white themselves 

JonginBey

It is a myth, but using Azealia as an example is supposed to do what? 

Madame X

why are you using azealia as an example?

"solidarity" is not a myth, its a goal too

Trent W

Lol no community has solidarity.

White gays and white straights, which are the 2 biggest group enemies from this forum, hate each other too.

Rev8
1 hour ago, Madame X said:

"solidarity" is not a myth, its a goal

^

Violet Skye
1 hour ago, PrettyHurts said:

Most black people would love to have solidarity with other POC but they are typically very anti-black as well. I wish we could all respect each other but they use black people as a punching bag to feel better about not being white themselves 

I agree but the narrative that blacks only experience racism and aren't racists themselves is so untrue.  I've experienced the most racism from them as a POC.

jpow
1 hour ago, Violet Skye said:

I agree but the narrative that blacks only experience racism and aren't racists themselves is so untrue.  I've experienced the most racism from them as a POC.

Nobody really thinks that only black people experience racism, or that black people cannot be racist.

To be clear, it's white people that can't experience racism.  But all POC can experience racism.  Chinese Americans were subjected to awful remarks about COVID, Latinx Americans have been told to go back to their country and called rapists and murderers by our president, Native Americans have had their rights stripped away when the government invades their land to build pipelines.  

St. Francis

I agree

frenchyisback
On 6/28/2020 at 12:33 PM, PrettyHurts said:

So true! it's funny walk around DC &  all the people putting "minority owned" & "BlackLivesMatter" on their shop windows now. I think they are more afraid to get their store vandalized. But they probably share the same prejudice against black people than the police. They are often the 1st to call the police on black people for anythin...

I'd go into more details but people here are so dramatic & sensitive. I am gonna keep it cute and move on... :celestial3:

Edited by frenchyisback

VOSS

no. you'll always have people like azealia banks who spew racist bull**** but anyone who actually cares about justice will realize there will be a subset of each group (and this goes beyond just race) that are rotten eggs.  if you are a POC and see someone of a different race say something racist and immediately jump into this tribalism mindset and say "look? they hate us so why should i help them" then you are part of the problem.

Danny789

There’s racism and prejudice in every community that doesn’t mean solidarity is a myth. You can look at the recent protest to see that there’s a whole new generation ready to work together.