Anvarie

Black is King (Less than 24hrs)

MrLovett

The visuals look absolutely spectacular. I don't care that it's a year late, for The Gift. It looks incredibly powerful and important, hence why KKKTRL are in here complaining about her 'obsession with royalty' and it being a 'flop album'. She's got the racists mad and she's celebrating her community. I am here for it. :clap3:

Valentine
2 hours ago, Kingdom said:

Bey does not care. She isn't trying to sell the gift, she wants to complete her vision for her project. Its the perfect timing as well esp when we need to be reminded that BLACK PEOPLE are kings and royals in their own rights. Enjoy!!!

:clap3:

Cbreezy

Told yall!

Have been screaming in the Base that she shot at least two videos that hadn’t been mentioned yet.

Excited!

J-esper
2 hours ago, VOSS said:

her obsession with royalty is quite telling

On of the definition of Royalty

Spoiler

1 : the status or power of a king or queen or his or her family. 2 : members of the royal family of a king or queen.

Lions are known as the KING of the Jungle

The Gift is inspired by The Lion KING

The Lion King is inspired by different stories including Hamlet, a tragedy based on a KINGDOM

And you know The Gift is a celebration of Africa and Black Culture, tie it all together, and everything seems logical, yet according to you it is an obsession.

beyonce.jpg

Junlin

What is this? :rip: Imagine the backlash for white is queen. :skull:

SapphireSky
Posted (edited)

Do people still use Disney+?

Edited by SapphireSky

sadnews
3 minutes ago, Junlin said:

sounds like white.

I don't think you're smart enough to go there.

J-esper
5 minutes ago, Junlin said:

Ofcourse there would be backlash, nobody needs Karen: The Movie

giphy.gif

B'Day

Wow, I love my culture. :heart2: 

Mariano

Does that mean she doesn't have the Netflix deal anymore or what? I'm confused :rip: 

Young In Love

i really respect her for standing for her art and not just pretending it didn't happen if it wasn't as successful as expected :clap3:

it would be everything if my faves kept releasing a video for every song from the album :jonny5:

MrLovett
2 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Does that mean she doesn't have the Netflix deal anymore or what? I'm confused :rip: 

She has deals with both platforms. A $60M deal with Netflix and $100M deal with Disney.

Mariano
7 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

She has deals with both platforms. A $60M deal with Netflix and $100M deal with Disney.

Are you sure? I don't think so tbh, pretty sure the netflix one is off the table now, hence why she is doing one with Disney. 

Unless you wanna tell me she'll do 2-3 more netflix specials + several projects on Disney while also releasing albums and stuff in the next few years?  Nah. 

Also why would Netflix or Disney want to share Beyonce? The point of a deal like this is the exclusivity.  But I could be wrong, I just expected a Netflix project all this time and we keep getting Disney + :rip: 

azii
36 minutes ago, Junlin said:

YPmeji7.gif 

Kisuke
1 minute ago, Mariano said:

Are you sure? I don't think so tbh, pretty sure the netflix one is off the table now, hence why she is doing one with Disney. 

Unless you wanna tell me she'll do 2-3 more netflix specials + several projects on Disney while also releasing albums and stuff in the next few years?  Nah. 

Also why would Netflix or Disney want to share Beyonce? The point of a deal like this is the exclusivity.  But I could be wrong, I just expected a Netflix project all this time and we keep getting Disney + :rip: 

She has 2 more projects with netflix.

tbvczlfq.gife

MrLovett
1 minute ago, Mariano said:

Her Netflix deal is confirmed, she has two more projects to release with them. The $100M Disney deal was rumoured recently and with this release, it now seems accurate. Neither deal was described as exclusive, just a partnership.

Many actors/producers have deals with multiple platforms, particularly with something like Disney and Netflix they have different demographics and types of content.

NeuralBridge

Is this going to be the album? I hate disney+ btw, its boring and homophobic :(

Mariano
Just now, Kisuke said:

She has 2 more projects with netflix.

tbvczlfq.gife

Mess okay then, I am excited, I honestly haven't heard anything about the netflix deal for so long and seeing her working with Disney made me think that maybe the Netflix deal was over or something cuz she got a better one on Disney. 

I guess we'll see

tbvczlfq.gif

MrLovett
Just now, NeuralBridge said:

Is this going to be the album? I hate disney+ btw, its boring and homophobic :(

It's for The Gift, which came out last year. Disney+ also isn't homophobic. :ace:

Mariano
2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Her Netflix deal is confirmed, she has two more projects to release with them. The $100M Disney deal was rumoured recently and with this release, it now seems accurate. Neither deal was described as exclusive, just a partnership.

Many actors/producers have deals with multiple platforms, particularly with something like Disney and Netflix they have different demographics and types of content.

okay that makes sense, I really thought the Netflix deal was exclusive or something idk. I feel like her next solo album is definitely going to be on Netflix as a film/special like Lemonade, hopefully not on Disney+ :rip: 

MrLovett
Just now, Mariano said:

okay that makes sense, I really thought the Netflix deal was exclusive or something idk. I feel like her next solo album is definitely going to be on Netflix as a film/special like Lemonade, hopefully not on Disney+ :rip: 

I would imagine that she would release through Netflix, if either, for her upcoming solo album. At least with The Gift it's tied to Disney content, so it makes sense to be on that platform. I have subscriptions with both, so I'm excited either way. :duca:

Cbreezy
Just now, MrLovett said:

@MrLovett and @Mariano, you both make valid points. 

I've been wondering the same. 

I'm pretty sure that this falls within the remit of her original Lion King deal and it now kinda makes even more sense why her promo was so laissez faire at the time. She was on some other ish aka THIS!

As for Netflix, they seem to be the vehicle for her "Beyonce, business as usual" self. So I still expect B7 via that medium. She'd be silly to jump off that train as they are the clear market leader in streaming. 

MrLovett
1 minute ago, NeuralBridge said:

That doesn't make Disney+ homophobic. :skull: That's an incredibly simplistic and small minded way to look at the reasoning why Love, Victor changed platforms. :ace: With actual homophobia going on in the world, reaching for moments like this are wholly unnecessary.

Mariano
3 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I would imagine that she would release through Netflix, if either, for her upcoming solo album. At least with The Gift it's tied to Disney content, so it makes sense to be on that platform. I have subscriptions with both, so I'm excited either way. :duca:

2 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

@MrLovett and @Mariano, you both make valid points. 

I've been wondering the same. 

I'm pretty sure that this falls within the remit of her original Lion King deal and it now kinda makes even more sense why her promo was so laissez faire at the time. She was on some other ish aka THIS!

As for Netflix, they seem to be the vehicle for her "Beyonce, business as usual" self. So I still expect B7 via that medium. She'd be silly to jump off that train as they are the clear market leader in streaming. 

Yeah I guess this makes the most sense. I want her to also have a normal album cycle for once though, but a Lemonade-like experience on Netflix would be everything too so I'm excited!