Anvarie

Black is King (Less than 24hrs)

MrLovett
1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

I was not trying to drag. I literally expected it to be a bigger event. 

You probably did too, but it's not her fault. I guess Disney is just not big enough yet. She should've gone with Netflix. 

Nope, this precisely how big I was expecting it to be. Dominating social media trends and headlines, plus receiving great reviews.

Beyoncé already has a contract with Netflix, for $60M. This is part of her $100M contract with Disney. I’m sure she’s good for the business advice. Thanks anyway!

Shinning

So I only had the opportunity to watch it now and I am speechless :jonny:

The production :jonny:The budget :jonny5:The amazing detailed costuming throughout the whole thing :jonny2:

She is truly ahead of the rest of the industry when it comes to visuals. The amount of effort and coordination and creative collaboration to pull this off. And the fashion was just SO amazing. The Find Your Way Back and My Power visuals :jonny4:

Only criticism I can give it is I would've liked more choreo in some songs specifically Find Your Way Back and Mood 4Eva. But they were still amazing.

Disconnect
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Shinning said:

So I only had the opportunity to watch it now and I am speechless :jonny:

The production :jonny:The budget :jonny5:The amazing detailed costuming throughout the whole thing :jonny2:

She is truly ahead of the rest of the industry when it comes to visuals. The amount of effort and coordination and creative collaboration to pull this off. And the fashion was just SO amazing. The Find Your Way Back and My Power visuals :jonny4:

Only criticism I can give it is I would've liked more choreo in some songs specifically Find Your Way Back and Mood 4Eva. But they were still amazing.

1 word: Q U E E N

BTW, does anyone know where I could watch it I'm not from the USA & therefore don't have access to Disney+?

Edited by Disconnect

Disconnect
On 6/28/2020 at 7:44 AM, Lil Mxnster said:

Ugh, The Gift vibes... :rip:

:ahh::ahh::ahh:

St. Francis

This is her best visual album.

trainsskyscrapers

@ATRL Administration / @ATRL FeedbackCan this thread be merged with the other "Black Is King" threads in Celebria and added to the "Black Is King" thread in Entertainment?

Thank you. (Not sure if I tagged the right accounts)

Otter
On 7/31/2020 at 11:56 PM, ***** of Babylon said:

wh*re  or not, i promise you, nobody outside the hive staying for this past minute 20, and even that's generous. this is a bunch of glamour shots strung together trying to connect a narrative we all already know and all too well. it's as pointless and derivative as the remake that inspired it. deflect all you want, this is DOA

It really stands on its own as a visual album centered around African diaspora, but anyone expecting a narrative driven film with performances will surely switch off or be taken by surprise. Take it for what it is (not a feature film) and its a beautiful piece of work but it's appeal is going to be limited. 

19 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

I was not trying to drag. I literally expected it to be a bigger event. 

You probably did too, but it's not her fault. I guess Disney is just not big enough yet. She should've gone with Netflix. 

This + It's not a traditional film, appeal wise its a step above a concept film like Homecoming but unfortunately it won't have the 1/10th the reach of that project. 

Queenyoncee

The Dance Break in My Power :jonny:

letscauseascene1

IF ANYTHING, this film deserves nominations in all the technical categories. Most specifically: Editing, and Cinematography. To deny the film that praise at the very least, I mean, c'mon......