RULES
5 minutes ago, Fireman25 said:

Who is watching it. It's on right now. The 1999 VMAS is next

Why are they doing this? Random 

Fireman25

who watching the 1999 VMAs?! damn! times were different back then

Green

I watched it this morning in MTV latin America

Fred Durst and his Limp Bizkit bandmate were so cringe when they presented Best Pop Video

get_well_soon

The “Fatboy Slim looks ******ed” and Limp Bizkit making the comment about Heather Locklear’s breasts would not go over well in 2020.  Also, Madonna looks pissed.  Especially when Lauryn Hill received her award. 

Ivan_brit

Im watching the 1999 VMAs they are pretty decent!! Those are the best MTV Years 1999-2004 :flame:

The amout of artist that fade away & the ones who are still here in 2020:alexz:

Fireman25
1 hour ago, get_well_soon said:

The “Fatboy Slim looks ******ed” and Limp Bizkit making the comment about Heather Locklear’s breasts would not go over well in 2020.  Also, Madonna looks pissed.  Especially when Lauryn Hill received her award. 

Girl! after watching it, ALOT of stuff would have gotten backlash in 2020. 

Arcadius

People are tearing apart that Macy skit. Now I see why the idea of airing old shows will never work with today’s climate.

Rev8
12 hours ago, get_well_soon said:

her award :eli:

raven

is anyone watching TRL right now? 

PopMusicJunkie

Instead of airing Ridiculousness all damn day, MTV really should just air nothing but shows & special events from their vault.  

The Flashback Friday gave me life.  :jonny5:

andresg770

Last night was the most I've ever seen anyone talk about MTV on social media in a LONG time.  Hopefully this is reflected in the ratings and social media engagement, so we get more of this.  Or hell, at the very least have them add this sort of content to streaming services -- they have enough to make their own service tbh, but Lord knows we don't need yet another one of those...

Universo

omg yeah I saw the 1999 VMA's too

I screamed at Madonna's face when Lauryn Hill won for Best Female :lmao: Janet was stanning tho

Mellark

MTV has gone to **** because all they do is Ridiculousness runs 24/7. I swear Rob must get some strong ass royalties for that show because that is all they air. I mean, if they airing old stuff for nostalgia... then the ratings are strong probably. But people in 2020 are more aware of what's wrong and right so they are probably better off airing Ridiculousness runs 24/7 because that is what they do. 24/7.