Halo 800m Spotify

Medonerpls

That was a classic, that was a classic :clap3:

a shame that it never went #1, even more shocking that it only went #5 :deadbanana:

Who cares if it didn’t go #1, it still out-streamed every/most #1s by a female that year, 2010, 2011, and 2012:clap3: 

Coming for 1B by mid-2021 and will match “Lose Yourself”. 

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

27 minutes ago, Medonerpls said:

a shame that it never went #1, even more shocking that it only went #5 :deadbanana:

Anyone know the top 4(s) above it?

liberalmusiclover

A classic a classic. REMEMBERED. Still even in commercials  :clap3:

Well I was kinda bitter in 2009 that Halo wasn't the smash hit it supposed to be

But time is the ultimate truth teller. A classic :clap3: :clap3: 

Deserved. :clap3:  This is the Beyonce I and the GP want. The one who used her vocals to sing and not rap or whatever she does these days.

ALso, just goes to show that you don't need #1s to serve longevity and impact

10 hours ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Other classics that are still remembered today as well. 

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/2009-05-23

This list makes me nostalgic. All those songs from 1 to 25(that's where I stopped looking) were huge hits. I knew and enjoyed them all as  a teenager, I have become a bitter oldie and I hate most of the songs out now.

This is massive :deadbanana: the GP has spoken, Miss Carter. The want pop-Sasha.

Beyoncé can smash with pop songs, but she has other priorities. She wants to empower her people. 

On 6/26/2020 at 7:14 PM, Sept said:

Well I was kinda bitter in 2009 that Halo wasn't the smash hit it supposed to be

But time is the ultimate truth teller. A classic :clap3: :clap3: 

but Halo was a smash hit in 2009, it just has endured and remained big given the illusion that it was a flop or underperformance back then and all of a sudden massive now. No, talent shows just refuse to let the song die but this is a good thing because it gives her a signature hit ballad.

On 6/26/2020 at 7:26 PM, vince_martin88 said:

Deserved. :clap3:  This is the Beyonce I and the GP want. The one who used her vocals to sing and not rap or whatever she does these days.

Also, just goes to show that you don't need #1s to serve longevity and impact

Yes, now think about Beyoncé's whole career in this context. That is the bottom line, not always what you or what you perceive to be the GP wants.

16 hours ago, Stallo said:

This is massive :deadbanana: the GP has spoken, Miss Carter. The want pop-Sasha.

She's served plenty of pop songs since then. Most just didn't reach their commercial potential for various reasons.

13 hours ago, Embustera said:

Beyoncé can smash with pop songs, but she has other priorities. She wants to empower her people. 

Exactly, she wants and has been doing lots of transformative things with her art in the last 7 years. Her career isn't any less important or successful in the broadest of terms, just because she doesn't prioritize radio hits above all else. She's a long term thinker and visionary and has always tried to be but had limitations placed on her in her youth. Even so commercially, she's had one of the most successful careers in music in every area. She has paid her dues twice over. I say let the woman live a bit.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.