Me & My Hits

Can Demi get a LYTLM/TUN sized hit?

Me & My Hits
Posted (edited)

Demi wasted her hype and momentum on Anyone which was performed on the biggest award shows the Grammys.Then her real comeback single ILM only debuted 2.4M #38 on the global spotify chart. 

She already tried it with her past releases with Skyscraper, Anyone, Sober after getting out of rehab. But sadly they didn't take off. So far from the new releases, nothing touches LYTLM/TUN numbers.

We all know Demi has a potential with the right song and promo (SNS) 

Do you think Demi and Scooter can top LYTLM or TUN?

Edited by Me & My Hits

rihannabiggestfan

She already has. Lose You to Love Me is about to drop out of the charts after its 23rd week. Sorry Not Sorry charted for 36 weeks

Mr. Duff

This is essentially the same thread as "Will Demi ever have a #1?" and with what I said previously, anything is possible but the girl must really find her sound.

Selenashunty
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

She already has. Lose You to Love Me is about to drop out of the charts after its 23rd week. Sorry Not Sorry charted for 36 weeks

LYTLM spend like 10 weeks inside the top 10. SNS peaked #6 and free falled :michael:

I dont think Demi will ever get one. 

Edited by Selenashunty

Rebible

can pigs fly? the answer is no

yamiyuuuu

LYTLM is nowhere near TUN level wyd :rip:

SNS is bigger than LYTLM

KillingYourCareer

Sorry Not Sorry is far bigger than LYTLM in the US! But TUN level, it's near impossible for her. Her vocal power is unfortunately not in demand with the current music trends.

Revenge

Not you trying to sneak LYTLM in with the monster smash that was TUN :rip:

Don’t you ever get bored of making the same flamebait Demi threads every week? 

aliwonderland

TUN? No. LYTLM? yes with the right song

Revenge
47 minutes ago, Selenashunty said:

LYTLM spend like 10 weeks inside the top 10. SNS peaked #6 and free falled :michael:

I dont think Demi will ever get one. 

SNS was released in July 2017 and peaked on Billboard at #6 in November :rip: please explain how a song that manages to to climb its way up the charts to peak 4 months after its release a “free fall”? A free fall is something that peaks high then tumbles like Trollz for example.

the song spent 36 weeks on the chart and only left because it went recurrent, it was on BBYE list for 2017 and 2018, is 7x Platinum Eligible in the US and 12M+ copies worldwide :rip: 

RudeBoy93

I see her getting Alessia cara Meghan trainer number going forward. She isn’t a full package because her personal life over shadows what little talent she has left 

ariananext
34 minutes ago, yamiyuuuu said:

LYTLM is nowhere near TUN level wyd :rip:

SNS is bigger than LYTLM

12 minutes ago, Revenge said:

Not you trying to sneak LYTLM in with the monster smash that was TUN :rip:

Don’t you ever get bored of making the same flamebait Demi threads every week? 

10 minutes ago, aliwonderland said:

TUN? No. LYTLM? yes with the right song

!

Jooj

Sorry Not Sorry is bigger than LYTLM so...

Sad Serenade

demi's stans bringing a 2017 single which was a fluke because she can't enter the top 10 or even the top 15 after SNS.

I expected a #1 with her comeback after the overdose but she can't and she failed 3 times in a row with her recent singles.

Her peers has already achieved a #1 and multiple Top 10 massive hits while she failed. I don't think she will ever get a huge hit or era on her own.

LustSpell
Posted (edited)

I kinda feel SNS was a bigger hit than LYTLM though? LYTLM had a higher peak but SNS lasted extremely long & got good sales. TUN is no where attainable for her sorry

Edited by LustSpell

Selenashunty
26 minutes ago, Revenge said:

SNS was released in July 2017 and peaked on Billboard at #6 in November :rip: please explain how a song that manages to to climb its way up the charts to peak 4 months after its release a “free fall”? A free fall is something that peaks high then tumbles like Trollz for example.

the song spent 36 weeks on the chart and only left because it went recurrent, it was on BBYE list for 2017 and 2018, is 7x Platinum Eligible in the US and 12M+ copies worldwide :rip: 

41 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Sorry Not Sorry is far bigger than LYTLM in the US! But TUN level, it's near impossible for her. Her vocal power is unfortunately not in demand with the current music trends.

17 minutes ago, Jooj said:

Sorry Not Sorry is bigger than LYTLM so...

I'm sorry I like Demi but SNS success is overrated

LYTLM chart run: #1-#5-#5-#6-#6-#7-#9-#10

SNS chart run: #6-#9-#10-#10

The only reason why LYTLM didn't chart longer than it should've because Interscope pulled it out on the radio to push Rare. I don't even wanna start wih the WW receipts :michael:

Its unfair to compare her 3 years single to Selena's 9 months single. Why don't we compare her actual 2020 singles then?

KillingYourCareer
1 minute ago, Selenashunty said:

I'm sorry I like Demi but SNS success is overrated

LYTLM chart run: #1-#5-#5-#6-#6-#7-#9-#10

SNS chart run: #6-#9-#10-#10

The only reason why LYTLM didn't chart longer than it should've because Interscope pulled it out on the radio to push Rare. I don't even wanna start wih the WW receipts :michael:

Its unfair to compare her 3 years single to Selena's 9 months single. Why don't we compare her actual 2020 singles then?

Sorry Not Sorry is 5x Platinum in the US, while LYTLM has yet to cross the two million unit mark afaik!

gr33dy4Ari

TUN is a career-defining somg. Arguably, Selena has way bigger songs than LYTLM even if it peaked at #1. Hence, they aren’t the same.

OT: If she releases a good song, I don’t see why not. A LYTLM-sized hit is not impossible granted that the material is listenable and is promoted well-enough. A TUN-sized hit? There’s less likelihood of that happening, not even Selena can achieve that.

ariananext

it's not so easy, first of all she should be putting in the same effort as selena, doing lots of photo shoots, be a multiple brands ambassador, tons of interviews around the world, a high profile performance (that's not a problem for her), have one of the hottest producers on the track, a better position in playlists than her previous releases (even boyfriend was higher than ILM on TTH), don't wanna sound nasty but - get a look, the better she's ever looked was at the end of the TMYLM era, i'm not talking about her weight but more about her clothes/makeup/hair, as much as it can be wrong people are more inclined to like attractive people 

TUN smashed immediately without much promo besides playlisting and swipe ups so it's not the same thing, that's not something you can do if you're not on a certain level

ReverseWarholian

SNS exists.

Selenashunty
1 minute ago, ReverseWarholian said:

SNS exists.

SNS outside the US

UK: #6

Australia: #8

Canada: #18

Germany: #62

Denmark: #33

Norway: #17

Portugal: #17

Sweden: #34

LYTLM outside the US

UK: #3

Australia: #2

Canada: #5

Germany: #7

Denmark: #8

Norway: #2

Sweden' #6

Portugal: #4

brraap

I don’t even know if she is that suited to pop in the same way that they are. She should go the poprock route which worked very well for her 

Jooj
39 minutes ago, Selenashunty said:

SNS outside the US

UK: #6

Australia: #8

Canada: #18

Germany: #62

Denmark: #33

Norway: #17

Portugal: #17

Sweden: #34

LYTLM outside the US

UK: #3

Australia: #2

Canada: #5

Germany: #7

Denmark: #8

Norway: #2

Sweden' #6

Portugal: #4

Its all about chart runs, not peaks. SNS has plenty of certifications WW and even if Selenas song is bigger outside the US, SNS remains the bigger song.

MadonnasBoyfriend

I dont know why she doesnt release more neon lights type of songs. it would force me to like her a little bit

Fnooky

Demi already did. SNS is 5xP in the US which will be on par with LYTLM when all is said and done.

TUN is just another level.