Caesar

Do you wear a mask? why?

Caesar

While watching mutuals instagram stories (specifically those in the south), I saw a couple people not wear masks.

It made me wonder, how many people on ATRL wear masks? If you do/don't, why?

Tm0N2Vp.gif

Petty Bourgeoisie

cuz I’m ugly

Tm0N2Vp.gif

bleuwaffle

duh, i'm not trynna die yet

Illuminati

I did during the quarantine when it was enforced here. Everyone wore them, in fact, so it felt appropriate. Might be part of the reason we got over it so fast.

Caesar
1 minute ago, Illuminati said:

I did during the quarantine when it was enforced here. Everyone wore them, in fact, so it felt appropriate. Might be part of the reason we got over it so fast.

So you dont wear them anymore

Tm0N2Vp.gif

Illuminati
Just now, Caesar said:

So you dont wear them anymore

Tm0N2Vp.gif

I'm tempted because I'm ugly but we don't need to anymore because the active cases in my city of 100k people are down to like 0

Tm0N2Vp.gif

éclat

I do because a little thing called corona is in town. 

citizen

The World Health Organization said specifically that wearing a mask can increase infection.

Fully qualified doctors are filling the internet explaining how wearing masks is going to increase illness and infection.

You won't see any of this on CNN / MSNBC / ABC / NY Times / Washington Post / Twitter's top posts.

americanlife

Yes because it’s required. I didn’t start wearing one until mid-April though.

Tm0N2Vp.gif

Caesar
2 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

I'm tempted because I'm ugly but we don't need to anymore because the active cases in my city of 100k people are down to like 0

Tm0N2Vp.gif

oh wow, legends

Tm0N2Vp.gif

Caesar
1 minute ago, citizen said:

The World Health Organization said specifically that wearing a mask can increase infection.

Fully qualified doctors are filling the internet explaining how wearing masks is going to increase illness and infection.

You won't see any of this on CNN / MSNBC / ABC / NY Times / Washington Post / Twitter's top posts.

thank you for keeping us informed king

Tm0N2Vp.gif

éclat
1 minute ago, citizen said:

Hmm tell me what you think of 5G :giraffe: 

citizen
8 minutes ago, bleuwaffle said:

duh, i'm not trynna die yet

2 minutes ago, éclat said:

I do because a little thing called corona is in town. 

Seriously?

How many times do you have to be told that masks don't protect you from getting the disease?

Espresso

I wear one at work because it's required. It's cloth. I'm changing to one with a filter in the fall. They're installing a plexiglass protector for me for the fall.  

I literally don't go out in public anymore except for walks in parks when there aren't that many ppl around.

If I will have to go in a high traffic area I will wear an N95 from my stock of a few I got in March and also wear a face shield. 

I'd wear an N95 daily if they were available. I wear it because of the science around masks providing some benefit. Social distancing combined with it's better though. 

ZIVERT

Yes because I care about myself and the people around me

citizen
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, éclat said:

What a dangerous mindset you've adapted. Did the mainstream media tell you to ridicule anyone who suggests they're dishonest? Well done you.

Edited by citizen

shookspeare

when i go grocery shopping, otherwise no. i live out in the middle of nowhere 

i HATE wearing a mask tho, it covers up my lower face and ruins my jawline which is kinda my best feature 

Tm0N2Vp.gif

JBJT2786
Just now, citizen said:

Seriously?

How many times do you have to be told that masks don't protect you from getting the disease?

^

Ignore this people Its a troll ( and oh yea....im knocking you down every thread you on) Do not engage.

OT: i live with two people over the age of 65. Its a matter of their safety more than mines.

Illuminati
5 minutes ago, citizen said:

You don't wear masks to protect yourself, it's to protect others in case you're already infected and spreading miss rona without knowing

Tm0N2Vp.gif

Caesar
3 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I wear one at work because it's required. It's cloth. I'm changing to one with a filter in the fall. They're installing a plexiglass protector for me for the fall.  

I literally don't go out in public anymore except for walks in parks when there aren't that many ppl around.

If I will have to go in a high traffic area I will wear an N95 from my stock of a few I got in March and also wear a face shield. 

I'd wear an N95 daily if they were available. I wear it because of the science around masks providing some benefit. Social distancing combined with it's better though. 

is the filter one really better? i've seen it popping up on advertisements. don't see the difference between the filter one and a regular mask

Espresso
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, citizen said:

Going through your forum history to report all your posts for flamebait is exhausting but if I have to daily to finally get you permabanned I will. 

The literal statement from WHO you're referring to which I just read goes on to detail that it's referring to in this instance of "increasing infection" is to people that don't clean their masks if their cloth nor change them out and keep them in a clean place if they're non-washable (such as an N95).

Edited by Espresso

Sanguine

Yes, anytime I’m out. And whenever I am there’s always a ton of people not wearing them :biblio:

BIAATCH
4 minutes ago, citizen said:

Seriously?

I bet you think that you will die because of hypoxia while wearing a mask:priceless:

citizen
6 minutes ago, éclat said:

Oh, also, so are you going against the World Health Organization? The WHO explicitly tweeted and said that masks increase infection. So go on, tell us all why you're saying the WHO lied?

SoulKiwi
Posted (edited)

I'm young and healthy, so I'd probably survive catching COVID-19, but I currently live at home with two elderly individuals who wouldn't fare as well as I.

So yes, I wear a mask.

Tm0N2Vp.gif

Edited by SoulKiwi