The US: COVID-19 spiraling out of control

Sergi91

I feel like citizen and thatGUY are the same person :biblio:

——

OT how tragic that we have to close states again :fish2:

JasperX
5 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Leaders of the WORLD!

And Covid wants to throw the wonderful life that god created out of the door :giraffe: 

TipToe

it seems like people in general decided they have to live with covid and at this rate i wonder how many people a vaccine will truly benefit in the end :rip: i mean i'm sure the people who can afford to stay at home all this time is the absolute minority.

Coklek92

7aE3f3D.jpg

Latest projection by IHME https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

179,106 deaths by October 1 but the bad news is that current trend has surpassed the projection. It has been estimated that Covid-19 deaths in the USA on June 24 should be at 120,802 but latest update put it at 124,281 - almost 4,000 excess deaths :deadbanana4:

Penny.

:doc:

Cas

Not 90% of the posters here falling for the obvious troll bait. 

Caesar
7 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Leaders of the WORLD!

the fact that this is real :skull: 

Lose My Breath
8 hours ago, citizen said:

CNN propaganda.

Stop trusting CNN. The future of humanity depends on it.

You stay saying stupid ****, like these are quotes from the governor of Texas. 

This is about a serious virus that is killing hundreds of thousands of people and it’s poorly managed in the US because of people like you. 

slik
Posted (edited)

We are so ****ed

Wear masks and wash your hands

Edited by slik

So'Unique Miracle
9 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Leaders of the WORLD!

:ahh:

The south is so ****ed :skull:

MusicLoverDude

Not surprised. People cared way too much about hurrying re-opening and it is backfiring. Plus the idiots that refuse to wear masks or protested like idiots 

Bbmm

Well I just went back to work in a mall last week won’t be surprised if we don’t last another couple weeks. 
tenor.gif

Adonis
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Leaders of the WORLD!

Trump supporters. LMAO!!!! Conservative media has these people's brains all fuq`d up!

That was a whole other level of stupid. I guess let the virus do its thing but keep the south in the south I guess. I actually feel sorry for these people because you can see their brains are all fuq`d up. 

:huh:

Edited by Adonis

katykater

The Corona panic might lead to lockdowns, the closing of state borders,... Cancelling the Summer being the driving season, aviation in the US and from/to the US can be cancelled too. Oil price down the drain.

Let's fan the flames like how Pentagon has put Huawei in the watch-out-for-being-controlled-by-the-Chinese-military list.

A cocktail of COVID-19, protectionism and politics. Interesting times.

9 hours ago, Rihab95 said:

Reporting facts and trying to save lives being 'anti-conservative'. :doc:

Trump truly damaged the Republican Party for decades to come.

Would it be as destructive as Black Wednesday that ended the Tories in 1992 till they could make a comeback in 2010?

Apply a little bit of natural selection on the anti-science and other backward thoughts. There is the potential of removing 2 million Republican voters from the equation.

8 hours ago, Mother Earth said:

Americans, especially white Americans, have the American exceptionalism complex that you should be allowed to do anything you want, no matter the detriment to other people, because this is the "land of the free" or whatever. But that's really why you have people who refuse to use masks or stay inside, because freedom.

It also doesn't help that Trump started the notion of "fake news", where you can just disregard any information you don't like as fake. There are way too many Americans that either don't think this virus is real or don't understand the severity of it due to politics.

Who would have thought that society can go backwards?

The US is founded on deculturalisation, throwing out the arts, science,... and creating weird interpretations of religion, more distrust, conspiracies, more violence, ad hoc home made organizations (it can mean anything like organisations based on white supremacy, lies, propaganda,...),... to replace the old institutions.

Turner set up an evolutionary model (he had studied evolution with a leading geologist, Thomas Chrowder Chamberlin), using the time dimension of American history, and the geographical space of the land that became the United States.[13][14] The first settlers who arrived on the east coast in the 17th century acted and thought like Europeans. They adapted to the new physical, economic and political environment in certain ways—the cumulative effect of these adaptations was Americanization.

Successive generations moved further inland, shifting the lines of settlement and wilderness, but preserving the essential tension between the two. European characteristics fell by the wayside and the old country's institutions (e.g., established churches, established aristocracies, standing armies, intrusive government, and highly unequal land distribution) were increasingly out of place. Every generation moved further west and became more American, more democratic, and more intolerant of hierarchy. They also became more violent, more individualistic, more distrustful of authority, less artistic, less scientific, and more dependent on ad-hoc organizations they formed themselves. In broad terms, the further west, the more American the community.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_thesis#Evolution

Trump exploited the origins of American identity, way of life,... Exactly those origins are backfiring and causing that the Americans to be like this way, are still tearing down legitimate institutions and be very afraid of European ideas.

Ananas
13 hours ago, Rihab95 said:

Reporting facts and trying to save lives being 'anti-conservative'. :doc:

Trump truly damaged the Republican Party for decades to come.

This is what I mean when I say conservatives are ****ing stupid and on the wrong side of EVERY DAMN ISSUE that should be COMMON SENSE. The way the vast majority of them are racist, homophobic disasters who believe climate change isn’t real and COVID is fake news like WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THEM

This is why I can never be friends with a Republican. Worms for brains. Why is it even a party? Morons

cOe

The US is the Rat of this pandemic, smh

frenchyisback
13 hours ago, CovalentBondage said:

Can these people be banned from ATRL and the world? 

We need a 0 TOLERANCE POLICY for virus deniers..

BreatheGaga

Over 2k deaths reported in the US today :deadbanana4:

Antonini
23 hours ago, citizen said:

CNN propaganda.

The republican governor said this himself. Get your head out of that dirty a$$ of yours please. Swear people like you call others sheep then believe whatever some internet trolls tell them. It’s laughable. 

19SLAYty9
On 6/24/2020 at 4:28 PM, citizen said:

CNN propaganda.

Any response?

DoctorIce

I cannot believe the prevalence of conspiracy theories about this disease in the US. :doc:

As if it isn't one in a long line of coronaviruses, something that can be objectively verified by anybody if they have the will and the knowledge.

The fact that people aren't wearing masks in public because they think it's more important to make a point of pRaCtIsInG fReEdOm.

I don't want to say Darwinism, but Darwinism. 

Maybe they'll have learnt their lesson by the next pandemic in 100 years, providing it hasn't become a third world country by that point.

cancer
On 6/24/2020 at 1:28 PM, citizen said:

CNN propaganda.

politicizing a pandemic?

poor you :sadviolin:

Cryptique

U.S is on its 2nd wave this JUNE

Dula Peep

The only way to prevent further spread while opening is mass testing and contact tracing... which....yeah that's not gonna happen here. :shakeno: The US has really f*ed that up. 

The other is forcing complete isolation.

Our only hope is a vaccine or treatment :michael:

People are laughing at the US now... but numbers will increase around the world as things start to open back up. There's no stopping this virus. :michael:

Buddy!
1 hour ago, Cryptique said:

U.S is on its 2nd wave this JUNE

This is still the first wave :rip: