LuLuDrops

Montenegro Passes Civil Union Law 🌈

LuLuDrops
Posted (edited)

Edited by LuLuDrops

KillingYourCareer

The Serbian minority parties better not sabotage this time!

Live To Tell

Homophobes losing again and again:soda:

frenchyisback

So weird the way religious US has been ahead of Europe on same sex marriage & adoption.

Outlaws

Really? Montenegro? :eek: nice. 

Let me book my holidays in Kotor right now.

LuLuDrops
45 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

The Serbian minority parties better not sabotage this time!

It only failed by 3 votes last time :skull: and the tall tales from people absent during voting serving Trump spokesperson spin teas

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&nv=1&pto=aue&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vijesti.me/amp/444877/sdp-cuti-da-li-ce-podrzati-istopolne-parove&usg=ALkJrhic-E9-eoWserofmmF_lZrVZLIWbQ

Hoping for at least 41 MPs to really vote Yes :jonny6:

Dante

It's a propagand. 

They have a huge issue of sexism to deal with. This proLGBT talk is all -talk-.

Rev8

Lets hope!

KillingYourCareer
1 hour ago, Dante said:

It's a propagand. 

They have a huge issue of sexism to deal with. This proLGBT talk is all -talk-.

That might be true for the country bordering Montenegro you're from (where they even proposed civil unions two years ago, but as you said it was all ~talk~). But Montenegro seems to be trying so hard to become the next (and last ever) EU member, so I think this civil union law will be passed soon. Also, just like Croatia, they heavily rely on tourism and want to sell an image of peace and acceptance, this law will only do them favors and that's why the main party supports it.

HumanitySector
1 hour ago, Outlaws said:

Really? Montenegro? :eek: nice. 

Let me book my holidays in Kotor right now.

Don't get fooled by this, Montenegro is hugely homophobic, even more so than some of its surrounding states. :chick3:

Dante
2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

That might be true for the country bordering Montenegro you're from (where they even proposed civil unions two years ago, but as you said it was all ~talk~). But Montenegro seems to be trying so hard to become the next (and last ever) EU member, so I think this civil union law will be passed soon. Also, just like Croatia, they heavily rely on tourism and want to sell an image of peace and acceptance, this law will only do them favors and that's why the main party supports it.

Well its clear they all do it to get into EU. I am not talking about that or the -image- i am talking about the actual lives of LGBT people and that this is worthless in that aspect. Just like in croatia. Civil unions have no point since everyone is still extremely homophobic and no one feels safe and comfortable to come out or have a normal life as a lgbt person. By reading this someone would think this is an improvement. But actual montenegrin families have a hard time accepting a female baby/child, so you can guess how they feel about LGBT people. 

KillingYourCareer
1 minute ago, Dante said:

Well its clear they all do it to get into EU. I am not talking about that or the -image- i am talking about the actual lives of LGBT people and that this is worthless in that aspect. Just like in croatia. Civil unions have no point since everyone is still extremely homophobic and no one feels safe and comfortable to come out or have a normal life as a lgbt person. By reading this someone would think this is an improvement. But actual montenegrin families have a hard time accepting a female baby/child, so you can guess how they feel about LGBT people. 

In Istria 60% voted against the same-sex marriage ban at the referendum in 2013, that's a better result than we'd get if we had a referendum in Italy ngl :rip: but I've only been in the southern coast near the Montenegrin border, and it's much different there indeed. I feel like the rest of Croatia and Montenegro - at least the coastal parts and the capitals which have constant contacts with the outside world - will eventually become completely safe for both local and foreign gays. It might take a couple of decades, but a law allowing civil unions and showing people that homosexuality is normal and does no harm will only make the process quicker.

AvrilLaQueen

@Recidive threw the first stone in his country. A hero!

giphy.gif

Outlaws
14 hours ago, HumanitySector said:

Don't get fooled by this, Montenegro is hugely homophobic, even more so than some of its surrounding states. :chick3:

I live in Hungary. Tell me about it  :chick3:

LuLuDrops

It passed!

greeneyedsoul
Posted (edited)

Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia = winners

BiH, North Macedonia, Serbia = losers

wbk

Edited by greeneyedsoul