• Katy Perry
    • Selena Gomez
    • Taylor Swift
    • Rihanna
    • Britney Spears
    • Jennifer Lopez

gr33dy4Ari
Posted (edited)

They are the popstars who have a reputation of being a “bad singer”. But who takes the crown for having the least vocal ability? ATRL decides. 

Edited by gr33dy4Ari

jezebelvictoria

Taylor and Selena. 

BhHIFET.gif

KillingYourCareer

Is that even a question? Selena Gomez completely lacks technique, on top of having the weakest vocals. Katy and Rihanna have a very nice timbre along with a more than decent vocal range, not to mention their technique has gotten much better, I don't know what they're doing here.

bluebirdsforever
Posted (edited)

Katy and Taylor have their moments, Rihanna has incredible tone / charisma and Britney’s live vocals are obviously non-existent but her vocal tone is kind of iconic + works for her music. Selena showed up.

She makes it work for her (sometimes) and I enjoy a surprising amount of her music, but facts are facts :deadbanana2:

Edited by bluebirdsforever

ONOPKA

Selena 

but also Billie eyelash who isn’t in this list. 

diogozsz

Rihanna, Taylor and Katy's vocals are constantly improving, honestly. They don't belong here.

popmusicisdead

the one who sang off-key on her chorus entire song on live TV

Ryuuchan_X

Probably Selena. 

ATWK

Selena. It's not even up for discussion. :skull:

Cloudy

Between Britney and Selena, though probably leaning towards the later

ABeyBraith

Best to worse out of those 

Katy > Rihanna > Taylor > Britney > Selena

shinyshimmery

I mean, Britney can't sing (live) the songs they make her sing... but I think she would do great in country. 

Katy and Selena have more bad performances than they have good ones, so imma go with them. 

KillingYourCareer
2 minutes ago, gr33dy4Ari said:

As mentioned in my post, singers who have a rep for bad singing. And quite honestly, the three of them, for the most part, were very inconsistent in their vocal performances.

I do agree however that they have improved over the years. But that reputation is still there, I’d like to believe so.

Having a reputation based on performances from 5-10 years ago =/= being the least vocally talented popstars :michael: anyone with ears would know Selena is the only odd one in this list, as she has neither technique, nor vocal power, nor vocal range on her side... although she's a rare human being.

gr33dy4Ari
17 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Is that even a question? Selena Gomez completely lacks technique, on top of having the weakest vocals. Katy and Rihanna have a very nice timbre along with a more than decent vocal range, not to mention their technique has gotten much better, I don't know what they're doing here.

13 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Rihanna, Taylor and Katy's vocals are constantly improving, honestly. They don't belong here.

As mentioned in my post, singers who have a rep for bad singing. And quite honestly, the three of them, for the most part, were very inconsistent in their vocal performances.

I do agree however that they have improved over the years. But that reputation is still there, I’d like to believe so.

Rino
Just now, gr33dy4Ari said:

Katy and Rihanna are able to give decent vocal performances on 2 coniditions:

1. Their vocals are having a good day

2. They are standing completely still

This is somewhat also true for Taylor, but the girl has been improving considerably lately judging by her latest live perormaces :heart2:

okbyefornow

imagine not choosing selena

FantasyRide

what is up with the false narrative that Katy is not a good singer on here? I feel like I never see this criticism of her anywhere else but here (in comparison to the others in this list - not saying this in a shady way as I like all of their voices). I don’t get it, plus she’s improved a lot since her early days. 

lcylcy

Either Selena or Britney

FantasyRide
Posted (edited)

Edited by FantasyRide

KillingYourCareer
7 minutes ago, FantasyRide said:

what is up with the false narrative that Katy is not a good singer on here? I feel like I never see this criticism of her anywhere else but here (in comparison to the others in this list - not saying this in a shady way as I like all of their voices). I don’t get it, plus she’s improved a lot since her early days. 

She did have quite a few abhorrent vocal performances (Firework at the AMAs, Wide Awake at tbe BBMAs, and most of all her Don't Stop Me Now cover at the BBC Radio in 2010 :mazen:), but she's been singing well since Witness.

éclat

Selena. I can listen to everybody else. 

jonnysands91

Whoever chose Rihanna or Taylor over the other picks needs to have their heads looked at. 

Brinny Baby

Why is Jennifer Lopez not an option?

gr33dy4Ari
2 minutes ago, Brinny Baby said:

Why is Jennifer Lopez not an option?

Added!

americanshameless

Rihanna being here, in 2020 :bibliahh:

Rihanna > Katy = Britney > Taylor >>>>> Selena :biblio: