Horizon Forbidden West PS5

Massive_Teardrop
On 6/11/2020 at 6:59 PM, Hyouka said:

is the first one great? the last open world game i have played has been spider-man for the ps4 and i found it empty and repetitive :lakitu:

Get the version with the frozen wilds!!!!! Hzd is phenomenal 

• 2 months later...

According to Sony Japan, this is also heading to the PS4.

Furthermore, in order to continue to support the huge community of PlayStation®4 (PS4®) during the transition period of generations, we are working on the PS4 version of some SIE WWS titles in parallel. "Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales", "Libitz! "Big Adventure" and "Horizon Forbidden West" are made by taking advantage of the performance of PS5's ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense wireless controller, but we are preparing to enjoy it on PS4, and the PS5 version will be released. At the same time, PS4 version will be released.

https://blog.ja.playstation.com/2020/09/17/20200917-ps5/

• 4 months later...

HZD ended up being one of my most played games (I seriously have an obscene amount of hours without even doing NG+ once :deadbanana2: - but that's because aside from 100% the base and TFW, I also collected every single optional data entry :skull:)

So needless to say, I'm excited about this, I love how Geurilla went from Killzone to this. But they also really need to step up their game, and hopefully FW will:

-Fix the really, really sad stealth (look for the correct stealth grass? Really? :deadbanana2:)

-Make the Tallnecks more...innovative. Loved the first two but the novelty wears out. If we're going to nick ideas from other open world games, which this game does a lot, let us innovate them as much as we can pls. You can literally TIME a run off a high point onto a Tallneck

-The mounts. My god, the horrible mount control :deadbanana2:

-Narrative pacing. The story is one of my fave in all of gaming, but the critical audio log stop-and-listen kills narrative pacing - other games use Audio and text logs for flavour, not plot critical details.

-Reduce redundant weapon types. HZD could really just have had 2 bows instead of 3; and the one element only weapons in TFW manage to easily outdo the elemental sling (really, the sling should also be one with 2 sets of 3 ammo types, instead of 2 slings with one individual ammo set), but at 3x the inventory space.

-The inventory management system. No comment. :skull:

-The endless looting resources, the system can be much neater - especially when herbs are considered. I literally ran overencumbered for a time not realizing I had 125+ of those elemental potion creating flowers when I had literally never used a resist potion.

-Geurilla is really bad at PC porting so I hope they've learned their lesson with HZD.

Optional: Add a romance system! Virtually everyone in this game wants Aloy :bibliahh: I don't blame them but after ALL that flirty dialogue with Petra, Erend, Avad, Vanasha, Teb, Gildun etc...sis.

The story looks promising!!! I hope they do more things except just the corruption theme, they've done that 3x now.

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Kisuke said:

I don't know why you posted that here. The article states that "State of Play broadcast will serve up new updates and deep dives for 10 games coming to PS4 and PS5, including new game announcements and updates on some of the third-party and indie titles you last saw in June’s PS5 showcase. "

Horizon isn't either an indie game or a 3rd party one :cm: