Stargirl: Season 1 | Renewed For Season 2

I’m watching. It’s good, but I’m annoyed at the bully girl and the fact that some importantish characters have died already.

MattyTheNight

I love it! I can't believe The CW is pulling through with this. I love Amy Smart, Luke Wilson, love where the story line is going, as I'm not as educated in DC characters, whew. I wasn't expecting to love this so much 

The first few episodes were only okay, but it really picked up with the Wildcat episode and i start to really like it.

Ahh this show is so good, i'm obsessed :jonny6:

This was my 2nd favorite episode so far after Yolanda's origin story. Rick letting the construct pass through him with the score in the background was such a sad and powerful scene.

I love that there is such a variety/contrast in personalities. Courtney: enthusiastic vs Yolanda: cautious and Beth: hyper eager vs Rick: disinterested.

Also the green lantern easter eggs are too strong not to have someone taking on gl in a future season. They're planning on introducing Jade Scott in the future me thinks.

• 3 weeks later...
Gossip_Boy

Good news: the show has been renewed

Bad news: they're giving it to the CW

The DC Universe steaming service is definitely a goner but why couldn't they give it to HBO Max ugh. This show is amazing i hope CW doesn't turn it into garbage like with everything else :doc:

I really like that Cindy immediately knew that Courtney was Stargirl. It's ridiculous in other shows that people never know who the heroes are, just because they wear a mask. 

Edited by Kevin2803
pengkweeen
1 hour ago, Kevin2803 said:

I really like that Cindy immediately knew that Courtney was Stargirl. It's ridiculous in other shows that people never know who the heroes are, just because they wear a mask. 

She actually got me there at the beginning when she was pretending not to :dies: And then the reveal :jonny5:

Also, I stan Cindy's fight scenes more than the others for some reason. The movements felt fluid?

9 minutes ago, pengkweeen said:

Also, I stan Cindy's fight scenes more than the others for some reason. The movements felt fluid?

True, but it makes sense, because she was raised that way and probably had training. Courtney & Co. are mostly beginners.

loveisdead9582

I’m really enjoying the show, but I’m worried that the CW will ruin it like they did with every good idea they’ve ever had Supergirl

This is shockingly quite good.  Personally I think Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends Of Tomorrow, and presumably Black Lightning and Batwoman (didn't even bother with those two) are all garbage, so I had very low expectations for this, but it's very different.  And the budget is clearly much larger.  The staff looks good, the fight scenes are realistic, Icicle's ice form is dope.  

Of course, now I see it's going only to the CW next season............. That's very worrisome....

Brec is a really good Courtney.  She somehow manages to come across as a fun, irreverent teenager without being annoying.  

I really like how they're giving the villains significant backstory.  Personally I care about them more than the heroes so far.  Icicle is really cool and his reasoning for everything makes sense.  I love that he isn't needlessly cackling and being an asshole for no reason.  And he seems to be a good father so far...

Cindy is really interesting too.  On the one hand I think the neglect/expectations from her father have made her what she is, but on the other hand she also seems like a straight psychopath???  Like when she hinted at killing her own mother, how awful she is to her stepmother, and when she couldn't even sympathize with Henry when he needed a hug because his dad is in a coma....

I really want a redemption arc for Henry <3  Broken bad boys turning good is one of my favorite tropes.

Johnny Jacobs

I watched the first 2 episodes and didnt like it.. It seems like a disney show.

so i stopped.. 

Should i continue?? 

The producers and writers tell in a Instagram post that nothing will change for season 2..... Let's hope they aren't lying.

5 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

I watched the first 2 episodes and didnt like it.. It seems like a disney show.

so i stopped.. 

Should i continue?? 

Yes, definitely. I wasn't really into the show after the first three episodes either, but it picks up with episode 4, when the team starts to grow. And now i'm totally hooked.

i agree the first few eps are not the tea. but the show starts to pick up now. im so excited for each episode now.

shiv :jonny5:

8 hours ago, AlfonsoVM said:

Latest episode..... I'm gonna cry:cries:

i wasn't expecting that :weeps: wtf?????? and then the song came in and i am just done :weeps: