Okay Kaya - 'Surviving Is the New Living'

twinkpeaks

shookspeare

THANK YOU for tagging me :jonny5: Watch This Grammy Win Itself is lowkey AOTY 2020 so far, I hope this is anywhere near as good :alexz:

Edited by shookspeare
twinkpeaks
1 minute ago, Indie Go Mind said:

Don't know who she is but that title is a MOOD! :jonny5:

"I'm too horny for this quarantine" :jonny2:

Edited by twinkpeaks
Indie Go Mind
28 minutes ago, twinkpeaks said:

"I'm too horny for this quarantine" :jonny2:

I just gave the album a spin and it was a pretty good listen. It felt like she is a softer more melodic Bjork (in a good way) especially when she was singing in Norwegian (I think).

Bill Withers gave me a scare but it's still good. I also like the little breaks in between the songs, makes the transitions more prevailent and anticipating.

Overall, I don't see myself giving it a regular spin just yet but it's a pleasurable listen and I hope her the best and she gets more recognition. :clap3:

34 minutes ago, twinkpeaks said:

mixtape 

definitely feels like a mixtape, it left me craving more :jonny: but it's not a bad thing

DevinWylde

Ok I've listened to this non-stop all day so far and it's so good, Comic Sans is golden, the whole project is so minimalistic, kinda reminds me of the new Fiona Apple at times

brooklyndaddy

What happened to it :rip: It couldn't have been a mistake, there was even a song featured on New Music Friday

I tried asking her about it on Twitter but she hasn't responded, I'm really sad it isn't available anymore

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...