• LiveYourLife

• Oxygen

• TayAlison89

• Satin

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, raven said:

gen z really adores her huh 

x7iNTuN.gif

everytime.mp3 I open Tiktok it's that Motive remix playing and I ain't mad about it

x7iNTuN.gif

I admit it's exciting

x7iNTuN.gif

Parts of me kinda like it 

x7iNTuN.gif

I'm manifesting live performanceS this March.
x7iNTuN.gif
If not, I'll be taking back my money from her (that came from me streaming her music on Spotify).
x7iNTuN.gif

Edited by LightningPH

Unpopular opinion:

I don’t see POV performing as good as y’all think it will right now. I felt like they missed their opportunity with that one and I understand it’s one of her best and a fan favorite but spring/summer is coming up.

I think pushing motive with a fiery/beach video would do better. I can see it smashing as a song of the summer 

1 hour ago, Aribiotch said:

Unpopular opinion:

I don’t see POV performing as good as y’all think it will right now. I felt like they missed their opportunity with that one and I understand it’s one of her best and a fan favorite but spring/summer is coming up.

I think pushing motive with a fiery/beach video would do better. I can see it smashing as a song of the summer 

I think it's time for her to release a more mature single, whether it'll do good on the charts or not. The song has already 150M streams or more on Spotify, for an album track released 3 months ago. She has the respect of the AC public but they don't relate to her music (hits/singles), obviously, pov could show the GP that she can use her voice and that she can do more than the cute sexy songs. 

3 hours ago, TayAlison89 said:

Also why can't she give us a tiny desk performance :weeps: or any performance at all 

It's amazing that she gave us a deluxe, a remix and three videos for this era, but it feels so dull without a live performance idk :chick3: a tiny desk/VEVO presents is what we need 

A shame that two of them were for one of the worst songs in the album

FAz0h8d.gif

POV would (most likely) be huge on radio do better in sales than the other two singles. Regardless of how it performs though, she needs to release it just to show another side of her

If she released a video for POV + playlist support + airplay instead of promoting the 34+35 remix do you think we could have seen a repeat of the TUN+7R+BUWYG,IB dominance?

2 hours ago, Aribiotch said:

Unpopular opinion:

When do you think they should have released pov?

14 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

honestly the upcoming weeks.

I can see pov being a radio hit like breathin was, so it wouldn't hurt releasing it as a single. 

1 hour ago, ariananext said:

I think it's time for her to release a more mature single, whether it'll do good on the charts or not. The song has already 150M streams or more on Spotify, for an album track released 3 months ago. She has the respect of the AC public but they don't relate to her music (hits/singles), obviously, pov could show the GP that she can use her voice and that she can do more than the cute sexy songs. 

This. At the very least it would attract a different audience that will help boost her sales + definitely help her in her 30s where she'll have to rely on AC more often 

27 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Honestly, I wish the things they did for the 3435 remix was replaced with POV promo and pushing it hard around valentines with its own MV. 69 was already going to be a solid top 10 hit, so the remix wasn’t truly needed when that attention could have been redirected to somewhere else like POV. I felt like that was the best chance to push POV,

But now that March is next week,  and motive gaining the traction it has, I just don’t think pushing POV in the spring/summer would be a smart way to keep the era going. If anything wait til this fall to push POV as part of a Grammy campaign.

17 minutes ago, raven said:

This. At the very least it would attract a different audience that will help boost her sales + definitely help her in her 30s where she'll have to rely on AC more often 

I agree, I’m not saying POV doesn’t need to happen, I just think the push for it right now wouldn’t be as effective. The gp wants bop as summer is approaching, push motive then save POV for fall

26 minutes ago, Aribiotch said:

I agree, I’m not saying POV doesn’t need to happen, I just think the push for it right now wouldn’t be as effective. The gp wants bop as summer is approaching, push motive then save POV for fall

If they start pushing it in March it'll probably peak around June and if the rumours are true, she'll have two separate collaborations with Drake and Benny Blanco with one of them likely being pushed as a summer single. Idk if she's planning on going beyond 3 singles for this album tbh. Knowing her, I feel like by fall she'll already have moved on :michael: 

1 hour ago, quitedangerous said:

honestly the upcoming weeks.

I can see pov being a radio hit like breathin was, so it wouldn't hurt releasing it as a single. 

I agree. I definitely think they should because like others have said it will attract a different kind of audience. She doesn't have a smash hit ballad yet which is really shocking considering she's the best vocalist of her generation. 

1 hour ago, Aribiotch said:

Honestly, I wish the things they did for the 3435 remix was replaced with POV promo and pushing it hard around valentines with its own MV. 69 was already going to be a solid top 10 hit, so the remix wasn’t truly needed when that attention could have been redirected to somewhere else like POV. I felt like that was the best chance to push POV,

But now that March is next week,  and motive gaining the traction it has, I just don’t think pushing POV in the spring/summer would be a smart way to keep the era going. If anything wait til this fall to push POV as part of a Grammy campaign.

I agree with all of this + I think she should have announced her engagement in the music video for extra streams

ariananext
3 hours ago, raven said:

Yep, it's a shame that she's so acclaimed as a vocalist but they can't get into her music, they should start alternating her singles releases for different audiences. She won't keep her younger fanbase with her private behavior..

3 hours ago, Aribiotch said:

I agree especially with the first part, I really don't want Motive as a single, first of all I feel like it's a song that she doesn't like it as much as the rest, cause it just sticks out in a negative way and doesn't feel like it belongs to the album at all. Also we just had a Doja single.. one is enough

Aristocrat

I know we say this every time and we are clowns every time, but I just cannot take another album of all Tommy Brown & co tracks with an average length of 2 minutes. It's getting really old. Of course she still makes great songs, and I love the majority of Positions, but it's just so tired. I have no excitement for AG7 right now if it's just going to be another Positions. She has so much potential it feels like she never completely reaches. 

FAz0h8d.gif

LightningPH
12 minutes ago, Aristocrat said:

I know we say this every time and we are clowns every time, but I just cannot take another album of all Tommy Brown & co tracks with an average length of 2 minutes. It's getting really old. Of course she still makes great songs, and I love the majority of Positions, but it's just so tired. I have no excitement for AG7 right now if it's just going to be another Positions. She has so much potential it feels like she never completely reaches. 

FAz0h8d.gif

This. I want vocal-heavy songs from her and not fast upbeat songs. I need her to showcase her vocals a la Whitney and Mariah, but I know she has stated over and over again that ballads are not her thing. I'll even take an album full of OTT.