A dark theme is now available to ATRL+ members. ×

Lana Del Rey - 'Chemtrails Over the Country Club'

RideOrDie

2 hours ago, RobynYoBank said:

Sometimes I wonder how some of you are even fans of her when you prefer these awful fan covers over the gorgeous masterpieces she comes up with...

Ikr :deadbanana2: I never understand fans who use something other than an official artwork. 99.99% of the times, they are much worse than the actual cover.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VeniceBeach

• ontherocks

• Fender

• stjosephprey4us

I like the song but j wish ir had more payoff lyrically - like sure, there's something bad and omnious happening, but she kinda leaves us hanging :rip: it never materializes into anything

I love the outro though

4 hours ago, dylanx said:

I like the song but j wish ir had more payoff lyrically - like sure, there's something bad and omnious happening, but she kinda leaves us hanging :rip: it never materializes into anything

I love the outro though

Because if she sang about something bad happening she'd be glamorising it (because obviously we can't acknowledge things in art without apparently condoning them - and we can't address that because we can't word things properly and then we become a racist, a Karen, a republican etc) 

4 hours ago, Vivub said:

After listening COCC whole 3 days

So piss me off the fact that she doesn't have one single grammy.

F**k you scammys

Was thinking about that also. I think it's ridiculous that she didn't win one for NFR. I understand that the grammys want to give out awards to albums that do well commercially, but lets be honest NFR is not for the masses and if she were to go in that direction then she would release another LFL and we've been known that her commercial albums aren't her best work so it doesn't really make any sense for the grammys to want her to go in that direction to get a best record award. Hopefully she'll get one in the future though.

Let Me Love You Like a Woman on Spotify
Day 1: 1,374,852 (#59)
Day 2: 749,894 (#167)

Chemtrails Over the Country Club on Spotify
Day 1: 1,200,069 (#62)
Day 2: 921,623 (#120)
MqeY6ML.thumb.png.9f1fe9237500980e06277e

Edited by VeniceBeach
oops
25 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

COCC is superior, so what.

:gaycat2:

24 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

So same amount of streams? COOC remains superior :-* 

7 minutes ago, Kimi said:

the only thing i hate bout chemtrails is that random noise in the background, like it's so annoying, almost like old vinyl player

that's literally what it is - a vinyl FX sound.

:gaycat5:

1 hour ago, VeniceBeach said:

It's weird that there's not at least one explicit song. The old Lana is dead :deadbanana4:

I didn't even notice - could it be that they just aren't marked like the features?

Hi guys

slightly off topic, but bought this Monday and arrived today :) great price and nice little collectors item :)

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/lana-del-rey-you-ll-never-walk-alone-vinyl?gclid=CjwKCAiAi_D_BRApEiwASslbJ-vfcKJKOagbQ6i_OGGGQD2KDCQ7DVwHM-tonOjk06ib6t0SBeQhehoC_-0QAvD_BwE

1 hour ago, Kimi said:

the only thing i hate bout chemtrails is that random noise in the background, like it's so annoying, almost like old vinyl player

If you mean the static thing then yeah it's annoying af

2 minutes ago, schnetzka said:

I hope the album has at least one up-tempo song on it. Maybe in the same vein as High by the Beach.

not "uptempo" but this will probably be the closest it gets 

15 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Only in case you don't know about Love's demo:

the beginning sounds like a horror movie, what a shame we didn't get the witch-y more eerie version of the album..thx sis :heart2:

OT: COCC gets better with each listen ... the vinyl sounds are electrifying :jonny5:

I'm not bored or unhappy, I'm still so strange and wild

This morning I decided that COCC is kind of her best sing of all time. So lush, gorgeous, etc.

It's also been established that the official cover is officially the IT cover and the Neil Krug one is for basic heauxs. This isn't going to be a depressed running through technicolor fields affair at all, no ma'am. This album is all about being a rich bitch living in carefree bliss with your upper crust flapper friends in timeless hues of black and white

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

This morning I decided that COCC is kind of her best sing of all time. So lush, gorgeous, etc.

It's also been established that the official cover is officially the IT cover and the Neil Krug one is for basic heauxs. This isn't going to be a depressed running through technicolor fields affair at all, no ma'am. This album is all about being a rich bitch living in carefree bliss with your upper crust flapper friends in timeless hues of black and white

giphy.gif

Right the Neil shoot is sorta crusty this time around

he’s lost it 

14 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

giphy.gif

this tea....the neil krug has no concept behind it wwhatsoever while the original one is so epic 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Melancholy said:

this tea....the neil krug has no concept behind it wwhatsoever while the original one is so epic 

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Mariah's Glove said:

Right the Neil shoot is sorta crusty this time around

he’s lost it 

Agreed, from the images we've seen that Neil shared, they're not really compelling this time around. The main image, while it's jarring because it's just her friends and not really remarkable and almost looks candid, might be the whole point she chose it. Has an eerie The Shining vibe to it.

3 minutes ago, NOW said:

Agreed, from the images we've seen that Neil shared, they're not really compelling this time around. The main image, while it's jarring because it's just her friends and not really remarkable and almost looks candid, might be the whole point she chose it. Has an eerie The Shining vibe to it.

it looks like one of those high school reunion long lost pic where everyone looks happy from the 20s or something, i can cry just from looking at the pic imagining a whole back story