Zack Snyder's Justice League | HBO Max | 2021

On 3/2/2021 at 6:03 PM, Drowned8World said:
On 2/22/2021 at 10:46 AM, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

What if it's Shazam :duca:

does Snyder even like that character? i love it but since he always does these "super serious and dark" stuff...

There's actually no way he's going to connect his film to any other current WB roster tbh

I think the article was just misleading and the surprise is Martian Manhunter all along

36 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

I still can't believe the best film ever is coming out so soon :jonny:

It's willld :jonny5:

The fandom vs film twitter is gonna break the internet 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Legendary

• ALA

• champpp

• BoyLikeYouSuxx

16 minutes ago, Legendary said:

It's willld :jonny5:

The fandom vs film twitter is gonna break the internet 

I've never witnessed any fights between the Snyderists and film twitter and I can definitely imagine how... Mean Girls fight scene that can get. I'm excited to read them tho :gaycat3:

I even loved Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman and I'll lowkey defend the mom moment because it was meant to be much deeper (Batman humanizing Superman) just awkwardly written and misconstrued. I can see the pitchforks coming RIGHT NOW saying this.

12 hours ago, MattyTacos said:

I've never witnessed any fights between the Snyderists and film twitter and I can definitely imagine how... Mean Girls fight scene that can get. I'm excited to read them tho :gaycat3:

I even loved Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman and I'll lowkey defend the mom moment because it was meant to be much deeper (Batman humanizing Superman) just awkwardly written and misconstrued. I can see the pitchforks coming RIGHT NOW saying this.

The TASTE jumped out. The Martha moment IS so layered and is the linchpin to the whole theme of humanity in the movie. Batman realizes that he has lost his humanity and has almost become what he hated the most (Joe Chill). He saw Superman as an alien threat (both literally and in a metaphor for immigrants) throughout the whole film and it took this one moment to finally make him realize that they share a common humanity.

If you haven't seen this video, I highly recommend it. He talks a lot about the Martha moment and is able to articulate it much better than I can

12 hours ago, MattyTacos said:

You spilled. BvS isn't perfect but gets better with every viewing and with time :clap3:

Ahhhh lemme watch the new teaser 

1 hour ago, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

The new teaser looks so good :jonny5: I'm actually excited to see each characters teaser (assuming they get one)

Yep Zack confirmed there's one for each character. Can't wait for the WW one :jonny4:

SPOILERY new pics of Knightmare costumes from the AT&T Discovery exhibit :

Spoiler

@champppYou seen this yet? We may have to eat our words, Snyder had a drawboard where Diana sees the future where she's the god of war and she KILLS Superman :jonny5: As much as I don't always appreciate Snyder's gritty vision, it does seem like he had a powerful future for WW

7 minutes ago, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

@champppYou seen this yet? We may have to eat our words, Snyder had a drawboard where Diana sees the future where she's the god of war and she KILLS Superman :jonny5: As much as I don't always appreciate Snyder's gritty vision, it does seem like he had a powerful future for WW

She does end up dying along with Arthur in the Knightmare timeline but ultimately becomes the QUEEN of Themyscira when the world is restored :jonny4:

I f*cking HATE Warner Bros. so much 

10 hours ago, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

It was deleted before I was able to check it out but I did find it later. Idk... Weren't those scrapped movies that were planed like ages ago? Even if he was to get a JL2 it'd be different, right?

And screaming at that "vision" since that'd be extremely unrealistic since all Superman would have to do would be to fly away, what would WW do? Jump in her invisible jet and go after him? :rip: But that scene where she tries to find a way to go back home is cute, they should use it for WW3. 

You know, I'm starting to think that maybe a reboot wouldn't be a bad idea. Give WW another movie to finish her trilogy and then recast her. Yeah, yeah, she's perfect in that role and we all love her but I don't see how she'd be able to hang around especially with Batman and Superman being recast. Which is unfortunate... So, hear me out, we have a different WW that will complete the trinity with Pattinson's Batman and Michael B. Jordan's Superman. They could find an unknown actress, but I also feel like Alicia Vikander would be good. She got in a phenomenal shape for Lara Croft so I'm sure she'd kill it. Also, Ana De Armas would be great. I'd also love to see Anya Chalotra from The Witcher. Ugh, they'd be amazing :jonny5:

636530845344976243-TR-19345r.jpg?width=2

Ana-De-Armas_Press4-scaled-e158286930860

original.gif

And she wouldn't be a powerless loser but a powerful GODDESS that can fly and isn't obsessed with Steve. And she could be bisexual like she's supposed to be!

Ugh, a DREAM :jonny5:

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, ALA said:

Ahhhhhh :jonny5: ugh I can't wait to see Henry without a botched face in this jdjdkdkdklf

Can’t wait for WW :jonny4:

On 3/4/2021 at 12:16 PM, Legendary said:

The TASTE jumped out. The Martha moment IS so layered and is the linchpin to the whole theme of humanity in the movie. Batman realizes that he has lost his humanity and has almost become what he hated the most (Joe Chill). He saw Superman as an alien threat (both literally and in a metaphor for immigrants) throughout the whole film and it took this one moment to finally make him realize that they share a common humanity.

If you haven't seen this video, I highly recommend it. He talks a lot about the Martha moment and is able to articulate it much better than I can

Omg it's the most pleasing thing to talk to somebody who understands what Snyder's goal was in terms of his thematic choices. I agree about Batman and will go as far as to say he HAS killed before in the comics and I think the cumulation of his DCEU series is a bold humanized interpretation of our favorite Superheroes struggling in modern day society to fully realize their comic/previous film-like incarnations. Also like, Nolan being a producer for most of these films just ADDS to that argument and everyone seems to ??? overlook that.

I added the video to my watch list since I LOOOVE watching BVS praise essay-videos, so thank you!

On 3/4/2021 at 12:51 PM, ALA said:

You spilled. BvS isn't perfect but gets better with every viewing and with time :clap3:

Ahhhh lemme watch the new teaser 

I saw the Director's Cut recently during my Snyder film watch (which I awkwardly didn't complete since I need to finish Watchmen and see 300, I got stuck watching Sucker Punch's director's cut like 3-4 times) and it added so much depth to the film, I was truly blown away :jonny:

Genuine question for people who liked those leaks and would love to see JL2 which would take place in the Knightmare timeline:

Do you guys only like Batman and are okay with Superman being evil? 

Cause only that would explain why someone would be excited to see a movie that's literally just about that. I LOVE Zack, he's a phenomenal filmmaker but his vision for JL is not good. It's obvious as hell that he's only obsessed with Batman and that he does not understand other characters. Yes, even Superman even tho MoS was amazing imo. 

Imagine having Superman evil in JL2 and JL3, like where's the growth for the character, when would he become the Superman he's supposed to be (since people said that MoS/BvS was Superman before he became "SUPERMAN", so we'd have to wait until JL3 ends for that to happen?)? Even if we don't include the tragedy that was Bruce's and Lois' relationship, other JL members were treated with little to no respect. Wonder Woman (a part of the DC trinity and the only woman on the team) is literally sidelined and treated like a one dimensional character. Mind you it was Zack's idea (since WW was his story) to make her a demigod, so how can a God be so weak like he made her (she was basically just a hot warrior princess, nothing more than that). Even in the animated movies where she's depicted as a warrior first and foremost at least she's always able to stand her ground and no one dares to underestimate her.  Here they weren't even able to decide whether she can fly or not :rip: And yeah, since she was "able" to fly in Zack's universe, I guess we'd have to wait to see her do that after JL3 :rip:

And 3 JL movies with only a bunch of DC heroes? Excuse me? How many characters exist that were NEVER shown on the big screen and you only use a bunch of them (with only Batman and Superman being front and center)!? Where's the Justice League Dark? Where are Hawkgirl and Hawkman? Vixen, Icon, Shazam family, New Gods, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Titans, Doctor Fate, Black Adam, Supergirl, etc...!? So many iconic characters, you'd expect to see SOME of them introduced in the JL trilogy :rip:

And I know Marvel is doing something else and they developed their universe a long time ago so it's easier for them to include more characters, but compare Infinity War/Endgame (and solo movies that lead to them) and JL3, like... No, no, no. 

Again, LOVE Zack and I can't wait to see this movie but he's just not the right person to WRITE JL movies, maybe he could direct them with someone else writing them, I think that'd be cool, but his vision is just... something that the critics and the GP (and a lot of fans!) wouldn't like to see. 

@Legendary @ALA @BoyLikeYouSuxx