Wikipedia

The ADHD Lounge

Rami328
Posted (edited)

I have inattentive ADHD and its been getting so bad during quarantine :deadbanana4: Can't even focus on movies or tv anymore

A few weeks ago I was cooking on the stove, went to get something in my room real quick, and almost forgot I left the stove on :rip: 

Edited by Rami328

Wikipedia
2 hours ago, Caesar said:

@Wikipedia what type of ADHD do you have?

ADHD-C

what about you?

Nido

I have to do a lot of writing as part of my job and I'm still struggling with focusing on finishing them but recently I've noticed that one way to get the work going is to use the speech-to-text feature on my phone/laptop to "translate" what I have in my mind into a whole paragraph and then fix the wording and grammar later. The rapid thoughts in my mind come out easier by speaking than by typing it seems

Y9iV.gif

Caesar
21 minutes ago, Wikipedia said:

ADHD-C

what about you?

just inattentive 

Y9iV.gif

Caesar
47 minutes ago, Rami328 said:

I have inattentive ADHD and its been getting so bad during quarantine :deadbanana4: Can't even focus on movies or tv anymore

A few weeks ago I was cooking on the stove, went to get something in my room real quick, and almost forgot I left the stove on :rip: 

I have a struggle remembering the names of characters, i won't memorize them completely until i'm like 3 seasons in

ff thats a fear of mine, i always have to double check if i didn't leave anything on

Wikipedia
20 minutes ago, Nido said:

I have to do a lot of writing as part of my job and I'm still struggling with focusing on finishing them but recently I've noticed that one way to get the work going is to use the speech-to-text feature on my phone/laptop to "translate" what I have in my mind into a whole paragraph and then fix the wording and grammar later. The rapid thoughts in my mind come out easier by speaking than by typing it seems

Y9iV.gif

oh wow that seems smart 

I used a text-to-speech website to help me read this pdf and it really helped me stay on track. Pretty neat. I wish I could use speech-to-text on my diary though...

Y9iV.gif

Nido
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Wikipedia said:

oh wow that seems smart 

I used a text-to-speech website to help me read this pdf and it really helped me stay on track. Pretty neat. I wish I could use speech-to-text on my diary though...

Y9iV.gif

I still find it hard to concentrate on proofreading though, it felt like such mental gymnastic :skull: 

Spellcheckers are nice but they won't detect when I randomly miss out on a word or replace one word with something totally unrelated. Once in a while I'd find random errors that I missed when reading through the stuff I wrote again and it's pretty annoying :psyduck:

Edited by Nido

Wikipedia
12 minutes ago, Nido said:

I still find it hard to concentrate on proofreading though, it felt like such mental gymnastic :skull: 

Spellcheckers are nice but they won't detect when I randomly miss out on a word or replace one word with something totally unrelated. Once in a while I'd find random errors that I missed when reading through the stuff I wrote again and it's pretty annoying :psyduck:

My sister gets me to proofread her essays. Maybe you could do something similar?

Nido
34 minutes ago, Wikipedia said:

My sister gets me to proofread her essays. Maybe you could do something similar?

I don't know, I don't really want to bother anyone and I happen to have no siblings either so :katie:

Also, I can't believe how distracted and forgetful I am that I totally forgot to hit Submit on this maybe 34 minutes ago :skull:

Wikipedia
41 minutes ago, Nido said:

I don't know, I don't really want to bother anyone and I happen to have no siblings either so :katie:

Also, I can't believe how distracted and forgetful I am that I totally forgot to hit Submit on this maybe 34 minutes ago :skull:

My uni has people/this workshop thing were you can get people to proofread your work for free. It's open every week. Does your uni have something like that? Don't feel like you're bothering anyone! I use to feel like that all the time and it prevented me from getting the help I needed. A lot of people are happy to help you out :hug:

I reply late as well. Usually cause i've been switching back and forth between ATRL, Twitter, Reddit and Youtube :emofish:

Caesar

Holy sh*t. Took my first adderall today. I felt so much better.... I kinda dislike the euphoric boost at the beginning, it’s a little too much for me. Once that wore off, it felt amazing

Y9iV.gif

Caesar

Is it just me or does stimulants get rid of anxiety

It's working better than when I was on anti-depressants / anxiety meds

Y9iV.gif

mcohen
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Caesar said:

Is it just me or does stimulants get rid of anxiety

It's working better than when I was on anti-depressants / anxiety meds

Y9iV.gif

For me, they do. I stress much more and get more anxious when I don't take my medicine 

The problem is when my meds start to wear off at night. The anxiety/stress then hits me like a truck 

Y9iV.gif

Edited by mcohen

Caesar
15 minutes ago, mcohen said:

For me, they do. I stress much more and get more anxious when I don't take my medicine 

The problem is when my meds start to wear off at night. The anxiety/stress then hits me like a truck 

Y9iV.gif

I actually havent felt a crash yet. Probably because I'm in such a low dose

Do you take breaks between your meds? I know some people don't take it during the weekends or when their not working etc

Y9iV.gif

mcohen
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I actually havent felt a crash yet. Probably because I'm in such a low dose

Do you take breaks between your meds? I know some people don't take it during the weekends or when their not working etc

Y9iV.gif

I don't during the weekends (Unless I have school work to do on Sunday's) and If I know, I'll be going out I'll skip my afternoon dose. Whenever I'm on break from school, I won't take it daily and maybe go a few days without it but never a full stop. I find getting back on it after a long break to be tough, and it is also essential to my day to day tbh. The first few days always ruin my sleep schedule, I get more irritable and no appetite, etc 

I think it's important tho. I recommend it. At least once you are settled with your dosage and all of that. It's good to take a breather 

Y9iV.gif

Edited by mcohen

Revolution

I hate the constant hula-hoops I have to go through to get a Vyvanse refill.

I messaged my doctor over a week ago and she still hasn't responded.

I can't do **** without my meds, just let me get an automatic refill. Idc if people abuse it :rip: 

Caesar
On 7/20/2020 at 6:42 PM, Revolution said:

I hate the constant hula-hoops I have to go through to get a Vyvanse refill.

I messaged my doctor over a week ago and she still hasn't responded.

I can't do **** without my meds, just let me get an automatic refill. Idc if people abuse it :rip: 

My doctor does it pretty easily. I just have to do a video call with him and he sends the prescription afterwards

Revolution
On 7/27/2020 at 2:32 AM, Caesar said:

My doctor does it pretty easily. I just have to do a video call with him and he sends the prescription afterwards

I go to my school health center so she doesn't give a ****. :rip: I need to find a new psychiatrist but it's not happening in this pandemic lol.

Wikipedia

Literally everyone in my life (including my doctors) keep telling me to exercise and yet I can't bring myself to do it

FAz0h8d.gif

If y'all can recommend me exercise routines/videos then that would be great

FAz0h8d.gif

Wikipedia

Y'all know how to stick to long term hobbies? I'm learning to play the piano but it's rough trying to play it everyday. I want to be skilled at something and I actually enjoy playing. I just want to be able to stick to something you know?

FAz0h8d.gif

Also, how are you guys handling quarantine? Are y'all in college/uni? I'm doing online study and it sucks. Do y'all have any tips/routines that could help me out cause I don't wanna drop out again.

FAz0h8d.gif

Nido

Commitment to things that don't excite us is kinda not our thing huh? I've been procrastinating a lot and now it's likely that there will be another lockdown due to  the 2nd wave, I am more unmotivated than ever to do anything, not even work. I just want to watch YouTube all days and then sleep

FAz0h8d.gif

dangerousalex

my sleep schedule has been so ****ed ever since I got put onto Vyvanse and now on top of that, getting prescribed with fluoxetine. I can’t even drink coffee without staying up all night (even after taking melatonin) :rip:

It’s so irritating, feeling so down all the time and always overthinking. Especially in times like these, I barely want to leave my house, except now that’s a good thing (but not mentally) :monkey:

Blue Jeans

It’s difficult to have friends and family members with ADHD. I feel like I can’t connect with them, and they forget about me in a second getting distracted by something/someone else. They live somewhere else in their mind :dancehall2:

Caesar
On 7/30/2020 at 1:15 AM, Wikipedia said:

Literally everyone in my life (including my doctors) keep telling me to exercise and yet I can't bring myself to do it

FAz0h8d.gif

If y'all can recommend me exercise routines/videos then that would be great

FAz0h8d.gif

Take a stimulant and go on a run. chile your gonna be running for a good 10-20 mins straight non stop

FAz0h8d.gif

Caesar
4 hours ago, Wikipedia said:

Y'all know how to stick to long term hobbies? I'm learning to play the piano but it's rough trying to play it everyday. I want to be skilled at something and I actually enjoy playing. I just want to be able to stick to something you know?

FAz0h8d.gif

Also, how are you guys handling quarantine? Are y'all in college/uni? I'm doing online study and it sucks. Do y'all have any tips/routines that could help me out cause I don't wanna drop out again.

FAz0h8d.gif

I can’t stick to any sort of hobby tbh, So I can’t help you in that department

FAz0h8d.gif

Actually online classes has made my life easier. I’m about to complete 4, 3 credit classes and I had no issue. Took alot of self-discipline  tho 

I’d say just dedicate maybe one or two days out of the week to do the work of the entire week. OR do a little bit each morning

FAz0h8d.gif